I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least 10 more shutdowns Thursday. Probably a similar number Wednesday. Nothing new in terms of # of cards. If you're below the 4 Citi SUB # across 2018/2019 combined then you don't really have cause for worry.

Some folks are starting to talk legal action. Things like small claims & class action are being thrown around. I recommend we continue to keep discussion off the main thread and take it to the dedicated DISchurners thread.

EDIT: If you don't know what this relates to then you shouldn't be worried :D

Last edited:
Random Off Topic comment: I think one of my favorite pieces of mail now might be these "refinance your mortgage" spam letters. They used to frustrate me but ever since I paid the thing off I get a strange sense of joy tearing them up!! 🤣 🤣
My husband somehow got on a list for doctors, so he gets all kind of offers for "Dr. DH" that are a big joke around here!

Wow good for her! That’s pretty impressive
I flew cross country myself at 7 months and was in the gym doing serious workouts and yoga until 3 weeks before delivery (I developed preeclampsia and had bed rest at the end), so I agree, as long as you are healthy the activity is good for you!

The irony is, my 1st pregnancy was the last time in my life I've been in great shape! 🤣 Almost 10 years later and, well, my body is NOT the same! LOL

I am literally 100 pages behind from the 2 weeks I've been away from this thread, so my apologies if this has been covered... I saw a public blog article (miles to memories, maybe?) about the SW loophole. Has there been blowback from that?

Also, in the same vein, apparently I missed the window for my Aug SW flight...

@southfthanks for maintaining the news thread (among 100 other things here), it was an easy topline catchup for the last 2 weeks.

So the Chase 5/24 rule- do they go off of how many new accounts are opened or how many hard pulls to your credit report? I applied today for the Barclay Aviator Business card to help fill in the gaps between Chase and Amex because we have a lot of spend coming up and within a minute of submitting the app I got an alert from my credit monitoring that they had an inquiry. I guess I was surprised because when I applied for the CIP last month it didn’t show up. Is this typical?

Which credit monitoring do you have? Probably it doesn't cover all 3 credit agencies and Chase happened to pull the one that it doesn't cover.

Where do you MS now? Walmart? Seems no place left. I might have to try Walmart but their customer service line is soooo long. One line for CS, returns and online pickup and usually one person behind the counter.
I stick to Walmart mostly. I have two serve cards open and do both each visit. Money center when it first opens on Saturday is usually not busy. I’ll do regular cash registers as well. I have run into 1-2 that didn’t know how to Load serve. I also found out that that regular cash registers have a limit of 200 in a transaction. I’ve been doing 500 gcm VGCs to meet MSR on chase cards.
I think DG is dead using gcs to load serve, only cash. Not 100% sure but thought I read on Reddit. I still do FD if I have a lot to liquidate. There is one super close and super friendly.

If no one wants to trade I will have 5 Donald’s and willing to trade one or two for orange bird.

@Haley R if you are otherwise healthy and it isn’t crazy hot/humid I would think you are good to go to WDW and walk around. Just stay hydrated. I jogged/waddled up until day of delivery.
Will definitely trade 1 orange Bird for a Donald with you if @Haley does not need it

Hey guys - 6 users still have 75k SW links posted on DISchurners. If we could get those cleaned up soon I'd appreciate it! I don't want to mislead anybody into the wrong offer :D
I thought that I posted a link on there, so I went to change it but I don’t see it so I must never have done it. If I missed it somehow and you see it, let me know so I can figure out how to change it.

Both! I’d max out the BBP offer and then hit CIC. but I am not in the need of other gift cards. If you want/need disney GC maybe use your Amex offer on that. I’m in it for MS.
I'm going for the opposite b/c MSR :rolleyes1 I've been waiting for this!!! If I can manage more after done with CIC I'll use that....

I flew cross country myself at 7 months and was in the gym doing serious workouts and yoga until 3 weeks before delivery (I developed preeclampsia and had bed rest at the end), so I agree, as long as you are healthy the activity is good for you!

The irony is, my 1st pregnancy was the last time in my life I've been in great shape! 🤣 Almost 10 years later and, well, my body is NOT the same! LOL
I was just getting into the best shape I’ve ever been in before I found out I was pregnant lol. It gives me a goal to work towards after he’s born. They took my pictures at the gym in August and today I actually have pictures again for my fitness assessment. Obviously this one is more for fun but they want to do another 6 weeks after the birth to compare

I stick to Walmart mostly. I have two serve cards open and do both each visit. Money center when it first opens on Saturday is usually not busy. I’ll do regular cash registers as well. I have run into 1-2 that didn’t know how to Load serve. I also found out that that regular cash registers have a limit of 200 in a transaction. I’ve been doing 500 gcm VGCs to meet MSR on chase cards.
I think DG is dead using gcs to load serve, only cash. Not 100% sure but thought I read on Reddit. I still do FD if I have a lot to liquidate. There is one super close and super friendly.
I’ve done up to $600 at the regular cash registers

After reading all the posts about the different Hilton cards, you've got me thinking I need to keep the Surpass and ditch the Biz card next October.

But I'll go back and ask, in general when you have both cards (personal and business) and the perks are basically the same, which is better to keep? Since Amex only allows for 5 slots, and I have 4 filled, and no reasons to keep both the regular AND business cards, which makes sense to close?

I'm also trying to decide which AA card to keep open....In the past I planned on keeping the Barclay AAviator because they had the 10% back on miles (when you flew) but they took that away. So now the question is, keep the AAviator or the Citi Biz (card #2, never got the SUB on it). My AF for the Citi hits in June, so I'm thinking that might be the one that gets cancelled (vs Sept for the Barclay).
I will say I'm happy there is another VGC offer at Staples. I want to knock out my CIP MSR, 1556.41 to hit by 4/4/20 (I love that the app has a tracker). I know Amex doesn't like the VGC when hitting a SUB, but if I'm going after the Hilton free night (might as well try on both cards since I got stuck with the AF on the surpass, grrrrr) do they care?

I'm going for the opposite b/c MSR :rolleyes1 I've been waiting for this!!! If I can manage more after done with CIC I'll use that....
I’ve done this for MSR. That would be first choice if needed. Though I am liking GCM to hit MSR and get 5x on CIC.

I’ve done up to $600 at the regular cash registers
Must be my Walmart or at least the manager I ran into. I tried to do 500 and was told cash register is 200 and go to money center for anything more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter