I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? My support link for the Delta Gold Biz is saying 5.16? I wanna make sure I can wait since I want my SO to get this card too and with the 19k in spend from the SPGx2 and the CIP I want to wait as long as possible lol.
There are no guarantees but this is what the links say and is consistent with Amex Delta offers from the past. They stay live for a month or two after the public offers disappear. Idk why. The no guarantee is Amex can pull the offer whenever they want- but I can't remember the last time they did that so I personally would not be concerned about that.

Really? My support link for the Delta Gold Biz is saying 5.16? I wanna make sure I can wait since I want my SO to get this card too and with the 19k in spend from the SPGx2 and the CIP I want to wait as long as possible lol.

I saw that date somewhere. Maybe it's the public offer??

There are no guarantees but this is what the links say and is consistent with Amex Delta offers from the past. They stay live for a month or two after the public offers disappear. Idk why. The no guarantee is Amex can pull the offer whenever they want- but I can't remember the last time they did that so I personally would not be concerned about that.

Thanks! I have to gamble and hope that it is still there in May.

Yeah. I just saw that’s the public offer. Really hoping my link will stay until May so I can get SO this card.

Yeah. I just saw that’s the public offer. Really hoping my link will stay until May so I can get SO this card.

I just checked my support link too and mine also says 5/16. Hopefully it stays up til then for your SO. I think all my spend will be on the SPG biz over next 3 mos; otherwise, I'd jump on the card for my dh too.

@Ngwira @Judique

I'll be sure to report back in with some pictures :) We transferred 36k UR points to Hyatt for 3 nights, cash price was around $800 for the 3 nights. The cash plus points option sounds awesome, I might have to investigate... I don't remember seeing it for our dates but I got frustrated trying to book - I didn't have a Hyatt account so made it in my new married name, but Chase accounts don't have the new name yet so I could transfer the points. So I had to make a Hyatt account for DH and do it through his account.

I've been haunting the Hyatt site for every city in the country, just about, as I'm trying to figure out what the points will be for the new Hyatt near my beach.

Hyatt's points look like a great deal over all. The value seems to be there. I haven't seen a lot of cash and points deals but some of them are awesome. Such as 12k for a room or 6K plus $75 for a $300 room. No brainer. The only weird pricing I see is the Club pricing - it is not in line with the $ values.
I look at the Hyatt points for the Hyatt product as being similar to SPG pricing but better, so a good deal for hotels.

All that said I've only stayed Hyatt in Philadelphia many years ago on a Priceline bid where I took the kids to see the Liberty Bell and all that history stuff <g>. I really liked that when I checked in they handed me a glass of wine! Got a huge room and was in the perfect location. Oh wait - I did stay in a dumpy, smoky Hyatt in NYC one time next to Grand Central ....blocked that from my mind!

So, I'm looking forward to making new Hyatt memories with sand on my feet.....

I'm the same way! It's a much more accomplished feeling when I turn over free GC and get that Disney (or whatever) money. Even when I cash out for PayPal and then buy the gift card to get the points or discount on top, I know it's a better deal but it's not the same. Creative accounting just doesn't have the same rush. :)

I totally didn't realize the points posted already! I figured it would be delayed like the SW program, that takes up to 6 weeks before you get your RR from the survey's. Since the two companies that run the programs are part of the same corporation now I thought they'd have similar practices, I guess not yet. Little torn, I hate the SSI survey model IHG is using, but getting the points pretty instantly is a plus. I might give it a go again, until they annoy me again, and then after awhile when I've cooled off, repeat :)

I'd suggest set the timer on them and take whatever you get in 20-30 minutes or less. Otherwise it's too time consuming. And I'm getting trickier with them: one of the surveys is about which tv program you watched last night. Well, since I'm home the tv is just on - all the time - whether i'm watching or not. So at first I clicked off every show I even noticed. Now I pick 1 show and hit continue. They tend to give me the points much faster and sometimes without actually doing a survey. Okay with me. I've also done the same survey more than once.....seems disorganized but the points came so whatever.

I am seeing 4/11/18 as the date the offer ends, not May.

That is correct for the Delta offers.

I just checked my support link too and mine also says 5/16. Hopefully it stays up til then for your SO. I think all my spend will be on the SPG biz over next 3 mos; otherwise, I'd jump on the card for my dh too.
Pay no attention to those public offer expiration dates people!! SUPPORT links are where it’s at :D and yes they are good thru 5/16!

I got the Amex Delta Gold in Oct and then the Amex SPG Biz in Jan. I feel like I should be ok going for the SPG personal now or am I asking for a financial review here? (99% sure this is Amex so credit cards = candy but... my spending wasn’t legit so I don’t want a review if it’s a known risk I might pass on this.) Gah! Idk on this, I feel i should do it before the card disappears but I don’t want to mess up what i have right now. Thoughts?
I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a report of a FR caused by “running too fast” with AMEX. seems to me those are usually from high levels of MS activity or cycling credit limits...I could be wrong tho. I personally have hammered AMEX with new cards and had no negative repurcussions.

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a report of a FR caused by “running too fast” with AMEX. seems to me those are usually from high levels of MS activity or cycling credit limits...I could be wrong tho. I personally have hammered AMEX with new cards and had no negative repurcussions.

yeah, ive been a little worried. Hitting the 5k spendings twice on my SPG personal for the extra 5k points... im up to 6k in the past month but they are mostly organic + plastiq rent payment...
5k did show up in the Amex side though... considered that the past 2-3 months, i barely put anything onto the card, makes me worry about a FR.

Since Hyatt is being discussed, I need some advice, everyone. I’m thinking of diverting from my plans with Chase because we’ll be staying at a Hyatt in Cleveland at the beginning of May and it got me thinking about the Chase Hyatt card. Here are my current stats and thoughts. Don’t judge me for the Amazon card, it was 2016 BC (Before Churning).

Me:
1/24 Amazon: 07/15/16
2/24 Southwest Premier: 12/21/16
3/24 Southwest Plus: 12/21/16
4/24 CSR: 02/17/17
X/24 CIP: 06/05/17
5/24 SPG Personal: 07/21/17
X/24 SPG Biz: 01/14/18

DH:
1/24 CFU (PCed from CSP): 05/12/16
2/24 CSP (PCed from CSR): 09/07/16
3/24 Hilton Honors: 11/14/16
4/24 SPG Personal: 03/31/17
5/24 Amex BCP: 08/02/17

Current Plan:
End of May: Refer DH for CIP, after his CFU drops off but before my AF hits
Beginning of June: PC my CIP to CIC
End of 2018: Apply for both SW cards for DH, to get the CP for 2019-2020

Now I’m looking at the Hyatt card for DH in May. It isn’t subject to 5/24, and we amazingly haven’t gotten him a new card since August, so I’m not too concerned about approval, aside from the ridiculous amount of credit Chase has already extended him.

Pros:
-40,000 Signup Bonus Points
-Discoverist Status
-He may be able to switch his work-related hotel stays from Hilton to Hyatt, earning extra points on his stays with Discoverist status (he can’t book work travel on a personal card though)

Cons:
-He will be 5/24 until September
-We won’t be able to take advantage of my CIP referral unless I keep it for another year and pay the AF

So, do you think the Hyatt card is worth it?

Okay - I'm torn.

Older daughter sent me the link for the SPG Biz. Of course I would LOVE to stash those SPG points away.
I need a new roof. But I haven't called for estimates yet. So I have no idea who is going to take Amex.

I really DON"T want to start this project yet.

Question: Can you get the Marriott biz when you are 5/24?

I might be able to time this to get both cards on the one project....I go to 4/24 after July. So that's probably too late for 1 project/2 cards.

Edit to say: I can forego the 'bonus' business card points and just go for both cards at the same time later this year. That would end up being a really easy 50K spg...

My experience transferring DL miles between DL accounts: in order to snag our flights last night we used DL miles in a couple different family member's accounts to get everyone's flights. One account was 1,000 miles shy of being able to book and we needed to transfer 1,000 miles to them. $10 for the 1,000 miles + $30 "transfer fee" gave DL their bloodsucking money as it was the cheapest option to get them the 950 miles they were short. The transfer was instant, just needed the names, sky miles numbers and emails. I wanted to grab the flights while they were at that price so time was of the essence, DL fine print says it should be instant but in limited cases it can take up to 24 hours. Logged out of the account they needed 1,000 miles in and logged back in and the miles were there.

(Other options I considered: transfer MR (I basically have no MR right now so no go), transfer SPG points (yeah, no. they only needed 1,000 miles and SPG has min transfer reqs and it can take days for the transfers to go through and then the value...), purchase 1,000 miles ($70), points + cash fare (for 5,000 miles less but $200+ more per person we could book the flight- ROFL!). So we did the $0.01/per mile plus $30 transfer fee option for $40.

Okay - I'm torn.

Older daughter sent me the link for the SPG Biz. Of course I would LOVE to stash those SPG points away.
I need a new roof. But I haven't called for estimates yet. So I have no idea who is going to take Amex.

I might be able to time this to get both cards on the one project....I go to 4/24 after July. So that's probably too late for 1 project/2 cards.

I'm fairly certain you can get Marriott biz if you are over 5/24, AND that it does not count towards 5/24 (as with other business cards). You might run a search on DoC and check that, but I'm pretty sure that's why I got the card.

Okay - I'm torn.

I have no doubt you love your daughter but your finances/well-being come first. If you're not ready to start the project it's not time to get the credit card unless you can cover the MSR another way.

Yes

(Post refers to the Anaheim Hyatt)

I'll be looking for a little report from you all! Daughter wants to go to Disneyland. It's got to be either hotel points or DVC. And Southwest points! I've got SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, IHG, Raddisson Rewards and will probably have Wyndham by then as I'm going to sign up for their program and try to book two nights to get the bonus they have right now. Oh and a teeny bit of Hilton but not worth talking about right now...lets say I'm diversified!
Sure thing!

@Ngwira @Judique

I'll be sure to report back in with some pictures :) We transferred 36k UR points to Hyatt for 3 nights, cash price was around $800 for the 3 nights. The cash plus points option sounds awesome, I might have to investigate... I don't remember seeing it for our dates but I got frustrated trying to book - I didn't have a Hyatt account so made it in my new married name, but Chase accounts don't have the new name yet so I could transfer the points. So I had to make a Hyatt account for DH and do it through his account.
Availability of cash and points for this particular property is very limited. I literally stalked the website 13 months out and booked each night individually to make sure I was able to secure it for the 5 nights of our trip. I then called WOH and had them cancel the individual bookings and combine all into one booking. There are two other Hyatts near Disneyland-Hyatt Place and Hyatt Regency (both are farther away from DL though and require a paid shuttle). I saw points plus cash availability for both properties 13 months out. We are going Spring Break/Easter 2019 so if interested-book now. I'm pretty sure the cash plus points rate will disappear quick.

I picked Hyatt House over the fancier Hyatt Regency because of the free breakfast and ability to walk to DL. I also like that I was able to secure two queen beds on a cash and points rate instead of a king and pull out sofa bed.

I have no doubt you love your daughter but your finances/well-being come first. If you're not ready to start the project it's not time to get the credit card unless you can cover the MSR another way.

Yes

LOL, yes - I love her! But rest assured I will make the best decision for me with respect to a credit card sign up. If this link dies she can always send me the next one and also for the Marriott biz if there is a link for that.
I have the cash for the project in a 'roof' account - you know how some people have emergency accounts, etc? I am the queen of those little accounts! It's just that I like to keep the money as long as I can, but there is enough there to cover the spend on both cards.
I even keep a separate account to pay bills that only get paid twice a year such as car insurance and 4 times a year such as the water bill. That way I move cash from my checking deposits once a month to cover each anticipated expense. All done online of course.

After the CIP is done, I am not sure what I want to do. I was thinking of holding off to get a SW companion pass for 2019/2020 (to help with our 2019 WDW trip), but SW flights to Orlando all have a connection from our airport. Delta has nonstop and with a 17 month old, I feel like nonstop would be much better. I can book the flights next month. I have enough Delta points for 3 round trip tickets to Orlando, but it would wipe out most of what I have saved. Wondering if I should think about a Delta card, since it would also get us free checked bags too.

We are in the same boat with Delta vs SW at our airport. Traveling with our toddler, we value nonstop flights as well so I haven't been tempted by the SW CP. I wish it would work for us!

I am thinking of one of the Delta business cards as my next card to replace the Gold Personal (which I will cancel soon to avoid the annual fee). We got the value out of that card (statement credit, flight, and free bags for 10+ flights all from a single flight purchase that covered our minimum spend) so that has convinced me to go for another one.

Availability of cash and points for this particular property is very limited. I literally stalked the website 13 months out and booked each night individually to make sure I was able to secure it for the 5 nights of our trip. I then called WOH and had them cancel the individual bookings and combine all into one booking. There are two other Hyatts near Disneyland-Hyatt Place and Hyatt Regency (both are farther away from DL though and require a paid shuttle). I saw points plus cash availability for both properties 13 months out. We are going Spring Break/Easter 2019 so if interested-book now. I'm pretty sure the cash plus points rate will disappear quick.

I picked Hyatt House over the fancier Hyatt Regency because of the free breakfast and ability to walk to DL. I also like that I was able to secure two queen beds on a cash and points rate instead of a king and pull out sofa bed.
Breakfast and the walk is why I picked it too :) I only booked our room a month or two ago, so that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter