I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our school districts here where I live always have the same exact SB week. Always last week of March (week you are at WDW). Doesn't matter when Easter falls. Same for my TX family in Houston districts. Do other areas move their SB around to have it fall around Easter? If so, it would seem on a year like this when there are SB's spanning 5-6 weeks, it might be better than the years when Easter falls in March and you have pretty much the whole country with March SB's. Not sure if that makes any sense at all. Just hoping it's not too bad for your trip!
Our whole region is first week of April. We'll be in Disney then.

Wow, I'm not old and when I was in school Winter Break = Christmas Break. We had 1 day off for Pres day, 1 day MLK... when do kids go to school these days?!
It’s different everywhere. Ours is the same as you had. There are a few institute days theta give a 3 or 4 day weekend but there’s no fall break or winter break besides Christmas and Thanksgiving. Spring Break always in March.

I don't know the answer but maybe someone else here can help.....
Quick question. I booked a cruise to get the minimum spend on my CIP (in October). I need to cancel the cruise (going to try Madrid / Sevilla on points instead to save some cash) -- how will this affect my 80,000 URs? Will Chase take them back or am I okay?

Please help!

Looking for DPs concerning posting of the bonus on AMEX Hilton Honors. Met the minimum spend (including making sure I went over the MSR minus the glitch on January 31st spend!) and my closing date was yesterday. Any DPs on when I can expect the 100,000 bonus points to post?
Ours posted two days after meeting the MSR.

Same here. DD is 15 and is an AU on my Disney card. I don't use it at all, so it's easy to know that anything spent on it is from her. I just transfer the money from her bank account to pay for it. And it's nice when she is out, if I want her to pick up something for me, or something for her that I planned on paying for, I can tell her just to charge it.

My DD's first credit card was an AU AMEX Platinum (mine wasn't anything that fancy). AMEX makes it really easy to separate spending between different cards on the same account. The 2nd was an AU Disney Visa, because not everyone takes AMEX and it was the cutest one we had. :laughing:

:offtopic:

Since Ebags is at 20 miles/$1 on MileagePlus Shopping, I decided to peruse (my favorite travel brand) Tumi’s offerings and noticed they rolled out a new Alpha 3 line of suitcases. Some immediately apparent changes are new impact resistant side panels and a built-in USB charger. I also notice the prices across the Tumi items went back up (they’re frequently enough marked down at least 20%), and are (as usual) excluded from Ebates’ sitewide sale.

I’m actually in the market for another carry-on for DD now that’s she’s getting bigger and can (and wants to) carry (or at least roll) her own stuff. I love Tumi’s craftsmanship and this particular line of luggage. But at $750 retail for an international carry-on, it’s hard to justify. With Tumi’s sales, Ebags rewards, Amex Offers, and shopping portal rebates, I’ve been able to bring my out-of-pocket cost on a Tumi carry-on down to the $300-range. But the inclusion of a built-in USB port in their new line seems to me a bit of a late attempt at keeping up with smart luggage brands like Away (which it seems every millennial in SF is using). Even with all my discount stacking prowess, the Tumi is still much more expensive than the Away carry-on (which I can discount further with one of their mailer coupons). And the Aways come in PINK and kids sizes for DD!

We have Briggs here, but I was eyeing a Tumi hardside carry on recently. It looks really nice. I know a few "kids" who have the Away luggage and they seem to really love it. I think it's trendy with a certain age group.

Let's try to do something about this...

I know a lot of us have twitter - let's start tweeting Chase and Disney and try to see if we can drum up some attention (this probably won't work at all..but why not try...)

https://twitter.com/SouthFayetteFan/status/1097589793675010048

I just tweeted the following (in 2 tweets)
@Chase @ChaseSupport @DisneyParks @WaltDisneyWorld @Expedia #UltimateRewards #NotUltimateRewards #ChaseHatesDisney Why no Disney resorts on your Chase Travel Portal? I thought these were "ULTIMATE" rewards... #UltimateRewards #NotUltimateRewards #ChaseHatesDisney 1 of 2

To me Disney World is my Ultimate Travel goal - I wish I was told you were going to remove all 25 of the Walt Disney World resort hotels before I earned all of these points. #FreeDisneyResorts #ChaseHatesDisney #FixUltimateRewardsPlease I just want to take my girls to Disney!
If you'd be so kind - let's re-tweet this, do your own new tweets, use some of the hashtags, create your own. Like I said it probably won't do anything, but let's at least make sure Chase and Disney know that something is missing here!

2tzzwr.jpg

I rarely, if ever, tweet, but for our dictator I did it. Went in, learned how to retweet. Let's hope it helps start a revolution.

I’m feel the same. We will be there 3/23-3/30. I keep thinking Christmas is the same for everyone, Spring Break stretches over 5-6 weeks for various schools. Can’t be so bad. But this...
So glad I managed to snag FOP FP on 2 different days and dessert party for Fantasmic. Hoping to grab FP for IllumiNations after using a TT one.

As a veteran of many a WDW Spring Break campaign, I'll say that F&G is lovely, the weather is usually ideal, the parks are open late, and if you have a good plan you can have a great time, despite the crowds. Yes, it will be crowded, but it can still be lots of fun.

Yes our district is a
Ways the last week of March (we’ll at least since DS has been in school) but lots of schools around here have different SB. Many private schools around here, especially the Catholic ones, have SB either the week before or after Easter.

Pretty much all the public schools here get "ski week" which means this week is off. DD's k-8 didn't take it, but her HS did, and it was great. Spring Break at her k-8 was the week before or after Easter, which was the busiest time at WDW. Her HS was mid-late March which was better. Her college spring break is early March, which is far less crowded. I think the farther you get from Easter the better the crowd levels are, not that you get to pick and choose really.

PNC funding question...last week I opened a personal saving account and funded it with $2k. After a couple days the charge showed up on the Chase website and the balance on my PNC account online reflected the CC funding. Then a few days later (Thursday, I think) I opened a checking account and funded it with $2k on a CC. The charge posted this morning on my CC balance but my savings account balance online still reads $0.00, and there are no pending deposits showing. Is this lag normal? I know I'm not supposed to call the bank so I'm sitting on my hands until this all gets resolved.

PNC funding question...last week I opened a personal saving account and funded it with $2k. After a couple days the charge showed up on the Chase website and the balance on my PNC account online reflected the CC funding. Then a few days later (Thursday, I think) I opened a checking account and funded it with $2k on a CC. The charge posted this morning on my CC balance but my savings account balance online still reads $0.00, and there are no pending deposits showing. Is this lag normal? I know I'm not supposed to call the bank so I'm sitting on my hands until this all gets resolved.
I think I read that PNC holds the account for five days before it makes funds available.

Yes, today a federal holiday so the bank is probably not processing transactions. I have a similar with my credit union. I can see the money have been withdrawn from my Wells Fargo account but it is MIA from my credit union. I am hoping it shows up tomorrow.

OK - next round: Let's reply to the @ChaseSupport comments:

https://twitter.com/ChaseSupport/status/1097646909966217216
Hello, a business decision was made for this change. We'll document your concerns to improve our future offerings on Ultimate Rewards. ^AN

https://twitter.com/ChaseSupport/status/1097606203532824578
Our apologies, point redemptions towards Disney within the Ultimate Rewards Travel site are not an option. While we don't have more information, you are welcome to check back periodically to see what options are available. We have shared your feedback regarding this as well. ^EL

I think the best thing would be to REPLY to these tweets voicing concern over this change. Since they are "documenting concerns" and "sharing feedback" probably best if they get that feedback from 100+ people!!

EDIT: It's very interesting to see how they chose to respond. There's been a ton of tweets (maybe 100+ with the retweets) and they picked those 2 to reply to. Just a strange observation!

Last edited:
OK - next round: Let's reply to the @ChaseSupport comments:

https://twitter.com/ChaseSupport/status/1097646909966217216
Hello, a business decision was made for this change. We'll document your concerns to improve our future offerings on Ultimate Rewards. ^AN

https://twitter.com/ChaseSupport/status/1097606203532824578
Our apologies, point redemptions towards Disney within the Ultimate Rewards Travel site are not an option. While we don't have more information, you are welcome to check back periodically to see what options are available. We have shared your feedback regarding this as well. ^EL

I think the best thing would be to REPLY to these tweets voicing concern over this change. Since they are "documenting concerns" and "sharing feedback" probably best if they get that feedback from 100+ people!!

EDIT: It's very interesting to see how they chose to respond. There's been a ton of tweets (maybe 100+ with the retweets) and they picked those 2 to reply to. Just a strange observation!

They obviously picked me because I have a whopping 8 followers. lol

Wow, I'm not old and when I was in school Winter Break = Christmas Break. We had 1 day off for Pres day, 1 day MLK... when do kids go to school these days?!

Here we have christmas break, one week at thanksgiving, one week in Feb and one week in April. It's been that way since I was in school also. They don't need a week off every 2 months. So kids don't get out until the end of June. And no AC in most of the schools...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter