I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@SouthFayetteFan been reading and following along (with a few questions here and there) AND it took me this long to realize you are from PA! Had to log on from my computer and saw your list of football wins! We have 2 awesome teams in my neck of the woods...Southern Columbia tigers (9 time state champs - 3 in the last 4 years). We also have the Mount Carmel Red Tornados who hold the most wins in PA! My son played for the Tornadoes and unfortunately could never advance far in states as they always have to play the Tigers>:(

And thanks to all of you....With all this reading and great advice I'll (and maybe hubby) will be jumping on the train....we could use the miles as Philly is a hub and has some great economy web specials!

You could go with this line:
1d653aa14dd4665685b633db3143509e.jpg

OMG this is such a good idea!

Speaking of RBG... I just saw on the basis of sex this weekend and it was pretty good. I didn’t find it very political either.

My BFF also watched it this weekend and said it was really good! I read Notorious RBG last year and it was great. Really good overview of her life and career.

Chase is on my slights against me list. Tried to purchase four $100 visas at Kroger. Get text from chase fraud. Reply yes it’s authorized. They tell me to run it again. We do. Not approved. Happens two more times with several people behind me. I get out of line and call chase. They assure me they will authorize the transaction. I get back in line and try it again. They decline it.

Thanks!!
Last question on this issue. DS had the Plus already. Opened April 2016. He closed it January 12th this year. He should be able to get the Plus again? He'd rather not have the $149 Priority AF.
He should be ok to get the Plus again with these stats??

Thanks!!

I am so excited!!!!

DH called Chase and asked for his CIP app (from, you know March 1) to be closed on Friday. The rep said it was closed and suggested he apply again. Then he (I) applied again on Saturday and every time I called the application status line over the weekend (a restrained 10 times) it tried to connect me to a rep which I avoid when I'm calling about DH since apparently I don't have an abnormally low voice so can't genderbend like some people. ahem. Sadness, despair. Then I called this am and received the long awaited message...APPROVED! Oh wow, I can just see those 95K URs being transferred...whoo hooo!

ETA-I keep calling to make sure I'm not dreaming, lol.

Woo Hoo! Persistence really pays off!!!

And then there’s some of us on this thread in love with Disney on-site split stays because I don’t want to be riding buses OR driving at all on most park days HAHA! I don’t want the word “commute” anywhere near my Disney trip LOL!

Yes, I find it easier to pack my stuff than to ride a bus a few times :rotfl2:

I’m one of those people too, but DH not so much. It may be, though, because I’m usually getting ready for the day while he’s packing all of our boys’ and his stuff and making arrangements with Bell services to move our luggage. Of course, we’re even as far as I’m concerned, since I pack EVERYTHING before we leave.
:laundy:

He should be ok to get the Plus again with these stats??

Thanks!!

As long as the bonus posted more than 24 months ago he's safe to get either (getting the bonus on any of the personal cards within the last 24 months blocks it on any other personal card). If it was really 2016 then he's been good since last year! :)

As long as the bonus posted more than 24 months ago he's safe to get either (getting the bonus on any of the personal cards within the last 24 months blocks it on any other personal card). If it was really 2016 then he's been good since last year! :)
Lol He’s only 25 with not many bills so he can’t churn too much. He did get a Delta AMEX and SW Biz in there.

And then there’s some of us on this thread in love with Disney on-site split stays because I don’t want to be riding buses OR driving at all on most park days HAHA! I don’t want the word “commute” anywhere near my Disney trip LOL!

Yes, I find it easier to pack my stuff than to ride a bus a few times :rotfl2:

I was going to type the same thing. We took an Uber from RPR to the BC when we switched to our first WDW hotel of that trip, and there's no way I'd want to do that twice a day. But like you I'd rather pack and move than ride the on property busses too much.

That is such good info..Thank you!! I didn't even factor how far the airports are from city center. Think i will book open jaw fly into one city
and out the other and take train between the two.

Saw some people posting on the net how crazy expensive Paris is AND London. This is making me nervous. Did you find this to be the case?

DLP i can only imagine the food costs there (shudder).

You're welcome. That's what we did. Flew into Paris and out of London. I love how convenient the train stations are - it's cut down on the travel time. When I was a teen there was no chunnel and we had to fly the route and it took much longer.

They are both expensive, but it's all relative. We were in Denmark, Norway, and Iceland last summer, and are going back to Norway this fall, and those places really gave me sticker shock. London felt almost affordable to use (it was our last stop on that trip). 2 private all-day tours in GB (one Scotland, one Dover/London) cost much less than half what I paid for a day trip in Iceland. It was crazy there.

Maybe. Depends on your family also and how much they spread out in a room. We had 2 rooms so it might have been a pain, and then added a third room after we had finished the Disney days and added son-in-law and other DD's boyfriend to our group. Universal gives a bigger discount for longer stays and I was happy with my rate over Thanksgiving week. Sometimes when I am solo or it is just DH and I we have moved. We did 3 nights at Universal a few years ago and then switched to a Springhill Suites near Seaworld to do Discovery Cove and Seaworld. Our last stay in February was offsite also and we drove to Disney and Universal instead of moving (Marriott gives a free 5th night if you are booking with points so we stayed put)

Personally I am over on-site Disney stays, never liked their transportation anyway, but do love to stay onsite at Universal, so I have that bias. I have been doing split stays within Universal more (few days at a deluxe then move to Cabana Bay).

We really loved our on site Universal stay. We started our trip at PBH and then transferred to Disney and stayed at the Polynesian. We loved both resorts, but we got a great deal on our Portofino rate and were paying more than twice that for our stay at the Poly. The pool was packed and the whole hotel was packed. It just wasn’t the relaxing experience we had on our first stay. Then, Storm Harper hit and we moved back to Universal and stayed at Sapphire Falls and RPR, because of limited availability at RPR. We had to tack on 3 nights to our trip due to the blizzard and didn’t want to shell out $500 per night at the Poly. We honestly loved all 3 Universal hotels, especially for the price. We liked the convenience of the Poly, but couldn’t help but feel like using a Lyft most of the week was just as easy.

I’m curious about Cabana Bay. We have 3 10 year old boys. When we checked into RPR, they suggested we check out Cabana Bay. Do you like that resort as well as the three that offer Express Pass?

I haven't caught up with all the posts today, just got my denial from citi...not sure what to do as some of the reasons don't seem correct.

"-your commercial credit report shows insufficient credit history for one or more of your accounts.
-your consumer credit report shows that you have low credit limits.
-your commercial credit report shows a new account that was opened too recently.
-your consumer credit report shows too few established/open accounts."

Some of the above is just wrong in rewards to the consumer side, not sure where they are getting the "commercial" things. What would you do? I tried calling both citi numbers on the denial letter and was unable to talk with a real person, is there a recon? I don't think I did anything funny with the app, applied as sole proprietor with social, when I called in I used my social to pull up the app and it brought up the denial, so I must have entered that correctly. So far none of the credit monitoring services have notified me of an additional hard pull although they report checking equifax.

This is asking for another price increase...or I could see them adding Platinum EBCI which guarantees an A boarding position or something lol. I love SW but the way EBCI works is flawed IMO, if I paid for it and got a late B, I would be very upset.
I was B25 on our last flight, with EBCI. When I mentioned it, I was told it is not a guarantee.
Here is the response I got on Twitter
“The product does not guarantee an "A" position, as it only helps with a better boarding position. The system checks you in on the back end, but the Customer must still check in at the 24 hr mark to actually view their boarding position. Unfortunately, we cannot alter a position in the system as we do not have access for that. Only our Customer Service Agents at the airport can help with changing a position, and that would be by the means of purchasing upgraded boarding.”

We really loved our on site Universal stay. We started our trip at PBH and then transferred to Disney and stayed at the Polynesian. We loved both resorts, but we got a great deal on our Portofino rate and were paying more than twice that for our stay at the Poly. The pool was packed and the whole hotel was packed. It just wasn’t the relaxing experience we had on our first stay. Then, Storm Harper hit and we moved back to Universal and stayed at Sapphire Falls and RPR, because of limited availability at RPR. We had to tack on 3 nights to our trip due to the blizzard and didn’t want to shell out $500 per night at the Poly. We honestly loved all 3 Universal hotels, especially for the price. We liked the convenience of the Poly, but couldn’t help but feel like using a Lyft most of the week was just as easy.

I’m curious about Cabana Bay. We have 3 10 year old boys. When we checked into RPR, they suggested we check out Cabana Bay. Do you like that resort as well as the three that offer Express Pass?

I do like Cabana Bay a lot. I like the theme and bright decor. I have only ever stayed there solo though. I have an AP and love Volcano Bay, it is so nice to walk over from CBBR in the morning. CB has 2 nice pools and a smalish lazy river, the Bayliner Diner food court has reasonably priced meals and a wide variety. The bus service to/from CityWalk is efficient. I sometimes walk back to CB from the parks, takes about 20 min, or take the boat to Sapphire Falls and walk over. It is nice to have EP, which is why I sometimes also do a few nights at the deluxe hotels that have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter