I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my SW biz card in the mail today! Already knocked out $1250 in spend on bills. CP here I come! :yay:
My CIP came and I managed to put $1200 in spend on it also!
They are suppose to be able to load Serve at each register, but not everyone knows how. I stick to Money Center and Service desk, but my lines usually aren't long. Family Dollar still works for Serve as well, but can't remember if you have one near.
Closest FD is 6 miles and I swear I tried there last summer only to be told no.
I’ve only ever tried at Walmart. I’ve done garden center, customer service, and a regular checkout line. I’ve had the most success with the customer service but I don’t get in line if it’s ridiculously long. Usually it’s shorter than the checkout lines though. Our Walmart is almost all self checkout with like 2-4 actual cashiers
I really really don’t like Walmart and try to avoid it. Of course, when I do go it’s not like I can go during a not so busy time. It’s always after school or on weekends which are awful. There is no garden center in Chicago in winter, lol, and there is a lot of self checkout. Even if there are a bunch of cashiers, lines are usually 3-4 deep at each one. Customer service is usually anywhere from 5-10 people in line. I’ve waited 20-30 minutes in line to pick up an order or return something. I didn’t mind MSing at Dollar General. Most of the cashiers were nice, even if not too bright, and no one ever gave me a hard time about anything. I might try Walmart if I have a day off and I could try mid morning when maybe it isn’t too busy.

Last edited:
My CIP came and I managed to put $1200 in spend on it also!

Closest FD is 6 miles and I swear I tried there last summer now to be told no.

I really really don’t like Walmart and try to avoid it. Of course, when I do go it’s not like I can go during a not so busy time. It’s always after school or on weekends which are awful. There is no garden center in Chicago in winter, lol, and there is a lot of self checkout. Even if there are a bunch of cashiers, lines are usually 3-4 deep at each one. Customer service is usually anywhere from 5-10 people in line. I’ve waited 20-30 minutes in line to pick up an order or return something. I didn’t mind MSing at Dollar General. Most of the cashiers were nice, even if not too bright, and no one ever gave me a hard time about anything. I might try Walmart if I have a day off and I could try mid morning when maybe it isn’t too busy.
That’s true. I forgot about the garden centers lol. I’m able to go mid day when there aren’t as many people there. I could see it being harder on the weekend or at night. The garden center has been really hit or miss. I’ve only done it 2-3 times and I think 2 of those times the person didn’t know what I was talking about or had to get help. It was almost more trouble than it was worth. Now I kind of know the cashiers at customer service and they’re always really helpful. I’ve had some cashiers give me skeptical looks at the normal registers that’s why I try to avoid them and they’re also super long like you said.

We will be there May 16-24.......DH and I both have APs if you would like to trade a Donald for Orange Bird just let me know

If no one wants to trade I will have 5 Donald’s and willing to trade one or two for orange bird.

@Haley R if you are otherwise healthy and it isn’t crazy hot/humid I would think you are good to go to WDW and walk around. Just stay hydrated. I jogged/waddled up until day of delivery.

I just called the status line and it was APPROVED! Unfortunately I won't get it in time for this trip buuuuut it's better than nothing!!!

Thanks everyone who has been following along!
So happy for you! Mine was pretty much the same except you added a day for the holiday. Approved last Wednesday, card came today (8 days with holiday) so hopefully you’ll have yours by next Thursday.

If no one wants to trade I will have 5 Donald’s and willing to trade one or two for orange bird.

@Haley R if you are otherwise healthy and it isn’t crazy hot/humid I would think you are good to go to WDW and walk around. Just stay hydrated. I jogged/waddled up until day of delivery.
My coworker was at work today, she’s being induced tomorrow.

So the Chase 5/24 rule- do they go off of how many new accounts are opened or how many hard pulls to your credit report? I applied today for the Barclay Aviator Business card to help fill in the gaps between Chase and Amex because we have a lot of spend coming up and within a minute of submitting the app I got an alert from my credit monitoring that they had an inquiry. I guess I was surprised because when I applied for the CIP last month it didn’t show up. Is this typical?

My last minute trip fell through...unless I want to use all my SW points to book a flight for tomorrow. Although it likely worked out better, as I was able to give support to a friend with my time off, so probably where I needed to be, but not as exciting, relaxing or warm. No news with CC's, thinking of my next card-Hyatt or United more likely than not.

Traveling this year is taking a nose dive, but hopefully will pick up at the end of the year/early next year. Everyone keep churning along. Someone IRL found out I am a churner and cannot believe it...anyone can be a churner and you do you, open 1 card or 40, use your points for the best cent/point redemption or just so you don't have to use cash. Just a reminder that there isn't one way to churn! Hoping we all can keep this thread the best one on the dis and a positive community. A little reminder to keep advanced topics on dischurners and keep this thread for more general discussion, as demonstrated earlier with coverage of the SW loophole...we do not want to contribute to other strategies demise.
Thanks for this awesome positive little message! So much good in this one paragraph :D :D :D

So the Chase 5/24 rule- do they go off of how many new accounts are opened or how many hard pulls to your credit report? I applied today for the Barclay Aviator Business card to help fill in the gaps between Chase and Amex because we have a lot of spend coming up and within a minute of submitting the app I got an alert from my credit monitoring that they had an inquiry. I guess I was surprised because when I applied for the CIP last month it didn’t show up. Is this typical?
I'm definitely not the expert but my understanding is accounts opened within the last 24 months.

Accounts are accounts and inquiries are inquiries and never the twain shall meet! 🤣

5/24 is based on accounts showing on your personal credit report - plain and simple. Anytime you apply for any form of credit you likely will authorize that person to do an inquiry but this will have nothing to do with 5/24. Only approved new accounts.

Busy day at work today and another one on tap tomorrow. I have really slacked with the news thread recently too, and not sure if I'll have time to catch up with that with all I have on the docket this weekend!

Glad to see so much great info and comments today, I liked a ton of them but didn't want to spam the thread with 50 quotes LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter