I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Neither of us do. So going in I was unsure if we would get approved. But instant approval on all 3. When I do a Business Card - I do the ebay business. For DH he shrinkwraps boats on the side in the fall, so I use that. Just as a Sole Proprietor with SSN.

Thanks, that sounds promising! What was your spacing between the 2 apps for DH?

Thanks for the update. I ordered an Xbox headset but it’s not available until the end of September. Wondering if that’s a problem. It’s still pending on my card

The offer is until the end of the year or November if I remember correctly...you should be fine. I am just impatient. At this point I am going to have enough gift cards to just buy the new Xbox directly through Microsoft. Still have another $200 for the back half of the year credit....but waiting on hopefully a new Dell bonus point offer when my current one on the wrong card expires on 8/31.

Instant approval on the CFU here. I messaged chase a few days ago and asked them to lower my limits on my other cards before I applied. Excited for the 5% back on groceries and was able to support DH for a little extra bonus.
I apologize if this has been asked, but when was your last Chase app? I’m looking at a MDD for myself and a Freedom DD for DH, but given how many denials have been happening I’m not sure when to time them. Wondering if I need to wait a full 6 months since last Chase app 🤔

I just received an email from Plastiq with a survey that promised a $25 Amazon GC for completing it. So, watch your email. I'm pretty sure they sent me another email survey request recently, but without any promise of a GC. Maybe they didn't get enough responses to that email.
I received the same e-mail. The survey only took 2-3 minutes; at the end it said I will have my $25.00 Amazon GC by August 20th.

Looking for a new rewards card for college tuition. Any good bonus cards now? I have done some searching but nothing impressive.

Depends on how much your spend is, but DH went for the Amex Biz Platinum card with the 10K MSR for 100K MRs through Plastiq when we had a tuition bill to pay. They give 1.5x points for spend over 5K, so that one transaction gave us 115k MRs.

Not much new in my corner of the world. DP-I was able to product change CIP to CIC without any problem, 6K limit. The representative reported my AF would be prorated, I don't remember that being the case with Chase products in the past, I know that is how AMEX handles it, I'll keep an eye on what they end up doing. No plans for credit cards or travel at this time. Optimizing my card usage for ongoing spend. Pursuing some high value bank bonuses. Lots of online shopping, curbside and drive up pickup.

I apologize if this has been asked, but when was your last Chase app? I’m looking at a MDD for myself and a Freedom DD for DH, but given how many denials have been happening I’m not sure when to time them. Wondering if I need to wait a full 6 months since last Chase app 🤔

I got the CSP back in March or April. Prior to that, my last Chase card was a couple of years ago. Good luck!

For those who pay tuition with a cc, does the college allow payment by credit card or do you have to use plastiq? If they do allow you to pay with a credit card, do they charge a fee? I guess it's still worth it if meeting a MSR?

CHASE Freedom Unlimited Increased Offer now showing on Support Links

The offer is for $200 (20,000 URs) after spending $500 in the first 3 months PLUS Limited Time Offer: Earn 5% cash back on grocery store purchases on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.

If you have support links on DISchurners, You may want to update your link and description. Old links appear to have automatically updated BUT to be sure it tracks, I'd personally prefer to put up a fresh link!

For those who pay tuition with a cc, does the college allow payment by credit card or do you have to use plastiq? If they do allow you to pay with a credit card, do they charge a fee? I guess it's still worth it if meeting a MSR?

It varies from college to college. In our case, they would not accept credit cards, so we had to go the Plastiq route. We had some fee-free dollars but also felt that the 115K MRs were worth the fee. I'm not big on Plastiq, and we rarely use it, but this time it was worth it for us.

I'm new to the college paying thing as my DS is just starting this fall, but his school accepts payment by cc with no fee.

I've never been so sad to share something like this... I now have 827,850 Southwest Points...

Why am I sharing... well I finally got the 2nd tier of the 75k bonus from my card back in February... so my SW point earning journey for this year is complete.

Why am I sad... because I wish I had a LOT less points right now because that would mean I'd have taken a couple of trips and have a couple more booked. I'm booking tomorrow morning for our annual January trip (check my signature to see how long that tradition has been going on)... but I don't have high hopes that it will happen.

So... yaaaay for having way too many SW points...

ICYMI, I had an offer on our Amazon account for $15 off your purchase of $50 or more if you use URs to pay for a portion of your order. I just used one little point and it still took the $15 off my order of Nespresso pods and Hue lightbulbs.

We are in NY and my kids attend SUNY schools. They do not charge a fee so it makes sense to get the points. I have read that it depends on the college. Some schools charge a fee to use a credit card but I read that all SUNY schools are fee free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter