I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK - next round: Let's reply to the @ChaseSupport comments:

https://twitter.com/ChaseSupport/status/1097646909966217216
Hello, a business decision was made for this change. We'll document your concerns to improve our future offerings on Ultimate Rewards. ^AN

https://twitter.com/ChaseSupport/status/1097606203532824578
Our apologies, point redemptions towards Disney within the Ultimate Rewards Travel site are not an option. While we don't have more information, you are welcome to check back periodically to see what options are available. We have shared your feedback regarding this as well. ^EL

I think the best thing would be to REPLY to these tweets voicing concern over this change. Since they are "documenting concerns" and "sharing feedback" probably best if they get that feedback from 100+ people!!

EDIT: It's very interesting to see how they chose to respond. There's been a ton of tweets (maybe 100+ with the retweets) and they picked those 2 to reply to. Just a strange observation!
If you don't know how to reply, you just hit the button the left that looks like a Speech Bubble. Then you can type your own thoughts in there about how this has affected you and your family. The more sad and over the top...the better!

It's possible this isn't a chase thing but an expedia (just said that in Ted Mosby's voice, anyway) thing. It all comes down to money but whose money.

The change didn't come until chase switched to expedia for their travel portal. While we have an idea of what a UR is worth with any of the cards you can use to redeem through the portal, it still has to be beneficial to both chase and expedia. It could be the case that there's a different rate or more likely that more UR's are needed for some of the properties. It takes more MR's to book disney, though they are necessarily valued the same but one could make the argument and I'm not getting into that because it's not pertinent imo. Unfortunately, the time to have done all of this would have been right before the switch, was hotel x in city 7 the same amount of UR's with the old portal for the same dates as it now is with expedia.

Or it could be that expedia doesn't want them available for UR's for some reason. The reason I say this is because Amex still uses the same portal that chase used to use (Correct? Or did I totally miss something).

I'm more annoyed that they switched to expedia which will keep me from ever booking through their portal (trust issues with them) than I am about them not allowing on side disney hotels. There's so many other places I could go or do and just pay for disney because I'm still getting to vacation more and better than if I wasn't doing this.

It's possible this isn't a chase thing but an expedia (just said that in Ted Mosby's voice, anyway) thing. It all comes down to money but whose money.

The change didn't come until chase switched to expedia for their travel portal. While we have an idea of what a UR is worth with any of the cards you can use to redeem through the portal, it still has to be beneficial to both chase and expedia. It could be the case that there's a different rate or more likely that more UR's are needed for some of the properties. It takes more MR's to book disney, though they are necessarily valued the same but one could make the argument and I'm not getting into that because it's not pertinent imo. Unfortunately, the time to have done all of this would have been right before the switch, was hotel x in city 7 the same amount of UR's with the old portal for the same dates as it now is with expedia.

Or it could be that expedia doesn't want them available for UR's for some reason. The reason I say this is because Amex still uses the same portal that chase used to use (Correct? Or did I totally miss something).

I'm more annoyed that they switched to expedia which will keep me from ever booking through their portal (trust issues with them) than I am about them not allowing on side disney hotels. There's so many other places I could go or do and just pay for disney because I'm still getting to vacation more and better than if I wasn't doing this.
Yeah - it's either Chase OR Expedia's fault and ultimately it may be Disney's fault (for not giving them the deal/value they want)... I don't expect a successful resolution at this point given those twitter responses, but you never know :) The fact that Expedia is ok with selling Disney hotels on their site but not using URs to me indicates that maybe Chase is the one being cheap here...(Which of course may point back to Disney being cheap...)

I’ll follow you! What’s your handle?

I honestly don't remember. I'll have to check. :rotfl: I wasn't joking when I said I almost never use Twitter. (Kind of ironic since I did some contracting work in social media marketing for a local company). I'll find out and let you know.

I'm going to the World 3/30-4/1 with a friend. I completely convinced myself Spring Break crowds are going to be NBD because Easter is late this year, so the crowds will be psuedo-holiday crowds... Me upon seeing these barely-a-real-Holiday President's Day Weekend waitimes... https://giphy.com/gifs/no-sudden-realization-XSvEiht5eLeSI
I think President’s week has historically been one of the busiest weeks of the year, right behind Easter and Christmas. I would have never guessed it but I remember reading the Birnbaum book 20+ years ago for planning (long before the internet) and he had it ranked as 3rd busiest week!

Yeah - it's either Chase OR Expedia's fault and ultimately it may be Disney's fault (for not giving them the deal/value they want)... I don't expect a successful resolution at this point given those twitter responses, but you never know :) The fact that Expedia is ok with selling Disney hotels on their site but not using URs to me indicates that maybe Chase is the one being cheap here...(Which of course may point back to Disney being cheap...)

The only way I see it being disney, and it would still fall on expedia at that point, is if expedia is only allotted x amount of rooms and they can't sell more. If they are in essence getting a group block so to speak, then it's in expedia's best interest to not have them offered for UR's. While disney doesn't care as long as the rooms are full, they also have other's that they need to keep happy and they may not know or care that chase has switched to expedia.

And I do think this is what expedia and priceline get and it's why people can find on site rooms there when they can't direct with disney. It's no different than one of the magical ta rates in that regard except that they probably aren't true group rate bookings.

The tweet's won't do anything but make you happy or aggravate you. Nothing will change unless expedia improves (not likely as that would require a change in their business model) or chase goes back to their previous travel portal or one similar (also not likely to happen any time soon as I'm sure there's a contract in place).

The only way I see it being disney, and it would still fall on expedia at that point, is if expedia is only allotted x amount of rooms and they can't sell more. If they are in essence getting a group block so to speak, then it's in expedia's best interest to not have them offered for UR's. While disney doesn't care as long as the rooms are full, they also have other's that they need to keep happy and they may not know or care that chase has switched to expedia.

And I do think this is what expedia and priceline get and it's why people can find on site rooms there when they can't direct with disney. It's no different than one of the magical ta rates in that regard except that they probably aren't true group rate bookings.

The tweet's won't do anything but make you happy or aggravate you. Nothing will change unless expedia improves (not likely as that would require a change in their business model) or chase goes back to their previous travel portal or one similar (also not likely to happen any time soon as I'm sure there's a contract in place).
What I mean is whatever reason it occurred was absolutely Disney's fault - they set the reimbursement rate or whatever has caused the change. Of course they didn't make the decision but they are ultimately at fault (technically) but not who I'd blame for it.

You're welcome to your opinion but I would hardly say the tweets won't do anything. You can't say that for a fact...You never know - it was worth a shot in my opinion. I wouldn't want to sit here and say the efforts of dozens of people (maybe soon to be over a hundred) this afternoon was a waste. It didn't cost any money to try (only time...which was no big deal to me) and what if it actually caught on with something major and caused change. I truly appreciate everybody who jumped in on this - and to anybody who doesn't want to it's fine but I wouldn't discourage others from sending a tweet to voice displeasure in a change that had a great affect on all of us :)

What I mean is whatever reason it occurred was absolutely Disney's fault - they set the reimbursement rate or whatever has caused the change. Of course they didn't make the decision but they are ultimately at fault (technically) but not who I'd blame for it.

You're welcome to your opinion but I would hardly say the tweets won't do anything. You can't say that for a fact...You never know - it was worth a shot in my opinion. I wouldn't want to sit here and say the efforts of dozens of people (maybe soon to be over a hundred) this afternoon was a waste. It didn't cost any money to try (only time...which was no big deal to me) and what if it actually caught on with something major and caused change. I truly appreciate everybody who jumped in on this - and to anybody who doesn't want to it's fine but I wouldn't discourage others from sending a tweet to voice displeasure in a change that had a great affect on all of us :)

I'm not discouraging anyone and I think you missed my point. I said nothing about reimbursement rates but of a limit to the number of rooms expedia has access to. If they don't have full access to all available disney inventory like if you go on MDE then expedia is limiting access to just their front facing paying customers. That has nothing to do with what disney charges them or pays them as ta's. If they only have 100 then why let chase suck them all up with UR redeemers when you have front facing customers that want to purchase through you that won't understand why a credit card program bought them all up. It's no different than an airline only allowing x number of award seats, they aren't going to give them all away when they can sell most of them. Even upgrades are disappearing because they make more up selling to comfort, biz or first, loyalty and status be damned.

I'm not discouraging anyone and I think you missed my point. I said nothing about reimbursement rates but of a limit to the number of rooms expedia has access to. If they don't have full access to all available disney inventory like if you go on MDE then expedia is limiting access to just their front facing paying customers. That has nothing to do with what disney charges them or pays them as ta's. If they only have 100 then why let chase suck them all up with UR redeemers when you have front facing customers that want to purchase through you that won't understand why a credit card program bought them all up. It's no different than an airline only allowing x number of award seats, they aren't going to give them all away when they can sell most of them. Even upgrades are disappearing because they make more up selling to comfort, biz or first, loyalty and status be damned.
Fair enough. I would still say that nothing bad can come from a twitter campaign.

I just got rejected for a Barclay's CC that came with 70K bonus points. The letter said I had too many new credit cards. I did get 2 chase Disney credit cards recently (one gave me $200 and one gave me $200 plus $50 gift cards,(daughter was co-signer with her own separate card). I have good credit (one of my credit cards says my credit score is 827 and one says 730???). I closed one of the Disney credit cards and another older credit card that I don't use. Is it possible to find out see my full credit report? Maybe I have some credit cards open that I don't even know about? Can I apply for the Barclay's credit card again? If so, how long should I wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter