I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I had the same ones from one of my flights at the end of March but I just double checked and my flight was minorly different. I honestly think both sets of links would work, but here's the ones I saved from that flight -

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?CELL=6T8J&SPID=FVP9&PROMO=DF01

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?CELL=6T8J&SPID=FVP4&PROMO=DF01

(the only change is to the "CELL" value, last letter on mine is "J" whereas the ones from Feb end in "K")

Thanks!!
Last question on this issue. DS had the Plus already. Opened April 2016. He closed it January 12th this year. He should be able to get the Plus again? He'd rather not have the $149 Priority AF.

Yeah I was worried my MIL would want to sit together since she's a nervous flyer, but when her and FIL flew to FLL a couple months ago, they ended up sitting apart on their Spirit flight. DH hates the cattle call, but I don't mind it at all. I always have earbuds in on a flight so I don't care who's sitting next to me since I'm not going to respond to whatever they say :laughing:
DH often ends up chatting with his neighbor anyways so idk what his problem is :P I always claim the window because I'm not talking to anyone!

In this instance, I was on a cruise ship so checking in right at the 24 hour mark wasn't going to be an option. There was probably a good number of people on this flight in a similar situation so I guess no surprise that so many had purchased EBCI.

I was going to chime in with this :) This is about the only time I've paid for EBCI and I haven't had to do it for a few years as we either weren't taking a same day flight on disembarkation day or we had internet access available at the window. I should have paid for it on our trip to Denver as I didn't anticipate being in the middle of a park with little to no cell service... I was thinking it was a finally a land trip, why would I need EBCI??? Um, someone should have reminded me to check our itinerary that day...

My dh was upset on our recent flight to MCO thinking we wouldn't sit together since we had C somethings. I was like, 'you are going to watch espn and i'm going to watch hgtv...why does it matter who we sit next to for that lol?'. We ended up in an aisle and middle. Nice thing about flying to MCO, at least coming from Denver, it's almost all families so they eat up more of the middles than flying to other destinations. I flew to Houston by myself last Sept and again had C boarding. There were pretty much only middles left b/c it was a ton of business travelers.
This is a good point too - families will sit together instead of leaving all the middles free.

When DH and I are flying together just the two of us, I never pay for seats. I figure, I sit next to him every day for free. Why pay for it on an airplane? :P But, neither of us are nervous fliers, and we work in the same building, so we spend a LOT of time together normally.

In this instance, I was on a cruise ship so checking in right at the 24 hour mark wasn't going to be an option. There was probably a good number of people on this flight in a similar situation so I guess no surprise that so many had purchased EBCI.
Thats a good reason I had not thought of!

We only fly SW once or twice a year and normally add EBCI. We booked a last minute Easter weekend trip and flew Southwest. With our late booking of 1 month out, we decided to try online checkin and hope for the best and then at the airport try for the A1-A15 upgrades. EBCI was $25 I believe each way for MDW-MCO-MDW. At 24 hours out we got B41/B42 on the flight there and B16/B17 on the way back. At the counter before security we were able to purchase the A boarding pass for $40. Both ways we got A6/A7 and were able to snag exit rows.

I think this is going to be my new strategy if flying Southwest on leisure routes when the odds of business travelers buying the Business Select Fares are lower.
Thats what I always thought to myself. I have always heard them make the announcement on the flights I have taken that there were still spots available. Better to guarantee A IMO

I am gambling on my SW seating for our trip at the end of May. It's just dh and I, and the cost has gone up so much, it's not worth it. Now, if we end up separated in middle seats in the back of the plane, I may change my tune LOL. But this is a budge trip, fights, hotel, car etc, all on points, so the cheaper the better.
Even with my family in September, I didn't buy it. My kids are 23 and 26, if we can even sit 2 and 2, it's all good. I think...
When it was much cheaper, I thought it was the best money spent, but not so much now.
I had a slip one time where I did not check-in on time. I was in a Lyft from Disney Springs and the driver was kinda crazy and she had no idea where she was going. She almost took my sister and I to Magic Kingdom when we needed to get to Poly so I was directing her and could not check-in fast enough. We were heading to an 'Ohana ADR so I was checking-in with SW as I walked up the staircase. We ended up with C. It ended up being a full flight and we were fine. We still got to sit next to each other towards the back and could have even made it as a group of 3 with 2 or 3 rows.

I would like to get a CIP, since I just finished my 5K on my Bonvoy. DH got a bonvoy and still needs to put another $4500 on it and has a CIP that he needs another $1,500 to get to MSR. If I get a CIP, my taxes are due for $3K on 5/1 (have 10 days to pay) but if I pay with cc, there is a 2.95% service fee but will be only $90. I see people mentioning plastiq here but don't think $90 is that bad to charge $3K. Am I correct or should I look into plastiq?

I thought I had the same ones from one of my flights at the end of March but I just double checked and my flight was minorly different. I honestly think both sets of links would work, but here's the ones I saved from that flight -

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?CELL=6T8J&SPID=FVP9&PROMO=DF01

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?CELL=6T8J&SPID=FVP4&PROMO=DF01

(the only change is to the "CELL" value, last letter on mine is "J" whereas the ones from Feb end in "K")
Thanks - linked this on the NEWS thread (with appropriate credit to YOU of course) :)

So my friend is not a churner, but I figured this was a very relatable text to what we do here...

She is trying to log in to their Verizon account which is under her husband's login. It asked her for the answer to his security question. She sent me the screenshot of her text to him which just says "How's your day going?" and then a follow up text of "What was your first pet's name?"

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I would like to get a CIP, since I just finished my 5K on my Bonvoy. DH got a bonvoy and still needs to put another $4500 on it and has a CIP that he needs another $1,500 to get to MSR. If I get a CIP, my taxes are due for $3K on 5/1 (have 10 days to pay) but if I pay with cc, there is a 2.95% service fee but will be only $90. I see people mentioning plastiq here but don't think $90 is that bad to charge $3K. Am I correct or should I look into plastiq?
This is really a personal decision. I honestly might just use their official payment service and pay the 2.95% vs dealing with Plastiq and hoping the check arrives in time and such. Plastiq works well (don't get me wrong) but for ~$15 I might just not sweat it and use their portal vs. plastiq.

There was a question on reddit in the discussion thread that i thought was a fun topic...

"Name one personal expense that cannot be explained as a business expense."
disboarders... GO! :P

This is a fun question but I'm having a hard time coming up with something. I guess it would come down to whether they were looking at them being specific to my biz. I have a rental so craft supplies would be a stretch because I'm not providing them with curtains etc but I could see how you could argue it anyway. Dude's the office dog and sits in on "meetings", helps pick paint colors etc, very important haha. But really his vet stuff would be the one thing that might get questioned.

I know many are frustrated with Citi today...I’m the opposite lol...

• My expedited Citi Biz showed up (overnighted) - YAY!
  • This card was approved 3/21 so it was OVER 3 weeks to get the card
  • I activated with no issue
  • I setup a new online account for the card - again no issue (WOW - after reading here I feel special)
  • I then chatted with Citi to just share my frustration of having to wait 3+ weeks for a card and being misled by their phone reps twice. My boy “Rexline” comes back with an offer: 15,000 miles for the trouble!!! “I hope that this will show you how truly we apologize for your issue”. Needless to say - I accepted...quickly!!!
So that’s pretty awesome. I still managed to get the card in time for my state and local tax payments due by Monday. And now this signup is worth 75k bonus + 5k base + 15k courtesy = 95k miles!!!
So uhhh my boy Rexline failed here...

I got my letter today confirming 15 points being added to my account. I chatted again, this time with Nancy, and she told me that the max they could do was 5k and I'd have to call in to get the other 10k (and that a supervisor would be happy to process my request with the notes that Nancy was putting on my account). Then I call in and get disconnected on the first call. Call back - finally get a nice supervisor who reviews everything and confirms that I'll receive the additional 10k. She also mentioned that the reason for the error is that they should've only offered 5k in the first place as for things such as delayed cards this is the max. 15k would be more handled in an offer match but I'm already receiving their higher offer. BUT since I was promised 15k she will handle this for me. And the whole time, I'm thinking...so many eyes on my account and this is my second AA biz card...........

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to using my free upgraded boarding on SW from the Priority card in May for my mother daughter trip. Even though I normally would use family boarding, I would love to be in A and get a front seat. I might like it so much I'd be willing to pay the $40 in the future.

Same thing happened to me last night. I wanted to move my CIP points to P2's CSR and it wouldn't work. I was able to move them to P2's CIP, and then they could get transferred to the CSR. No idea why, but it worked.

So from LAX that's a good price. I go back and forth with the points and what they are worth vs. paying cash. We fly overseas in business seats so I paid 110K MRs RT from SFO>CDG which I though was a good deal considering the tickets can cost over $5K per seat. For coach sometimes we just pay for the seats and then save the points for another trip. Personally I think if you're already in London it makes sense to get to Paris. It's such a long, long flight from the West Coast, and you're practically there already.

One thing to take into consideration when comparing the flights to the Eurostar is that the trains are going from city center to city center. So you save a bunch of time and money compared to getting to the airport, going through security, etc. Neither Heathrow or CDG are really all that close to the cities, whereas the train stations are right there. It was a simple 10min taxi ride for us in both Paris and London, compared to almost an hour (and $$$) to get to the airports. So personally I'd take the train even if it cost a bit more. Just one person's opinion though.

There's so much to see and do in Paris. I've been to DLP but just for one afternoon since there were other things we wanted to do when we were there. It was a short (maybe 20-25min?) train ride from our hotel near the Tuilleries.

That is such good info..Thank you!! I didn't even factor how far the airports are from city center. Think i will book open jaw fly into one city
and out the other and take train between the two.

Saw some people posting on the net how crazy expensive Paris is AND London. This is making me nervous. Did you find this to be the case?

DLP i can only imagine the food costs there (shudder).

I'm looking forward to using my free upgraded boarding on SW from the Priority card in May for my mother daughter trip. Even though I normally would use family boarding, I would love to be in A and get a front seat. I might like it so much I'd be willing to pay the $40 in the future.
You're falling for their plan...:rotfl2:
itsatrap.jpg

My Ebay business is booming again... as I was going back and forth a bit on an item with an interested buyer, make an offer style, for about 15% under list price... someone else swooped in and paid full list price! Now someone else has paid list price for another item which I paid $0 for OOP. Now if only I can get rid of this person who keeps offering me half of what I'm asking for for another item (truly, they offered 50%, I countered with 80%, they declined... then submitted a new offer for 55%, a $2 increase)

I don't really get the whole offer thing. I didn't realize I had it turned on a few months ago and someone made an offer and I was like whaa?? I've been on ebay for 18 years and I always price low and expect a bunch of bids. Someone tried to offer me like $5 for an item listed at $50 and by the time I even noticed the offer it had already been bid up to twice that. Now I turn offers off unless I have some incentive from ebay to use them. Guess I just prefer my auctions to actually be auctions haha.

I don't really get the whole offer thing. I didn't realize I had it turned on a few months ago and someone made an offer and I was like whaa?? I've been on ebay for 18 years and I always price low and expect a bunch of bids. Someone tried to offer me like $5 for an item listed at $50 and by the time I even noticed the offer it had already been bid up to twice that. Now I turn offers off unless I have some incentive from ebay to use them. Guess I just prefer my auctions to actually be auctions haha.
I've ended up listing most things at buy it now so most of the time I'm happy to get rid of something if someone comes and offers something less. This 50% person is unusual from my previous experience, but I don't do a bunch of Ebay selling overall.

This is a fun question but I'm having a hard time coming up with something. I guess it would come down to whether they were looking at them being specific to my biz. I have a rental so craft supplies would be a stretch because I'm not providing them with curtains etc but I could see how you could argue it anyway. Dude's the office dog and sits in on "meetings", helps pick paint colors etc, very important haha. But really his vet stuff would be the one thing that might get questioned.

that one came up on reddit, ppl replied with the company mascot.
others just says to show the bank his citi AA mailers... :P

Speaking of the 50k in-flight links, I meant to ask the collective their experience with getting these type of links to pop up. Since we only fly once or twice a year I'm not as familiar with how these are normally done but I had two different experiences on my flights and don't know if it's a change or expected.

I was on 4 flights -
1. First one had no WiFi so couldn't check :(
2. Second I got a mixed offering where if I clicked on the small ad at the bottom of the page I was sent to the modal path (where it would only work while on the flight) but if I clicked on the rotating banner at the top of the page it gave me the links I posted either, the in-flight links that work anywhere.
The modal path has a much nicer application interface but you can't save the link to use later, it's meant to be applied right then. I was playing with it on the ground so I bookmarked the link, turned off wifi and tried to access it from my cell data and I got the 'this offer expired/unavailable' type error message, but as soon as I joined SW wifi again and clicked the bookmark it worked. For giggles, here's the URL for that path - https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/50kinflightdual?CELL=6T8N
3. Third flight was the modal path but it was flight specific in the URL (which is how I suspect they wanted it to work) and these also don't work off the Southwest wifi. This was the full URL - https://swa.mychasecreditcards.com/a1/southwest/50kdualinflight?CELL=6T8J&orig=MSY&dest=DAL&flt=21&date=20190402&wow=ongnd
You can see in the URL that it's passing flight information back, and even if the user is on the ground or in flight.
4. Fourth flight I think sent me to the modal path no matter what I clicked on but it was generic like flight #2. I didn't try too hard but I did click everything and I don't recall getting the "work anywhere" links to pop up. Doesn't look like I saved anything from that flight.

So have people seen this modal application path before?
Screenshot_20190328-163545.png (see how the offer page is seen behind the multi-step application form versus the other in flight links that have the full application on one page. these are the pages that wouldn't work off the SW Wifi for me)

If people have always seen multiple ways to apply in-flight then this is BAU and I wouldn't be any more concerned about in-flight links than we already are. If not, then we always know nothing lasts forever and on your next flight you may or may not get to save links to use later :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter