I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wal-Mart pu coding as grocery in general of specifically with amex because they aren't the same. My fred meyer codes as grocer with chase and discover but not amex so the gold, while I have it, is fairly useless. I do get some gc at Safeway and use my gold or hilton.
No firsthand experience yet, but I‘ve read on several sites that Walmart pickup will code as grocery for Amex specifically. That’s all the shopping I do at Walmart anyway, and one of the main reasons I got the Amex Gold. I plan to keep it long term for groceries and dining for the 4X MR when I’m not meeting a MS somewhere.

No firsthand experience yet, but I‘ve read on several sites that Walmart pickup will code as grocery for Amex specifically. That’s all the shopping I do at Walmart anyway, and one of the main reasons I got the Amex Gold. I plan to keep it long term for groceries and dining for the 4X MR when I’m not meeting a MS somewhere.

Walmart grocery delivery codes grocery on Amex. Hope pickup does too.

Marriott Bonvoy American Express Business 75,000 Points + $150 Statement Credit
Anyone see this offer? It looks pretty decent.....esp. that credit- I'm trying to figure out eligibility...lifetime bonus wording.... please remind me, is that true lifetime? P2 hasn't had this card, but did have SpG biz and personal (opened 2018) does this mean it's a no go?
Also considering the chase bonvoy cc

I think it's a NO GO. American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Biz was the old name of the new Marriott Bonvoy American Express Business card. Both Amex cards. Subject to once in a lifetime bonus rules unless you get an offer with NLL.

The things that changed were (1) higher annual fee (2) lower rewards.

OK, thenI will keep my Disney GC purchases to about $200 per trip and mix it up with some other small grocery purchases. Goodness knows we always seem to need something from the grocery store! I get my weekly grocery order from Walmart grocery pickup, which does code as groceries from what I understand, but I will put that on another card while I’m working on the GC to keep the grocery spending on the Amex Platinum from being too high all at one time.

I personally wouldn’t put groceries on another card since you can get 10x if you put it on the plat (if you are sure your Walmart qualifies as grocery). I think $600 in gcs is small potatoes spread over several trips. Also, this is a new card so who is Amex to say how much you spend on groceries for your family?

This is all just my logic, not based in any actual knowledge of how Amex “thinks.”

Is Disney giving APs to people who cancelled theirs last year? Can’t decide if we should try to get an AP or just do Florida resident tickets
Not sure what they are doing now.....we cancelled ours in August of last year....then decided to go in December and read they were letting some people who cancelled buy new APs. I called the AP line in November they took my information and someone called me back saying I qualified to buy new ones.

Not sure what they are doing now.....we cancelled ours in August of last year....then decided to go in December and read they were letting some people who cancelled buy new APs. I called the AP line in November they took my information and someone called me back saying I qualified to buy new ones.
When you bought your new passes were they active effective the day you purchased them or the day of first use? I cancelled mine in August also and would love to get another but we likely won’t be going back until this fall. If we could buy now and activate with first use in the fall I’d definitely do it. If it’s effective the day I purchase it I don’t think I would.

When you bought your new passes were they active effective the day you purchased them or the day of first use? I cancelled mine in August also and would love to get another but we likely won’t be going back until this fall. If we could buy now and activate with first use in the fall I’d definitely do it. If it’s effective the day I purchase it I don’t think I would.
They were active the day we first used them, so you would be fine

Well, I was able to switch my Plat airline to SW. Now, do I use it to buy flights or to get priority boarding?

How does everyone use theirs airline incidental fee credit?

We’re leaning more towards just getting Florida resident tickets but can’t decide. It’s nice to have the option for an AP if we want them

We’re leaning more towards just getting Florida resident tickets but can’t decide. It’s nice to have the option for an AP if we want them

If I remember correctly, you cancelled during the shutdown. You now have the option to obtain an AP, same as myself, @palhockeymomof2 and some others. Only those who were refunded during shutdown can ask for an AP right now.

No one even knows if the AP option will come back as a regular option any time soon or when they will discontinue letting people buy a replacement.

As I'm sure everyone knows, BOA routinely denies due to lack of deposit accounts. I've heard recon agents say they'll approve if you open a $1k CD with them.

I was denied for the BOA Biz Cash, and the denial letter included an application for a CD! The letter even says they'll approve the card with a credit limit corresponding to the amount of the CD I open, with a minimum of $1k and in $100 increments.

It's more trouble than its worth but I thought it was pretty funny.

Interesting strategy by BoA. They are covering their potential loss presumably by holding your CD as collateral. Seems like people with low credit could go this way?

Are there any pitfalls I need to be aware of for purchasing Disney GC at Publix? Do they limit the amount you can buy at once?

I’m planning to use DH Platinum Amex with 10X at grocery stores to purchase roughly $600 in Disney GC to pay for a ticket. AP’s can’t come back soon enough!!
We have bought multiple $500 Disney GCs from Tampa area Publix through the regular check-out lanes, one at a time (dunno if that was required) on the variable $25-500 cards. We put in on CSR for PYB after SUB was met.

If I remember correctly, you cancelled during the shutdown. You now have the option to obtain an AP, same as myself, @palhockeymomof2 and some others. Only those who were refunded during shutdown can ask for an AP right now.

No one even knows if the AP option will come back as a regular option any time soon or when they will discontinue letting people buy a replacement.
Yep we did cancel during the shutdown. It’s just hard to know how much we’ll actually go. We can’t really do a day trip with ds’s nap schedule and don’t plan to stay too often right now.

Received the metal Delta Reserve Business card today. Any thoughts on adding this to an existing Amex login? Right now, I have separate logins for each card and it is a pain, but I wanted to make sure it doesn't hurt our chances in the future of getting an upgrade offer to our other Delta card.

@Lain and anyone else that might have a recommendation, I was wondering if you could help me.

If I go to Maui in the fall I need a good lie-flat business class seat coming back on a red eye (I have booked AA first going). I can fly to any airport on the east coast (BOS, EWK, JFK, LGA, etc.) and since I plan on using my biz plat, points don't factor into my decision. Any recommendations? I read that United is flying their fancy 767 in and out of the NYC area, but the service stops on September 5th (my trip is booked for October 28th). Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter