I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My last minute trip fell through...unless I want to use all my SW points to book a flight for tomorrow. Although it likely worked out better, as I was able to give support to a friend with my time off, so probably where I needed to be, but not as exciting, relaxing or warm. No news with CC's, thinking of my next card-Hyatt or United more likely than not.

Traveling this year is taking a nose dive, but hopefully will pick up at the end of the year/early next year. Everyone keep churning along. Someone IRL found out I am a churner and cannot believe it...anyone can be a churner and you do you, open 1 card or 40, use your points for the best cent/point redemption or just so you don't have to use cash. Just a reminder that there isn't one way to churn! Hoping we all can keep this thread the best one on the dis and a positive community. A little reminder to keep advanced topics on dischurners and keep this thread for more general discussion, as demonstrated earlier with coverage of the SW loophole...we do not want to contribute to other strategies demise.

I think I'll be using our CIC for this round at Staples. Dh said he can see his Capital One Venture is coming in the mail today, but I don't think we'll have any trouble meeting that spend. I'd rather have the 5x with the CIC. I need to check if we have the Amex offer first, though.

We have the Amex offer on both of our BBPs. Would it be better to use that or our CIC??
Both! I’d max out the BBP offer and then hit CIC. but I am not in the need of other gift cards. If you want/need disney GC maybe use your Amex offer on that. I’m in it for MS.

I
It is a Hyatt House. On the Costco Travel website, it says the "package " (it's just a room, not a package) includes a breakfast buffet and then the $12/day meal (including alcohol!) credit is listed separately. So I believe we would get the breakfast either way (super handy with three teenage boys).

The room is going to be just under $900 total so I'm guessing that's 900 Hyatt points.. which may honestly be nothing to me, ever. Just trying to weigh the $36 in food (we are staying three nights) against 900 Hyatt points. Fun times!
I also have a 15% back on Hyatt House on my CSR that expires in 1 day. Might not work for this one but might work if it comes back.

This is so great to hear. I had it in my head that only the Bonbon certs could be extended.

Honestly, I thought only the Marriott certs could be extended as well, but I thought that it didn't hurt to ask. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least! I thought we were going to be doing a staycation at a downtown hotel next weekend.

Both! I’d max out the BBP offer and then hit CIC. but I am not in the need of other gift cards. If you want/need disney GC maybe use your Amex offer on that. I’m in it for MS.
We don’t need disney gcs but could always use some for meals and stuff. The visa gcs we usually use for serve.

Dang. I need to meet MSR on new CIP, not buy VGCs even though I have CIC and a 10% Staples offers on Amex and Chase cards. I already bought a few hundred in VGCs for vacation.
I heard about this event on the radio today. I'm not interested because it's for Universal and I couldn't ride much there. The event is March 6. I haven't heard anyone talk about it so I thought I'd mention it here. The radio link gives you $20 off the price.
https://www.undercovertourist.com/o...st-universal-orlando-ticket/?pid=FROG-RAD-8GI
We’re going. I posted about it last fall. The tickets were $40 off on Black Friday. We’ll be staying club level at HRH and making a weekend of it.
Where do you MS now? Walmart? Seems no place left. I might have to try Walmart but their customer service line is soooo long. One line for CS, returns and online pickup and usually one person behind the counter.

Where do you MS now? Walmart? Seems no place left. I might have to try Walmart but their customer service line is soooo long. One line for CS, returns and online pickup and usually one person behind the counter.
They are suppose to be able to load Serve at each register, but not everyone knows how. I stick to Money Center and Service desk, but my lines usually aren't long. Family Dollar still works for Serve as well, but can't remember if you have one near.

Dang. I need to meet MSR on new CIP, not buy VGCs even though I have CIC and a 10% Staples offers on Amex and Chase cards. I already bought a few hundred in VGCs for vacation.

We’re going. I posted about it last fall. The tickets were $40 off on Black Friday. We’ll be staying club level at HRH and making a weekend of it.

I’ve only ever tried at Walmart. I’ve done garden center, customer service, and a regular checkout line. I’ve had the most success with the customer service but I don’t get in line if it’s ridiculously long. Usually it’s shorter than the checkout lines though. Our Walmart is almost all self checkout with like 2-4 actual cashiers

I just did this. We had to cancel our President's Day Weekend at the Waldorf in Orlando which was booked with a FNC. When I called to cancel, I asked to extend the certificate. She asked how long I needed and I said six months. She came back with an expiration of 11/30/20 when it would have expired on 3/4/20. Definitely worth the call.
This is so great to hear. I had it in my head that only the Bonbon certs could be extended.

I love reading this! I, too, thought only Bonbon could be extended. I thought I had read Hilton was pretty much a hard no. I have a cert, well two, that I no longer have plans for at the moment since I switched vacation plans around. I've been stressing over finding a place to use it in the next couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter