I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marriott Bonvoy American Express Business 75,000 Points + $150 Statement Credit
Anyone see this offer? It looks pretty decent.....esp. that credit- I'm trying to figure out eligibility...lifetime bonus wording.... please remind me, is that true lifetime? P2 hasn't had this card, but did have SpG biz and personal (opened 2018) does this mean it's a no go?
Also considering the chase bonvoy cc

I am looking for some advanced advice here as I want to plan this out well in advance. It occurred to me it’s been more than 48 months since DH and I both received our CSR bonuses (Open Aug 2016, bonus Nov 2016)

The CSR is our go-to card in our wallet when not trying to meet an MSR.

Are most people PCing the CSR and then re-applying every 48 months or is the SUB not worth that?

If I went that route, can anyone walk me through all of the advance prep I might want to do for that and timing?

Here’s our current cards:

Here’s the cards we currently have:
P1 (me) 3/24
Chase Sapphire Reserve
Chase Southwest Performance Business
Chase Southwest personal (Companion pass through 2021)
Amex Plat
Amex Hilton Aspire
Chase IHG
Chase Marriott Bonvoy
Amex Biz Plat

P2 1/24 or 2/24
Chase Disney
Chase Sapphire Reserve
Amex Plat
Chase Marriott Bonvoy
Amex Biz Plat

Also, I think we are on calendar year for the $300 travel credit versus this being tied to the renewal date. Does that seem right?

Got denied again for the CIU ☹. Thinking I may just need to give up on Chase for a while. I’m super bummed since I’ve never gotten denials until now.
:sad:I think waiting awhile and trying again is the only thing to do. But it is possible to get an approval again. DH was denied for the first time for a Chase biz on 9/24/20, then again 12/2, and even for a personal on 12/3. But he was finally approved for a CIC on 2/1. I kept busy with AmEx, but regret cashing out all my UR when I now need them to transfer to Hyatt and couldn't get any Chase SUBs, since I am over 5/24.

As I'm sure everyone knows, BOA routinely denies due to lack of deposit accounts. I've heard recon agents say they'll approve if you open a $1k CD with them.

I was denied for the BOA Biz Cash, and the denial letter included an application for a CD! The letter even says they'll approve the card with a credit limit corresponding to the amount of the CD I open, with a minimum of $1k and in $100 increments.

It's more trouble than its worth but I thought it was pretty funny.

:sad:I think waiting awhile and trying again is the only thing to do. But it is possible to get an approval again. DH was denied for the first time for a Chase biz on 9/24/20, then again 12/2, and even for a personal on 12/3. But he was finally approved for a CIC on 2/1. I kept busy with AmEx, but regret cashing out all my UR when I now need them to transfer to Hyatt and couldn't get any Chase SUBs, since I am over 5/24.
Thanks for the encouragement! The irony is I’m actually getting serious about investing in my business now. Since I can’t seem to get approved and get the SUB I may just call to PC my CIP to a CIU because I don’t want to pay the AF anymore and dont use the categories.

Are there any good offers on business checking/savings accounts right now? May try that since I need to open one anyway.

Are there any pitfalls I need to be aware of for purchasing Disney GC at Publix? Do they limit the amount you can buy at once?

I’m planning to use DH Platinum Amex with 10X at grocery stores to purchase roughly $600 in Disney GC to pay for a ticket. AP’s can’t come back soon enough!!

Are there any pitfalls I need to be aware of for purchasing Disney GC at Publix? Do they limit the amount you can buy at once?

I’m planning to use DH Platinum Amex with 10X at grocery stores to purchase roughly $600 in Disney GC to pay for a ticket. AP’s can’t come back soon enough!!
We got a $200 one loaded last week with our groceries and used PYB, no problem. I was hesitant to try more than that at one time, thinking it might flag something on CC end but I don’t know that Publix has a limit. Just make sure to save the activation receipt.

It depends on where you are. At Publix in SW Florida there is something weird about purchasing gift cards--I think you can't purchase more than $50 with a credit card. At my Publix in VA, that's not an issue.

If you don't normally spend that much on groceries at one time I'd mix it in with other stuff and take 3 to 6 trips to buy that much. Amex has clawed back bonus points like that on other cards over the summer. Also if you are still meeting min spend you def want to mix it in with other stuff over that amount of time.

It’s funny I grew up in Wa. state where we actually had seasons, but being in Az. for the past 20 years has made me such a wimp 😂 if it hits 30 degrees I think I’m going to freeze to death. 😂 Also our kids being Az. natives are REALLY soft. You should see my son bundle up before school when it’s 40 degrees in the morning. He looks like he’s ready to go skiing 🤣. When you guys bring up the weather I take a look outside and keep my mouth shut 😉
Personally I bundle up in cold and have an ankle length down coat for the *really* cold weather. However I also hate hot weather. Anything over 80 is yuk. And I know *dry heat* but I stepped off the plane in AZ and thought my face was gonna dry up and fall off from the heat and dehydration. So I’ll stay in Chicago where I can add more layers in winter. In hot weather I can only take off so much before I get arrested.

OK, thenI will keep my Disney GC purchases to about $200 per trip and mix it up with some other small grocery purchases. Goodness knows we always seem to need something from the grocery store! I get my weekly grocery order from Walmart grocery pickup, which does code as groceries from what I understand, but I will put that on another card while I’m working on the GC to keep the grocery spending on the Amex Platinum from being too high all at one time.

Which topic on the drop down menu from chase do I use to SM in order to get dh’s CIU. Are expedited? Or does he have to call?

OK, thenI will keep my Disney GC purchases to about $200 per trip and mix it up with some other small grocery purchases. Goodness knows we always seem to need something from the grocery store! I get my weekly grocery order from Walmart grocery pickup, which does code as groceries from what I understand, but I will put that on another card while I’m working on the GC to keep the grocery spending on the Amex Platinum from being too high all at one time.

Wal-Mart pu coding as grocery in general of specifically with amex because they aren't the same. My fred meyer codes as grocer with chase and discover but not amex so the gold, while I have it, is fairly useless. I do get some gc at Safeway and use my gold or hilton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter