I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I applied for the CIP this morning. It went pending and asked me to call as soon as possible M-F to discuss my application. I've read that it's not really to my benefit to call. I called the status line instead and got the decision in 30 days message. I'll check back again in a few days. Fingers crossed.

Interesting. I'm not sure what I would do in your shoes. They might just want to move credit around or verify your address...something simple like that. But after my call yesterday, I'll never suggest that anyone should call!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and hoping you get it.

OMG, I was approved! I have been all knotted up about my recon call all weekend, feeling like I had possibly jeopardized my relationship with Chase. I was actually considering withdrawing my application if it was still pending this morning and waiting until my LLC is up and running to have actual numbers I could back up. I called the status line one more time to check before I talked to a rep and it said, "Congratulations, you've been approved!" Totally shocked. Now I'm going to be paranoid using it for anything besides shipping fees, and yet I'm going to have to pay my mortgage via Plastiq a couple of times to meet the min spend. I realize I'm probably overreacting, but this process has not helped my anxiety levels. :)

I called the status line this morning and found out that I was approved for the CIP! I'm ecstatic (and relieved)! Seriously, is there a club or support group for this? Thank you guys for the advice, personal experiences, and encouragement! Another 85,000 UR points, come to me!

Barclaycard Ring MC has 0% with no fees on balance transfers within first 45 days.
Your situation is something I fear. DHs job keeps cutting and we have high deductible insurance. Good luck.

Thanks so much! I just applied & was approved for this card. I can transfer my balance in 10 days. This is such a relief...I hate having any sort of debt & especially hate paying interest.

Thanks to those who mentioned not trying to transfer to another Chase card...I looked into it and it is not allowed. I never would have thought of that.

I want to submit 2 applications for 2 (different) Southwest cc's to try for the CP.
I thought I remembered reading advice here to apply for both on the same day.
Is that what is generally recommended?

I want to submit 2 applications for 2 (different) Southwest cc's to try for the CP.
I thought I remembered reading advice here to apply for both on the same day.
Is that what is generally recommended?

It's recommended mostly because Chase will combine the hard pulls to your credit report, saving you a few points. You can apply for one, and if you get instant approval apply for the other using a different browser (or else it will think the second app is a resubmission of the first one). If you get a pending notice on the first one, call and talk to a human for approval. Once you're approved, apply for the second. If you aren't instantly approved, call again about the second app.

It's recommended mostly because Chase will combine the hard pulls to your credit report, saving you a few points. You can apply for one, and if you get instant approval apply for the other using a different browser (or else it will think the second app is a resubmission of the first one). If you get a pending notice on the first one, call and talk to a human for approval. Once you're approved, apply for the second. If you aren't instantly approved, call again about the second app.

GREAT TIPS! Thanks so much! :thumbsup2

Anyone using Plastiq to pay rent/mortgage? Saw a DP on reddit from someone whose transaction posted on 6/4 to his CSR and didn't code as 3x travel. Of course, there's a contradictory DP for another transaction that posted on 6/4 and did earn 3x. I'd be interested to know how your transactions going forward are coding either way. I'd hate to see this quick earner end!

Ugh, I hope it isn't ending. My June payment posted 5/28 and it did code as travel so I'm not much help there since I was several days earlier. I have an aunt who is paying her mortgage with plastiq using the CSR. I'll check with her.

Mine posted on 05/31 & I got the 3x. Maybe it ended the end of May. I went ahead & paid my July payment because I was afraid it would end.

Doc says from the DPs 3x on CSR appears to have stopped Jun 3. Maybe stopped for CIP too. http://www.doctorofcredit.com/plastiq-no-longer-earning-3x-rentmortgage-csr/

Good luck! I was fortunate enough to get 2 instant approvals. I applied about an hour apart, once using Safari and once using Firefox.

Here is a Reddit post on the Companion Pass. It was written before the current 60K offers came out, so some of the info doesn't apply right now, but you'll get the gist.

Reading through that Reddit page (I love Reddit!). Thanks!

Since I *just* (days ago) canceled my SW Plus, I have to apply for a Premier and a Business (have a small business selling on amazon. Nothing huge but I can confirm steady income on sales).
Do you know if there is a recommended order when applying for these two? Premier first or Business first?

Related topic: I joined the wine club through my RR acct. You get 2000 RR points for signing up and getting the first shipment. First shipment is 15 bottles of wine total. With the wine, shipping and tax the total came to $96. That's $6 and change per bottle. So we may not like every bottle but... I figure we spend more than that when pull random bottles off the shelf of Total Wine and say "Lets try this" Some of those we don't end up liking either. The 2000 RR points is a nice bonus!

Doc says from the DPs 3x on CSR appears to have stopped Jun 3. Maybe stopped for CIP too. http://www.doctorofcredit.com/plastiq-no-longer-earning-3x-rentmortgage-csr/

Skimming through the comments on DoC and reddit, and it's not looking good. Been here before. All good things must come to an end. But at least in the last three months between RadPad and Plastiq, I racked up almost 40k UR points for something I had to pay anyway. Hope you guys also had a good run!

Good luck! I was fortunate enough to get 2 instant approvals. I applied about an hour apart, once using Safari and once using Firefox.

Here is a Reddit post on the Companion Pass. It was written before the current 60K offers came out, so some of the info doesn't apply right now, but you'll get the gist.
This is what I did yesterday. Chrome the first time and Internet explorer the second. I spaced the apps around 45 minutes apart only because I was trying to decide on a strategy!

Since I *just* (days ago) canceled my SW Plus, I have to apply for a Premier and a Business (have a small business selling on amazon. Nothing huge but I can confirm steady income on sales).
Do you know if there is a recommended order when applying for these two? Premier first or Business first?

Related topic: I joined the wine club through my RR acct. You get 2000 RR points for signing up and getting the first shipment. First shipment is 15 bottles of wine total. With the wine, shipping and tax the total came to $96. That's $6 and change per bottle. So we may not like every bottle but... I figure we spend more than that when pull random bottles off the shelf of Total Wine and say "Lets try this" Some of those we don't end up liking either. The 2000 RR points is a nice bonus!
I don't know about a specific strategy for the personal/business combo, sorry!

I got rejected for the BankAmericard Cash Rewards card (even though we have all our money and 2 CC with BoA) and the Barclay Ring application went to "review". The only other CC I have applied to in over 5 years was the Disney Chase and that was approved right away.

Those student loans are killing me :sad:

I got rejected for the BankAmericard Cash Rewards card (even though we have all our money and 2 CC with BoA) and the Barclay Ring application went to "review". The only other CC I have applied to in over 5 years was the Disney Chase and that was approved right away.

So sorry. Check your credit scores & credit report. Maybe there is an error in your report holding you back.

Oh, I'm sorry. Definitely agree with @CyndiLouWho to check your credit report to see if there are any issues and how you could bring up your score. The upside to this is it seems you're still 0/24 when it comes to Chase!

Where did you find the promo for the wine cLub? I agree, that's a great price

Where did you find the promo for the wine cLub? I agree, that's a great price
OK it's a bit hard to find. I went to the SW home page. Clicked on "Rapid Rewards" top, right. A white pop up box appears. In that box, under "Manage", 3rd selection down is "Promotions". That takes you to the Promotions page and it should be listed there along with others like car rental, etc

DH applied for the (disappearing) Citi Hilton card with two free weekend nights after $2500 spend in 4 months and a $95 annual fee. You also get Hilton gold status which is good as I'm not sure I'll be renewing my Platinum card. He got a pending message. Will be surprised if he gets denied as Citi sends him mail EVERY week. We plan to use at a Waldorf Astoria.

We have a Citi Home Depot card with an impeccable payment history. I am not applying for any more personal cards until later in the year, although I did add myself as an authorized user on this app. Looking into business cards, maybe the Marriot Business or Amex Blue for Business.

DH applied for the (disappearing) Citi Hilton card with two free weekend nights after $2500 spend in 4 months and a $95 annual fee. You also get Hilton gold status which is good as I'm not sure I'll be renewing my Platinum card. He got a pending message. Will be surprised if he gets denied as Citi sends him mail EVERY week. We plan to use at a Waldorf Astoria.
If I didn't just take on a $5K minimum spend on the CIP I'd be jumping all over this.

DH earned the companion pass earlier this year and we have not received a card of any kind. Is this a problem? we will be using the free ticket for the first time at the end of July.
Not a problem from what I have heard and read but I received my CP card about a week after my points posted.

OMG, I was approved! I have been all knotted up about my recon call all weekend, feeling like I had possibly jeopardized my relationship with Chase. I was actually considering withdrawing my application if it was still pending this morning and waiting until my LLC is up and running to have actual numbers I could back up. I called the status line one more time to check before I talked to a rep and it said, "Congratulations, you've been approved!" Totally shocked. Now I'm going to be paranoid using it for anything besides shipping fees, and yet I'm going to have to pay my mortgage via Plastiq a couple of times to meet the min spend. I realize I'm probably overreacting, but this process has not helped my anxiety levels. :)
Fabulous, I did not think you were going to have an issue but I agree it is stressful.

For those of us working on the SW CP, if we meet the MS in the first month, will we get the companion pass early, or do we have to wait until the end of the 3 months regardless?
That was my experience, I got it as soon as the cc cycle posted after the spend was satisfied.

If I didn't just take on a $5K minimum spend on the CIP I'd be jumping all over this.
I just finished the spend for the United (70k pnts). I had SW business and personal last month followed immediately by United. My plan and goal was to apply for CIP asap but I'm kind of exhausted with the grind right now. Hopefully the bonus will still be around in a couple of weeks and I will be ready to get at it again, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter