• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I just want to make a CD I can see on my DVD player!!!

Good Ol Gal said:
I still feel soooo confused!! :crazy:
Ok GOG, try this.
Take a blank CD and put it in your CD burner and pick a few pictures to burn. You will get a ballon at the top of your desktop saying you have files to be copied to a disk. Click that balloon. When the CD drive window opens click "Write these files to CD". The CD Writing Wizard box will open and ask you to name the CD. Do so and click "Next" at the bottom. On the next screen at the the top it will say "Do you want to make a HighMAT-compatible CD?", check the box to do so and check the box that says "Convert files if necessary". Click "Next" at the bottom. CD burning will start. After it is done put it in your DVD player and see if you can play the pictures.

If you have Windows XP and don't see the HighMAT option you can download it here, http://www.highmat.com/download/ .

ndelaware said:
Ok GOG, try this.
Take a blank CD and put it in your CD burner and pick a few pictures to burn. You will get a ballon at the top of your desktop saying you have files to be copied to a disk. Click that balloon. When the CD drive window opens click "Write these files to CD". The CD Writing Wizard box will open and ask you to name the CD. Do so and click "Next" at the bottom. On the next screen at the the top it will say "Do you want to make a HighMAT-compatible CD?", check the box to do so and check the box that says "Convert files if necessary". Click "Next" at the bottom. CD burning will start. After it is done put it in your DVD player and see if you can play the pictures.

If you have Windows XP and don't see the HighMAT option you can download it here, http://www.highmat.com/download/ .

Ok.. I'm doing it now!!
I downloaded HighMAT earlier this morning, so I'll let you know if I can see them. :)

ok... I can see my pictures that I just put on my CD on my DVD player....

My hubby used NERO when we reutrned from Disney...we watch pics almost daily, we even put it to music....Wishes and Fantasmic

LOL, we've had the same issue, finally just figured out how ours works. :teeth:

TIP: If you're in a hurry or don't want to deal with the aggravation, for $20 you can make a nice DVD easily on www.shutterfly.com . It was pretty simple to do and comes with a custom DVD case and music. I did one as a Christmas present and am really glad I did. :flower:

Good Ol Gal said:
now how do I add music, etc??
I don't think you can. I have never tried it but I don't see anywhere to enter an audio track that will play over the pictures. I imagine it would play when you got to that file on the CD but once you moved to next file it would stop. For that I would imagine you need a DVD burner and a slideshow program.

ok.. I'm getting Ulead programs to try it with. Crossing my fingers that it will work!

That program is soooo easy to use.

Basically all you need to do are as follows:

1. Start a new project
2. Choose a song
3. Choose pictures
4. Choose what types of fades and/or frames you want to add
5. Save project
6. Burn the saved project as DVD or VCD as per your wish.

Kelly Grannell said:
That program is soooo easy to use.

Basically all you need to do are as follows:

1. Start a new project
2. Choose a song
3. Choose pictures
4. Choose what types of fades and/or frames you want to add
5. Save project
6. Burn the saved project as DVD or VCD as per your wish.

:confused3 which one?

Good Ol Gal said:
ok.. I'm getting Ulead programs to try it with. Crossing my fingers that it will work!

You should be able to do it using Photostory 3. I used that all the time before I switched to Roxio Easy CD creator.

Just make sure after you create your show with music you create a VCD and burn it to a CD-RW. It won't work with CD-R's.

Miller1412 said:
Just make sure after you create your show with music you create a VCD and burn it to a CD-RW. It won't work with CD-R's.

Your DVD player must be a tad old. Newer DVD players can play at least CD-R.

Kelly Grannell said:
Your DVD player must be a tad old. Newer DVD players can play at least CD-R.

That could be...though "old" these days is a relative term (4 yrs.)
I could only get CD-RW's to be recognized through the DVD player, never CD-R's.

yup, that's 'old' in format term. Heck, the DVD technology is 'only' 8 years 'young' but usually a new replacement format is being introduced every 10 years.

Yeah, it used to be VHS, then LaserDisc, then DVD... Guess what? We'll need to re-buy our DVD collection again on BluRay sometime in 2006.

Miller1412 said:
You should be able to do it using Photostory 3. I used that all the time before I switched to Roxio Easy CD creator.

I couldn't figure out how to save is as a VCD :confused3

Since you've done it before can you help :teeth:

When you are done making your slide show, choose "Save your story for playback on computer". Click on "next button". The program will begin rendering your video. You then will have to go to whatever program you use to burn CD's. I use Roxio DVD creator (vCD edition). I import the photostory movie and burn it from there. I hope that helps. I'm probably not the best person to explain in the right way.

Miller1412 said:
When you are done making your slide show, choose "Save your story for playback on computer". Click on "next button". The program will begin rendering your video. You then will have to go to whatever program you use to burn CD's. I use Roxio DVD creator (vCD edition). I import the photostory movie and burn it from there. I hope that helps. I'm probably not the best person to explain in the right way.
well then I guess my problem is there.. I use Nero but it won't even recognize the story that I saved. It is saved as a .wmp I think and it won't even show up as an option to burn. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter