I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if you book the 11/25 flight are you able to change it again for $50 (or whatever the change fee is) if a more ideal slot opens?

I honestly don't know. I bet @calypso726 knows... :)

Good luck with it! Pixie dust that you get what you want!
Thank you! I think I'll risk waiting one more day or check again when I get home as I know things can change fast!

This is sort of off-topic for this thread, but I trust everyone here so had to ask all of you. Should my DH and I and our 10 year old boys move from the CBR to Yacht Club OR use Chase UR points and stay off site? We will only be at Disney 3 nights (2/17-2/20). We were not able to get a 5 person room for all 3 nights, so first night we are in ‘hopefully’ connecting rooms. Price was ok, but not great for room size, but we are excited to check on the gondola. We have only ever stayed at the Polynesian, so I get that this is a downgrade, but or sole purpose for this Disney trip is SWGE, but honestly, who am I kidding? They’re going to want to go to the castle too. The first part of our trip we will be at Universal at Portofino Bay on UR points thanks to everyone’s help and advice here! Woohoo!

Our options are to stay put and pay cash, cash out our CSR UR points and upgrade and move to Yacht club for $524 or Boardwalk Inn for $486, A o A for $430. Beach Club was available and is gone now, so I need to decide quick. The Polynesian is $898–It’s just not happening; OR...move to Disney Springs or another Disney affiliated hotel where we can use UR points abd get a better value than cashing out and just take a Lyft to the parks. What would you do? Will we miss not being on the Skyliner? Will we hate moving after 1 night? Will we be cramped at CBR?

Decluttering is my 2020 goal along with getting more organized...so with that theme in mind, has anyone tried doing a capsule wardrobe? My closet is overflowing (remember I have 70+ cardigans). I just have a hard time of letting go of clothing. And clearly I need to refrain from shopping.

I feel like “New Year” is such a lame holiday lol. Basically a reminder I have to go back to work tomorrow. It’s like - remember how awesome Thanksgiving thru Christmas was?? Well that’s OVER!

Perhaps a big portion of this stems from the fact that I’m up until midnight every night 🤣. Why don’t we set fireworks off for Jan 2nd or 3rd or May 12th for that matter. Every new day is a blessing lol!! Oh well - I’ll pretend to be excited and go about my normal evening now.
I feel exactly the same! I had a lot of time off between Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. Back to reality tomorrow. Sigh.
Happy New Year!

Decluttering is my 2020 goal along with getting more organized...so with that theme in mind, has anyone tried doing a capsule wardrobe? My closet is overflowing (remember I have 70+ cardigans). I just have a hard time of letting go of clothing. And clearly I need to refrain from shopping.
I used to be that way. In the past few years I have gotten rid of a lot of clothing. My new motto is if I haven’t worn it in 5 years, I don’t keep it. Unless it’s a dress or something like that I have few of for special occasions. Haven’t tried doing a capsule though.

This is sort of off-topic for this thread, but I trust everyone here so had to ask all of you. Should my DH and I and our 10 year old boys move from the CBR to Yacht Club OR use Chase UR points and stay off site? We will only be at Disney 3 nights (2/17-2/20). We were not able to get a 5 person room for all 3 nights, so first night we are in ‘hopefully’ connecting rooms. Price was ok, but not great for room size, but we are excited to check on the gondola. We have only ever stayed at the Polynesian, so I get that this is a downgrade, but or sole purpose for this Disney trip is SWGE, but honestly, who am I kidding? They’re going to want to go to the castle too. The first part of our trip we will be at Universal at Portofino Bay on UR points thanks to everyone’s help and advice here! Woohoo!

Our options are to stay put and pay cash, cash out our CSR UR points and upgrade and move to Yacht club for $524 or Boardwalk Inn for $486, A o A for $430. Beach Club was available and is gone now, so I need to decide quick. The Polynesian is $898–It’s just not happening; OR...move to Disney Springs or another Disney affiliated hotel where we can use UR points abd get a better value than cashing out and just take a Lyft to the parks. What would you do? Will we miss not being on the Skyliner? Will we hate moving after 1 night? Will we be cramped at CBR?
That is a tough question, but ultimately I think you will enjoy being on property most. We are also a family of 5 and that is the main reason we bought DVC to have enough room for us to all stay together instead of getting 2 rooms. I don’t think it will be bad to move after one night. But I would rather stay at Yacht Club or Boardwalk just to be closer to the parks. Of course I haven’t ever stayed at a resort with the skyliner. I think it would be fun, but I would rather rely on my own two feet to walk to dhs especially is SWGE is your priority.

That is a tough question, but ultimately I think you will enjoy being on property most. We are also a family of 5 and that is the main reason we bought DVC to have enough room for us to all stay together instead of getting 2 rooms. I don’t think it will be bad to move after one night. But I would rather stay at Yacht Club or Boardwalk just to be closer to the parks. Of course I haven’t ever stayed at a resort with the skyliner. I think it would be fun, but I would rather rely on my own two feet to walk to dhs especially is SWGE is your priority.

Thank you! The ability to walk to DHS is what I’m most concerned about. Plus, the cost of 2 rooms at CBR is as much as YC anyway. For the first night, one of the rooms is the pirate beds and I heard those are not comfortable at all.

Happy New year to all!

I went to sleep early but woke up at midnite because the people across the street set of a few half hearted fireworks. Checked the time and went back to sleep.
Ditto! Except in our case it was multiple people and they were not so half hearted. We used to do it too but we shot them all off at once at midnight so it was one big blast and done. Last night they kept going and going. People used to come out and applaud and cheer ours every year.

Thank you! The ability to walk to DHS is what I’m most concerned about. Plus, the cost of 2 rooms at CBR is as much as YC anyway. For the first night, one of the rooms is the pirate beds and I heard those are not comfortable at all.
I would say that the upgrade to YC or BWI would be worth it to me for the convenience alone. If they still have boarding groups you can get to HS easily in the AM and have the option to walk back to the room while waiting. We are staying at BC in February and I am so glad to not be worrying about transportation options early in the morning. We liked the BWV when we stayed and I would happily stay on the hotel side if I had the chance! Good luck with your decision!

What scammers are on eBay. DH sold someone a D&B card on 11/30 with lots of points and credits. The guy even emailed him several times about the card and now DH receives a dispute from PayPal that the transaction wasn’t authorized. What a crock!
He should be fine, I had this happen once...just attach the USPS tracking number showing it was shipped to the confirmed address to the dispute

Last edited:

Is anything open at Wyndham Bonnet Creek using URs....the 1 BRs there are great and It would be a short Uber ride to the parks

We stay at BW on most of our trips or as often as I can book it, lol. We love being able to walk to dhs and spend a lot of evenings in Epcot. I just booked a trip for March last month ( which was late planning for us - I usually book 7-11 months in advance) and only resort available was SSR so I grabbed it. Then just recently I was able to switch to a split stay between AK and BW. I am going to try to go to DHS on a morning from BW to avoid the bus trip. I have heard that the rooms at YC are lovely.

There are 2 Wyndham Bonnet Creeks. One had availability the last time I checked and one did not. Is only one of them considered a Disney resort?
The Wyndham Grand is regular hotel rooms and I think gets the Disney extras Wyndham Bonnet Creek is a timeshare and has studios, 1,2 &3 bedroom villas
and does not receive any Disney extras

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter