I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question for the experts on the American Express offers: Is the amount required to get the offer pre-tax? For example, I have a Container Store offer for spend $150 get $30. Trying to justify a big Container Store spend . . . our sales tax is 8.25%, so really I would "only" have to buy $139 worth, which would be $150.47 with tax. Is this correct?

A question for the experts on the American Express offers: Is the amount required to get the offer pre-tax? For example, I have a Container Store offer for spend $150 get $30. Trying to justify a big Container Store spend . . . our sales tax is 8.25%, so really I would "only" have to buy $139 worth, which would be $150.47 with tax. Is this correct?

As long as the final amount (tax included) meets the minimum spend amount, you'll trigger the Amex offer.

As long as the final amount (tax included) meets the minimum spend amount, you'll trigger the Amex offer.

Thanks - DH just observed that what I really should do is buy a $150 gift card and then use the the gift card to make the purchase, that way I get the $30 even if I don't spend $139 today. I think DH under-estimates how much I can spend at the Container Store in one trip, but the gift card option does mean that I won't be having to run the math the whole time I am there.

Has anyone done flights with multiple airlines. I understood it was risky as if one flight is delayed, you have no recourse if you miss the second since they are different airlines.
Correct. I wouldn't risk it unless spending a day between flights. Last minute tickets to your final destination if u miss the flight could easily blow all your initial savings. AND if you miss the first flight I think most airlines can cancel the rest of your trip so you would also have to purchase your return tickets again.

Thanks - DH just observed that what I really should do is buy a $150 gift card and then use the the gift card to make the purchase, that way I get the $30 even if I don't spend $139 today. I think DH under-estimates how much I can spend at the Container Store in one trip, but the gift card option does mean that I won't be having to run the math the whole time I am there.

That works too!

container store stuff is expensive, im sure u will have no problem spending $150. :] I dont think amex would know how much ur actually spending at the container store and tax is different for everyone. Unless the get L3 data from them...

I'm 4/24 and want 1 last Chase card before starting to apply for other cards. I have Freedom Unlimited & CSR. I'm thinking the CSP 50,000 UR bonus + annual fee waived is my best bet right now. (I intend to keep my CSR so I will transfer the bonus points from CSP to CSR & close CSP before the annual fee hits.) Sound like a solid plan?
Yes, that is a really good plan. General consensus is to get the Chase cards while still under 5/24. You can then move on to the Barclaycard and AMEX. This has turned into a really fun hobby for me since I started last August. Have fun!

I'm 4/24 and want 1 last Chase card before starting to apply for other cards. I have Freedom Unlimited & CSR. I'm thinking the CSP 50,000 UR bonus + annual fee waived is my best bet right now. (I intend to keep my CSR so I will transfer the bonus points from CSP to CSR & close CSP before the annual fee hits.) Sound like a solid plan?

at 4/24, you can go for 2 chase cards at once!

I was looking at the Disney resorts through the chase ur rewards site and all star music is $138 a night or 11,000 points per night. Is that a good deal?

I was looking at the Disney resorts through the chase ur rewards site and all star music is $138 a night or 11,000 points per night. Is that a good deal?
Look at the same night on Disney's website. Prices vary by date/season. I was looking in March and could see POP for under 10k points per night.

Depends on the time of year. We are going in Sept and it was less than that when I was booking. We are staying somewhere else but I was comparing all options.

Getting frustrated trying to get my resort conf#. Nothing from my UR email works in MDE. I called chase but they have nothing else to provide. I am on hold with Disney now but not optimistic. Our FP booking is going to open in just a couple days. I need this number!

Look at the same night on Disney's website. Prices vary by date/season. I was looking in March and could see POP for under 10k points per night.

Depends on the time of year. We are going in Sept and it was less than that when I was booking. We are staying somewhere else but I was comparing all options.

This was mid-Sept. Same dates on Disney's site $114 night but that's with the ap discount.

I guess what I'm asking is how much are points actually worth in dollars?

This was mid-Sept. Same dates on Disney's site $114 night but that's with the ap discount.

I guess what I'm asking is how much are points actually worth in dollars?

It will depend on what card you have the points on as to the redemption rate. CSR redeems at 1.5x and CSP or CIP at 1.2x. The above numbers you gave of 11,000 points per night is the equivalent of $110 a night. Does that help? Not sure if I am answering your question.

It will depend on what card you have the points on as to the redemption rate. CSR redeems at 1.5x and CSP or CIP at 1.2x. The above numbers you gave of 11,000 points per night is the equivalent of $110 a night. Does that help? Not sure if I am answering your question.
Yes! Thank you :) that's what I was trying to figure out. This is the first time I'll be redeeming points and I was afraid of making a dumb mistake.

Getting frustrated trying to get my resort conf#. Nothing from my UR email works in MDE. I called chase but they have nothing else to provide. I am on hold with Disney now but not optimistic. Our FP booking is going to open in just a couple days. I need this number!
i know @mhartman09 had this issue before. Try asking Chase for vendor confirmation number?
Just wanted to post an update for anyone looking to redeem UR points to book a Disney hotel. Last time I did this I had to call Chase to get the "vendor confirmation number" as the confirmation number on the email I received from Chase confirming my trip was not recognized by Disney. Once I had that number I had to call Disney and have them convert that to a Disney booking number to link in MDE.

This time around, I figured I'd at least try entering the hotel confirmation number shown on my confirmation email from Chase. The Disney site accepted it and is showing the reservation details. Looks like they may have updated something in the UR portal so this time I had immediate access to the correct number. Definitely less calls to make this time around. That makes me very happy!

i know @mhartman09 had this issue before. Try asking Chase for vendor confirmation number?

Thanks! I couldn't remember who had posted about it so thanks for sharing that. I finally got the vendor conf# from Chase. That still doesn't work in MDE so I guess I need to call Disney again. I've spent about an hour on the phone so far but still worth it for free rooms :)

And I just spent another 30 mins on the phone with Disney. They do not recognize the vendor conf number. Not sure what else to do. The guy from Chase said the reservation would show up in Disney's system 24-36 hours before check-in. That ain't gonna work :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter