I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp- I got totally distracted on here and I am supposed to be working LOL so I'll make this quick!

I LOVE the Amex concierge chat feature! I didn't realize this was a thing... Anytime I can avoid calling I am a very happy camper so I sent a message on the app asking how to contact the Amex Platinum Concierge (hoping there was an email address and vaguely recalling they were supposed to have introduced an in app feature for the concierge) and they asked how they could help! I'm trying small with a dining reservation and they're going to get back to me when the restaurant opens. (It's the little chat icon in the upper right of the app on the iphone app.)

Maybe this card will work better for me. I've actually been thinking that I'd like to offset vacation dining/entertainment costs that can't be purchased with points. So this card with $500 statement credit could work for that. Won't count against */24, no AF, $5kMSR. Maybe I'm just grasping at straws here because I'm without an MSR, but seems like a decent offer. I know we don't talk about BoA much, and from reading I may not even be approved. Has anyone gotten this card?

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targeted-bank-of-america-business-cash-rewards-500-signup-bonus/

Last edited:
Maybe this card will work better for me. I've actually been thinking that I'd like to offset vacation dining/entertainment costs that can't be purchased with points. So this card with $500 statement credit could work for that. Won't count against */24, no AF, $5kMSR. Maybe I'm just grasping at straws here because I'm without an MSR, but seems like a decent offer. I we don't talk about BoA much, and from reading I may not even be approved. Has anyone gotten this card?

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targeted-bank-of-america-business-cash-rewards-500-signup-bonus/
BoA hates me but I'm like a 12/24. Better luck to you!

Thanks, even if I do decide to go for it, I'm not holding up too much hope. For some reason I was thinking you had something from BoA. Guess my memory/spreadsheet isn't anywhere close to @Lain 🤣
You don't have to have a relationship with BoA but it can help if they're on the fence about giving you a card. If you're a heavy churner then putting some money in the bank can sway them in your favor. It's also more rewarding if you have enough money in there to reach Preferred Rewards level. I think @platamama has BoA and that card.

You don't have to have a relationship with BoA but it can help if they're on the fence about giving you a card. If you're a heavy churner then putting some money in the bank can sway them in your favor. It's also more rewarding if you have enough money in there to reach Preferred Rewards level. I think @platamama has BoA and that card.
Thanks, no current relationship, maybe I’ll see if they have any bank bonuses right now. I took a quick look to see how you get to that preferred level, but it seemed a bit confusing.

I was just getting into the best shape I’ve ever been in before I found out I was pregnant lol. It gives me a goal to work towards after he’s born. They took my pictures at the gym in August and today I actually have pictures again for my fitness assessment. Obviously this one is more for fun but they want to do another 6 weeks after the birth to compare
When I was pregnant with my first, I milked cows in the evening (like every other evening) and delivered that night. It would never have occurred to me not to do chores. 🤫 I like not having cows to worry about any more. I never could teach them about vacation.

Wow good for her! That’s pretty impressive
Most women I know work up until delivery. Saves vacation time for maternity leave.
Hey guys - 6 users still have 75k SW links posted on DISchurners. If we could get those cleaned up soon I'd appreciate it! I don't want to mislead anybody into the wrong offer :D
My goal is to work on mine this weekend
When pregnant with my son I worked in a hospital, he was 2 weeks early...Came home from work, went into labor and had him overnight. Called my boss from the hospital bed to let him know, he didn’t believe me until he came up to my room....wound up working from there
My coworker left yesterday and came back today to be admitted for delivery
Maybe this card will work better for me. I've actually been thinking that I'd like to offset vacation dining/entertainment costs that can't be purchased with points. So this card with $500 statement credit could work for that. Won't count against */24, no AF, $5kMSR. Maybe I'm just grasping at straws here because I'm without an MSR, but seems like a decent offer. I know we don't talk about BoA much, and from reading I may not even be approved. Has anyone gotten this card?

DH had the BOA travel rewards personal card. We just canceled it because I’m cutting AF cards but it works fine. Only drawback imo is that you have to get to $25 in rewards before you can use them.
ETA BOA Premium Rewards Card, not travel rewards

Last edited:
This is CC related. I'm having trouble with the AmEx iPhone app since the last update (about 2 weeks ago) and wondering if anyone else is. If you have more than one card they appear stacked on top of each other at the top of the app when you sign in.If you want to switch between them, you tap the stack and they unstack in a list. If you have more than 4, which I do, you have to scroll that list to see all of them. Mine won't scroll, so I can only deal with the 4 that are on top right now. There's a work around for that which is ungainly and not worth describing (unless someone needs it) but I'm wondering if anyone else has the same issue.

The auto-pay discount I would lose to save this $5 would cost me more money so I probably can't use it unless I get creative. Maybe my Xfinity bill will trigger it? 🤔
I think you could just make a $100 payment in between the autopay. That way it still would do the autopay, just a lower amount. Maybe...

I got it in April, with a lower SUB of $300 so that $500 looks darn good! I think I may try to get it for DH now. Thanks for posting!

When I got mine, I didn't have a BoA checking account yet, but I did have the BoA Premium Rewards card already. And we had a joint brokerage account with Merrill Lynch (they are the same company) that had been in place for years, so I had an existing relationship with BoA.

The BoA biz account is set up kind of strangely with a "Corporate" account and the MC as a sub account, and they have different account numbers. When I pay the BoA Biz card I reference the Corporate account number, and not the actual credit card number. And I pay it with my Bluebird account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter