I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then there’s some of us on this thread in love with Disney on-site split stays because I don’t want to be riding buses OR driving at all on most park days HAHA! I don’t want the word “commute” anywhere near my Disney trip LOL!

Yes, I find it easier to pack my stuff than to ride a bus a few times :rotfl2:
Its so funny because its true! The worst "commute" is to and from AK and I have called a Minnie Van back to the resort from AK the past few trips.

As a planner, the move day really isn't too bad. I never really unpack into the closet or drawers anywhere. Clothes can be easily divided between suitcases. Everyday things like toiletries just get thrown into the bag they came from and we're on our way. I've never let Bell Services transfer my bags because I am a control freak (they claims at least 3 hours) and I want access to my stuff if my room is ready (which sometimes it has been). I just make the swap day an easy relaxing day and its been working out pretty great. I did a 2/1 split last October between BC and CR just because I wanted to walk to and from MK for MNSSHP. Some would think I was crazy, but I was so happy I did this and then it allowed me to run into MK on my departure day and use some FP+.

Its so funny because its true! The worst "commute" is to and from AK and I have called a Minnie Van back to the resort from AK the past few trips.

As a planner, the move day really isn't too bad. I never really unpack into the closet or drawers anywhere. Clothes can be easily divided between suitcases. Everyday things like toiletries just get thrown into the bag they came from and we're on our way. I've never let Bell Services transfer my bags because I am a control freak (they claims at least 3 hours) and I want access to my stuff if my room is ready (which sometimes it has been). I just make the swap day an easy relaxing day and its been working out pretty great. I did a 2/1 split last October between BC and CR just because I wanted to walk to and from MK for MNSSHP. Some would think I was crazy, but I was so happy I did this and then it allowed me to run into MK on my departure day and use some FP+.
On our swap day we rope drop MK. Take the bags to bell services - usually watch FOF then head to our MK area resort and bags are there and ready to be brought up to the room.

I’m one of those people too, but DH not so much. It may be, though, because I’m usually getting ready for the day while he’s packing all of our boys’ and his stuff and making arrangements with Bell services to move our luggage. Of course, we’re even as far as I’m concerned, since I pack EVERYTHING before we leave.
:laundy:
Packing cubes. 1 color for each member of family. When you switch hotels, dirty stuff goes in one suitcase or duffel, packing cubes in another. Done.

You can tell from my signature that I'm not opposed to split stays, lol. Like others, I would prefer not to take a bus if I can possibly avoid it. Also, many of my stays are DVC, and pieced together after 7 months, so I take what I can get. We tend to do shorter trips now (3-5 nights), but still often do splits stays.

My trip in May we started out with GFV as a "splurge/bucket list" thing a couple of days for MK with rented points and then BWV (probably my favorite resort, note that I own at Poly, lol) for Epcot and HS time (especially planning to do May 4th at HS). The we realized we could fly in the evening before and be able to have an extra half day in the parks, and there was a studio at BLT available (which only cost me $137 in dues....I used my OKW points and then sold the contract for almost twice what I paid for it in 2011, close the day after I get back from Disney!), so we can walk to MK when we want :)

Walking to parks is huge to me, because I can wear my kids out and then leave them in the hotel room and have solo time (makes up for having teens, sort of...). When we switch GFV to BW we will just drop our bags at Bell Services on our way to the parks. Since we aren't staying days and days anywhere, we don't have a ton of stuff anyway.

We did Uni a couple of years ago as part of our mega split stay: AOA mermaid for 2 nights, HRH because the kids thought it would be awesome...we did 2 park days and fell in love with EP, then a hotel by Busch Gardens so we could hit that too, and then 3 nights at Boardwalk. It was that trip that I learned for sure that I should not take my kids for more than 5 days, anywhere :scared: It was only a few bucks more to get Uni seasonal APs, so we went back for Spring break and I was able to use an AP rate. We did 3 nights with 4 park days, and honestly, we could have been done day 3. Love Uni, just will probably hold it to 3 days max.

Another day, another weird Best Buy trip. No old man this time, but “nice dress” guy was back :sad2: The cashier laughed when he scanned my code and said “is that really called Swagbucks?” I just said it was free money and left it at that lol. Another $100 Disney GC for me.
I had the opposite experience on my last Best Buy trip. The cashier (one of my faves) saw me come in, and she went around the counter and got my Disney GC for me so it was waiting for me. I got there and she said "$100, right?" :D
Obviously I go in there too much.

I had the opposite experience on my last Best Buy trip. The cashier (one of my faves) saw me come in, and she went around the counter and got my Disney GC for me so it was waiting for me. I got there and she said "$100, right?" :D
Obviously I go in there too much.

I wish I had this experience! I always have weird guys working in there. I truthfully don’t even know how Best Buy stays open anymore. There’s never anybody in that store.

When I was a teen there was no chunnel and we had to fly the route and it took much longer.

I did a semester abroad in college many, many years ago. The flights were expensive, so we took the train/ferry/train. I have never felt more seasick than I did those two days. Definitely felt very green!

Looking forward to trying the chunnel someday, but I get more and more claustrophic as I get older.

WHY???

I literally just got a new card in the mail with a $5000 spend in 3 months and DH paid a $2000 bill I was counting on to help with spend using his old discover card. He just clicked the wrong button. Seriously? Where am I going to find another $2k bill that I don't have to manufacture? :scared:

Just for fun... Universal 2 day P2P ticket 1 adult
Sam's $274
UCT $281
Uni Website $304

Kennedy Space Center
Sam's $51.50
KSC Website $67 ($57+$3 tax+$6 fee, only one fee per order)

Is this online? I can't find it. I hope it's not gone already, we're going in June!

ETA: Nevermind. I found it.:scared: Sorry!

So I found a number for Citi that actually got me to a real person, of course not the right department, couldn't transfer me so gave me a number, called and waited on hold for someone else to come on and tell me that department was closed...I pulled my credit report so I could dispute the denial letter, thankfully nothing surprising. I just really want to get on the train! On the credit report I can see the hard inquiry so really no risk in trying to get it approved. Send all your good CC vibes this way!

I wish I had this experience! I always have weird guys working in there. I truthfully don’t even know how Best Buy stays open anymore. There’s never anybody in that store.
That's how I feel about Staples and Office Depot. Those stores are always empty and I feel kind of bad coming in, picking up a gift card, and leaving. Weirdly my Best Buy is often pretty busy. Maybe that's why my cashiers are so friendly, lol.

I was just talking about this yesterday with relatives, but we were talking about Family Video. I don't think they have them all over the US, but it's just a chain of video rental stores. I have absolutely no idea how they stay in business.

Chase is on my slights against me list. Tried to purchase four $100 visas at Kroger. Get text from chase fraud. Reply yes it’s authorized. They tell me to run it again. We do. Not approved. Happens two more times with several people behind me. I get out of line and call chase. They assure me they will authorize the transaction. I get back in line and try it again. They decline it.
Ugh this is the Freedom right?? Happens to me too. Anyone know how to prevent this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter