I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know of a card with 0% interest when you apply? I feel like this comes up every once in awhile, and Pen Fed sticks in my mind for some reason but I can't remember. Have a friend that's looking for one and I thought this was a better place to ask than google, at least to start :)

ETA should add that it does need to be for balance transfer. I see one from Citi that gives you 18 months and one from US bank that gives 20 months. Friend hasn't opened a new card since summer 2019 and has a credit score that's over 720 so should be ok for either of these as I know they can be sensitive to inquiries. If there's not a better option out there, would the Citi be more of an easy one to get? I feel like US bank can be kinda picky, so while the extra 2 months would probably be good I also don't want to set them up to fail and get a hp for nothing.

Last edited:
@Lain and anyone else that might have a recommendation, I was wondering if you could help me.

If I go to Maui in the fall I need a good lie-flat business class seat coming back on a red eye (I have booked AA first going). I can fly to any airport on the east coast (BOS, EWK, JFK, LGA, etc.) and since I plan on using my biz plat, points don't factor into my decision. Any recommendations? I read that United is flying their fancy 767 in and out of the NYC area, but the service stops on September 5th (my trip is booked for October 28th). Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Offhand, aside from UA’s OGG-EWR route you mentioned, I think you’d need to fly from OGG to HNL to get on a nonstop from Hawaii to the East Coast.

Has anyone here ever done Amazon Shopper Panel? I got an email today from Amazon to join. You essentially use the app to load up non-Amazon receipts and answer surveys to get money in your Amazon account. I used to do a lot of the online surveys for SW and e-rewards but I've been a slacker on those. Wondering if the Amazon would be worth my time?

Has anyone here ever done Amazon Shopper Panel? I got an email today from Amazon to join. You essentially use the app to load up non-Amazon receipts and answer surveys to get money in your Amazon account. I used to do a lot of the online surveys for SW and e-rewards but I've been a slacker on those. Wondering if the Amazon would be worth my time?

Never heard of it, but I already do receipt hog, receipt pal and fetch, so what's one more receipt app :rotfl2: Though fetch takes FOREVER so once I get the next gc I'm done.

Does anyone know of a card with 0% interest when you apply? I feel like this comes up every once in awhile, and Pen Fed sticks in my mind for some reason but I can't remember. Have a friend that's looking for one and I thought this was a better place to ask than google, at least to start :)

ETA should add that it does need to be for balance transfer. I see one from Citi that gives you 18 months and one from US bank that gives 20 months. Friend hasn't opened a new card since summer 2019 and has a credit score that's over 720 so should be ok for either of these as I know they can be sensitive to inquiries. If there's not a better option out there, would the Citi be more of an easy one to get? I feel like US bank can be kinda picky, so while the extra 2 months would probably be good I also don't want to set them up to fail and get a hp for nothing.
While this PenFed card is my go-to for everything-else card it looks like the others you mentioned have better term lengths ... All PenFed cards are 12 mo at 0% w/ 3% fee:

Last edited:
Does applying for credit increase on existing CC impact future offer availability or does this suggestion just apply to new cards?

Trying to figure out what to do with ongoing spend - DH and I are going to be building a house, so I'm trying not to apply for anything until we get the loan finalized.

We both have the Hyatt cards, so I was thinking I could work toward the free night for $15,000 spend.
I also have the Hilton Biz card and I see it has the same deal - free weekend night with $15,000 spend.

As far as I can see, none of our other cards have any deals like that. We have:
CSR
CFU
CIU
SW priority personal
SW performance biz
AmEx Personal Plat (we would still put gas and groceries on this for 10x, but bonus has been met)
Barclaycard Arrival +
Citi Double Cash
Citi Rewards +

I've never used any type of Free night certificate. Is there anything that makes the Hyatt or HIlton better than the other? If I'm reading right, we'll each automatically get a Hyatt night with our anniversary comes around, but I don't see where there is anything like that for the Hilton biz?

I hate not having a bonus that we're working toward, but at least this will be something I guess.

Trying to figure out what to do with ongoing spend - DH and I are going to be building a house, so I'm trying not to apply for anything until we get the loan finalized.

We both have the Hyatt cards, so I was thinking I could work toward the free night for $15,000 spend.
I also have the Hilton Biz card and I see it has the same deal - free weekend night with $15,000 spend.

As far as I can see, none of our other cards have any deals like that. We have:
CSR
CFU
CIU
SW priority personal
SW performance biz
AmEx Personal Plat (we would still put gas and groceries on this for 10x, but bonus has been met)
Barclaycard Arrival +
Citi Double Cash
Citi Rewards +

I've never used any type of Free night certificate. Is there anything that makes the Hyatt or HIlton better than the other? If I'm reading right, we'll each automatically get a Hyatt night with our anniversary comes around, but I don't see where there is anything like that for the Hilton biz?

I hate not having a bonus that we're working toward, but at least this will be something I guess.

I really like the Hilton free nights because I like my fancy hotels lol. You can use it at most Hiltons as long as there are standard awards available. This year, they're valid any night of the week and don't expire until 12/31/22. The Hyatt free night is nice too, but I find it more limiting since they only apply to category 1-4 hotels. So the maximum value you can get is 15,000 Hyatt points. That's almost like getting an additional point on your spend (though worth less since it expires).

You do get a free night on your Hyatt anniversary (also category 1-4). Not for the Hilton biz, that only comes with the Hilton Aspire.

ETA: If you're working towards Hyatt status or awards, each $5000 spend gets you 2 elite nights. That might be a reason to go for the Hyatt free night vs the Hilton.

Last edited:

Membership required. AAA has one out (at least on paper - I received an envelop with the offer in yesterday's mail) . No annual fee, 0% for 15 months, $200 statement credit for $1000 spend, 3% on travel and AAA purchases, 2% on groceries, gas, wholesale club and drugstores, 1% on everything else. No foreign transaction fees.

Points redemptions are cash back, statement credits, AAA vouchers good towards travel and more, gift cards, auto rentals, hotels. BOA product.

Last edited:
NavyFed usually starts one in April that two years ago when I did it was 0% for 15 months with no BT fee.

I finally convinced DH to go to Universal in June. I actually got the vacation time approved.

This would be an extra trip so besides being able to cover most of the flights with points, I would have to pay cash for most of the trip.😱
Just can’t decide if we should go or not.

Anyone going to Universal in June?

I don’t know why I am hesitant. We have both been working and between lower daycare cost, stimulus $ and not doing much this year we have extra money. Maybe I am just worried about taking that leap back into traveling. We haven’t even eaten inside a restaurant in a year and we are going to go to FL? Seriously, I get DH to agree to a trip to Fl and I can’t seem to book it. What is wrong with me? Usually I’d have it booked the second he agreed.

Membership required. AAA has one out (at least on paper - I received an envelop with the offer in yesterday's mail) . No annual fee, 0% for 15 months, $200 statement credit for $1000 spend, 3% on travel and AAA purchases, 2% on groceries, gas, wholesale club and drugstores, 1% on everything else. No foreign transaction fees.

Points redemptions are cash back, statement credits, AAA vouchers good towards travel and more, gift cards, auto rentals, hotels. BOA product.
I have this card, and I don’t know anything about the 0% intro offer, but if you use your rewards towards a AAA voucher (can be used on anything you purchase in their office - I’ve used mine for Disney tickets before) you can get 1.4x value on the points. 50,000 points=$700 voucher. That’s a decent deal on gas, pharmacy, warehouse stores, and groceries for a no fee personal card. That is, if you don’t hate BoA with a passion (not naming any names lol). I’d file this one under “good cards for people using points for travel but avoiding biz cards and annual fees”. That doesn’t consider the SUB, but still I feel it’s a pretty good card to keep up my AAoA (it’s my oldest card).

I got an mail offer yesterday for a 0% for 18mo citi card. No other benefits though.

Is 1h 27min enough transfer time at DFW between domestic flights?

ETA: My son requested to go out west this summer so pricing out Yellowstone to Badlands. Flights are ok (23.5k AA miles) but the car rental is $9k for a car that fits the 6 of us. I am super lost planning these nature, American national park trips. I was so excited to finally make a decision, find decent flights, and surprise the kids when they came home from school but the car thing is a deal breaker.

Last edited:
Dilemma: We are heading to WDW in April and staying off site, so are going to rent a car. Planned on using UR but the prices for cars just seem so much higher than I remember. Looks like I can get the same car thru Costco for about $100-150 cheaper than what the price is on UR. I have the CSR, so I know that helps but looking for feedback on how others handle this kind of situation.
Thank you

Offhand, aside from UA’s OGG-EWR route you mentioned, I think you’d need to fly from OGG to HNL to get on a nonstop from Hawaii to the East Coast.
I am open to flying through HNL. Any airline suggestions with a good business lie-flat seat? I need to fly to the east coast then connect from there to Toronto.

Dilemma: We are heading to WDW in April and staying off site, so are going to rent a car. Planned on using UR but the prices for cars just seem so much higher than I remember. Looks like I can get the same car thru Costco for about $100-150 cheaper than what the price is on UR. I have the CSR, so I know that helps but looking for feedback on how others handle this kind of situation.
Thank you
I've always found the lowest car rental prices through Costco. Your CSR will cover the insurance on the rental car as long as you book with it and use it to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter