I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been so sad to share something like this... I now have 827,850 Southwest Points...

Why am I sharing... well I finally got the 2nd tier of the 75k bonus from my card back in February... so my SW point earning journey for this year is complete.

Why am I sad... because I wish I had a LOT less points right now because that would mean I'd have taken a couple of trips and have a couple more booked. I'm booking tomorrow morning for our annual January trip (check my signature to see how long that tradition has been going on)... but I don't have high hopes that it will happen.

So... yaaaay for having way too many SW points...
Wow, and here I’ve been bummed about my 185k SW points (3 cancelled Orlando trips plus 2 cancelled Vegas trips 😢😢). I feel your pain!! Hope you get to burn through those SOON!!

Does anyone know how credit card payments made to David's DVC Rental code?

Also, I was chatting with them and since they're based in Canada they mentioned a "cross border transaction fee" that may apply based on the card being used. Anyone ever experience that?

ETA: Looking at using a CSP and was wondering if knows if the trip cancellation insurance would cover DVC rental cancellation due to hurricane?

UPDATE: This showed up as "DVCRENTALS.COM" and did code as travel using a CSP. No "cross border transaction fee" was applied, but I don't know if that was because I used a no-fee card or if it was just the nature of the transaction.

Where did you all stay? I haven't done enough research to really know where we want to stay.
I'm late to the answering game.... when we visited Yellowstone, we did a series of their in park cabin choices... kind of a 2-3 at each around the big driving loop so we could get an overall feel.... we drove in thru the Tetons,stayed at a tent cabin in the park...it was roughinig it, but glorious scenery- around the loop we stayed at Old Faithful cabin(no bathroom insdie) (My favorite place! love it so much) Mammoth Hotel (1 night, it was HOT and this place has no a/c) and the canyon cabins...which were rustic, but pleasant and roomy. I liked that each spot had it's own little village with a general store,so we could get food and supplies.... this way we got to do trails and sight near each nights stop. I wish I could be there right now...I want to go back and stay at Old Faithful cabin! The nice thing about the cabins is you're still near the hotel options,with all the restaurants etc if you wish. We enjoyed the Old Faithful area for just relaxing...

I've never been so sad to share something like this... I now have 827,850 Southwest Points...

Why am I sharing... well I finally got the 2nd tier of the 75k bonus from my card back in February... so my SW point earning journey for this year is complete.

Why am I sad... because I wish I had a LOT less points right now because that would mean I'd have taken a couple of trips and have a couple more booked. I'm booking tomorrow morning for our annual January trip (check my signature to see how long that tradition has been going on)... but I don't have high hopes that it will happen.

So... yaaaay for having way too many SW points...
You sound like me...I've come to a level of acceptance now tho...:sad: this is my year of 'no travel'.... and while my points balances are ridiculous...I'm thoroughly enjoying the PYB feature with chase..... I'm buying up a storm of things b/c I have way too many points! (instead of memories from cool trips this year) I'm almost wondering if I could use some SWA points for other redemptions at this point..... maybe not,maybe I'll hang onto them.... I have trips I want to take!

Is it stupid to even consider booking a cruise in spring 2021? I saw an itinerary I liked. We could cover about half the cost with Chase points. DH thinks, given the Covid situation, he does not wan to book anything right now.

Last edited:
FYI - Southwest extended their schedule this morning for flights through April 11th, 2021.

Here is my usual Historical Southwest Release Dates (for planning purposes) comment:

• NEXT RELEASE: 11/12/20 - travel through June 5th, 2021
  • 8/13/20 - travel through April 11th, 2021
  • 5/28/20 - travel through January 4th, 2021
  • 3/12/20 - travel through October 30th, 2020
  • 12/11/19 - travel through August 10th, 2020
  • 10/30/19 - travel through June 6th, 2020
  • 9/26/19 - travel through April 13th, 2020
  • 8/15/19 - travel through March 6th, 2020
  • 5/30/19 - travel through January 5th, 2020
  • 3/15/19 - travel through November 2nd, 2019
  • 1/31/19 - travel through October 1st, 2019
  • 11/15/18 - travel through August 5th, 2019
  • 9/27/18 - travel through June 8th, 2019
  • 8/30/18 - travel through April 7th, 2019
  • 6/28/18 - travel through March 6th, 2019
  • 5/31/18 - travel through January 6th, 2019
  • 3/8/18 - travel through November 3rd, 2018
  • 2/15/18 - travel through October 1st, 2018
  • 11/2/17 - travel through August 6th, 2018
  • 8/28/17 - travel through June 1st, 2018
  • 7/27/17 - travel through April 6th, 2018
  • 6/22/17 - travel through March 7th, 2018
  • 5/18/17 - travel through January 7th, 2018
*Subject to Change - check back frequently here: https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/

This chart could be useful to approximate when your travel time may become available for upcoming releases, however they don't always follow the exact same pattern (as you can see above) They appear to be tightening the inventory a bit this year vs. prior year's releases.

RELEASE TIMES (all times Eastern):
  • the release on 8/13/20 went live at 9:15am.
  • the release on 5/28/20 went live at 9:06am.
  • the release on 3/12/20 went live at 9:40am.
  • The release on 12/11/19 went live at 9:10am.
  • The release on 10/30/19 went live at 7:15am.
  • The release on 9/26/19 went live at 7:30am.
  • The release on 8/15/19 went live at 10:41am.
  • The release on 5/30/19 went live at 9:20am.
If you want to search back for this post in the future - just search my name and "release". But be advised that I will not go back and update this post if they alter the next release date in the future.

Just paid DNiece's tuition. They wanted 2.75%. I just wrote a check. That's a huge fee IMO.
Yeah, I paid all my kids' tuition payments by EFT. But I can see the college's position on this, they have to pay fees on CC transactions, that cost should not be shouldered by the other parents IMO. Similar to when I donate to charity by CC, many of them will ask me to cover the fees.

Both my sons’ colleges charge a fee on cc payments. I can’t remember if it’s 2.75% or 2.95%, but either way, I’m using EFT also this year. In the past I’ve used Plastiq when it made sense with their promos.

FYI - Southwest extended their schedule this morning for flights through April 11th, 2021.

Here is my usual Historical Southwest Release Dates (for planning purposes) comment:

• NEXT RELEASE: 11/12/20 - travel through June 5th, 2021
  • 8/13/20 - travel through April 11th, 2021
  • 5/28/20 - travel through January 4th, 2021
  • 3/12/20 - travel through October 30th, 2020
  • 12/11/19 - travel through August 10th, 2020
  • 10/30/19 - travel through June 6th, 2020
  • 9/26/19 - travel through April 13th, 2020
  • 8/15/19 - travel through March 6th, 2020
  • 5/30/19 - travel through January 5th, 2020
  • 3/15/19 - travel through November 2nd, 2019
  • 1/31/19 - travel through October 1st, 2019
  • 11/15/18 - travel through August 5th, 2019
  • 9/27/18 - travel through June 8th, 2019
  • 8/30/18 - travel through April 7th, 2019
  • 6/28/18 - travel through March 6th, 2019
  • 5/31/18 - travel through January 6th, 2019
  • 3/8/18 - travel through November 3rd, 2018
  • 2/15/18 - travel through October 1st, 2018
  • 11/2/17 - travel through August 6th, 2018
  • 8/28/17 - travel through June 1st, 2018
  • 7/27/17 - travel through April 6th, 2018
  • 6/22/17 - travel through March 7th, 2018
  • 5/18/17 - travel through January 7th, 2018
*Subject to Change - check back frequently here: https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/

This chart could be useful to approximate when your travel time may become available for upcoming releases, however they don't always follow the exact same pattern (as you can see above) They appear to be tightening the inventory a bit this year vs. prior year's releases.

RELEASE TIMES (all times Eastern):
  • the release on 8/13/20 went live at 9:15am.
  • the release on 5/28/20 went live at 9:06am.
  • the release on 3/12/20 went live at 9:40am.
  • The release on 12/11/19 went live at 9:10am.
  • The release on 10/30/19 went live at 7:15am.
  • The release on 9/26/19 went live at 7:30am.
  • The release on 8/15/19 went live at 10:41am.
  • The release on 5/30/19 went live at 9:20am.
If you want to search back for this post in the future - just search my name and "release". But be advised that I will not go back and update this post if they alter the next release date in the future.
My flights are booked. 😁 I sure hope this trip happens!

Is it stupid to even consider booking a cruise in spring 2021? I saw an itinerary I liked. We could cover about half the cost with Case points. DH thinks, given the Covid situation, he does not wan to book anything right now.
I personally wouldn't book a cruise until the virus is eradicated. If you really want to book, I'd check the reviews (Facebook, BBB, Trip Advisor, etc.) for the cruise line you are looking at (for how they have handled cancellations / refunds during this time).

Dd and I had a cruise booked with Quark Expeditions in June and they were absolutely awful to deal with (I really had to fight to get my money back -- ended up filing a dispute with AmEx and it took 2 rounds of disputes before they sided with me -- Quark wrote a letter to AmEx filled with lies and misinformation after dispute number 1; dispute number 2 I re-filed with Quark's terms and conditions and highlighted the proper section pertaining to refunds). I need to emphasize that their T&Cs stated that if they cancelled the cruise (which they did) they would refund my money in full -- they were trying to mislead AmEx by pointing them to a different clause that pertained to excursions during the cruise. Overall a very dishonest company and a terrible experience. I connected with several people through FB that they did the exact same thing to; I was lucky that I paid for the cruise with my AmEx -- some that booked with other cards weren't successful with their disputes.

Last edited:
INCREASED OFFER ON AMERICAN EXPRESS GOLD CARD:
There is a 60,000 MR for $4k MSR (6 months to spend) offer now available through Amex Support links. You can find this offer here on DISchurners.

This is an intriguing card. While it carries a $250 annual fee, it has some credits to help offset that AND it earns 4X MRs at Grocery Stores and Restaurants making it a very popular card. 6 months to meet the MSR is also attractive for some. If you met the entire MSR in the bonus categories this works out to 76,000 MRs for $4k spend.

For those with links, please update your descriptions on DISchurners accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter