I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the CIP in hand now I'm looking at Plastiq a little closer. I've googled to see whether there are any prohibitions to health care premiums, but I didn't see anything. It seems strange that these type of payments wouldn't be specifically called out, but just wanted to check and see whether any of you use plastiq for them. Also, anyone have any problems with club payments? I'm thinking about trying that as well for our country club but I was curious as to whether they would code as something that would be reimbursed 3x on the CIP. Is the only way to tell to do a small payment first (after the small MC payment to make sure it doesn't do a cash advance?). Thanks Lain for the great write up on dischurners.

Please tell me you didn’t already apply for the HA card! You can usually trigger a higher 50k HawaiianMiles offer by making a dummy booking on the HA website

Unless I just didn't get far enough in the dummy booking, I couldn't trigger a higher offer. Of course, I'm the only one in the world who was never able to get the Amex Plat incognito 100,000 either. I'm sort of resigned to being higher offer jinxed :sad1:

With the CIP in hand now I'm looking at Plastiq a little closer. I've googled to see whether there are any prohibitions to health care premiums, but I didn't see anything. It seems strange that these type of payments wouldn't be specifically called out, but just wanted to check and see whether any of you use plastiq for them. Also, anyone have any problems with club payments? I'm thinking about trying that as well for our country club but I was curious as to whether they would code as something that would be reimbursed 3x on the CIP. Is the only way to tell to do a small payment first (after the small MC payment to make sure it doesn't do a cash advance?). Thanks Lain for the great write up on dischurners.

I’m not aware of any restrictions on health care premiums or club membership fees (in fact, I think there’s a category specifically for membership fees).

For Visas, I would still request Chase lower the cash advance limit on the CIP to the minimum allowed. But I’ve read that Plastiq has fixed the cash advance issue on Visa cards. Your first payment to a new recipient shouldn’t code as a cash advance anymore. (You would receive a warning before submitting the payment if it does.)

Currently, as far as I’m aware, all payments using through Plastiq are coding 3x on CIP. (3x points from my payment yesterday is already showing pending on my CIP UR portal.)

Last edited:
Unless I just didn't get far enough in the dummy booking, I couldn't trigger a higher offer. Of course, I'm the only one in the world who was never able to get the Amex Plat incognito 100,000 either. I'm sort of resigned to being higher offer jinxed :sad1:

I tried over and over and could not get that Amex Plat 100k either :(

i met my amex spg personal msr with healthcare premium via plastiq. points came in no problem

Hold off on applying if you haven’t already. Let me see if I can fiddle around with it later.

I tried over and over and could not get that Amex Plat 100k either :(
Me 3! I try repeatedly for both myself and my husband every time the targeted offers come around and nada. My dad, on the other hand, who has worse credit and more debt than us got it via card match just like that. Sad day.... For me anyway. Ha ha.

Hold off on applying if you haven’t already. Let me see if I can fiddle around with it later.

Thanks, but I did apply after going all the way to entering name/etc on dummy booking. It's truly okay; I am just doomed to have the lower end rewards.

Thanks, but I did apply after going all the way to entering name/etc on dummy booking. It's truly okay; I am just doomed to have the lower end rewards.

:flower3: My sympathies.

P.S. I couldn’t for the life of me ever get myself targeted for the 100k MR Platinum offer, so I eventually settled for 75k. Nor the 70k UA miles offer on the MPE all last summer. So I understand the frustration.

I got a code too. 30% off.

Yup. Actually some really great deals for Contemporary and Boardwalk on there. We'll be going in November though, so no summer trip too. Plus, we got VERY lucky with crowds and weather during our August trip last year, and I don't think I could get that lucky a second time!

Hmm, I got the 100k MR offer and I didn't do it. I figured it was pretty easy to get. Just wasn't a good time for me. And I am still not sure about the MRs. I am ok going slow for now and sticking with URs and just now branched into the SPG points.

Yup. Actually some really great deals for Contemporary and Boardwalk on there. We'll be going in November though, so no summer trip too. Plus, we got VERY lucky with crowds and weather during our August trip last year, and I don't think I could get that lucky a second time!

Yeah, I wish I could take advantage. Maybe they will send you a pin code as your dates get closer. I also got a pin code for a stay in May a few weeks ago.

I don’t think the summer is a bad time to go. My trips in June I was able to get most rides for an instant fastpass. My last trip in November during food and wine was insane. I used maybe five fastpasses a day. In June I was booking rides back to back all day.

I think summer is the new low time (besides Sept and Jan). July and August seem to be seeing much lower crowds the last couple of years.

:flower3: My sympathies.

P.S. I couldn’t for the life of me ever get myself targeted for the 100k MR Platinum offer, so I eventually settled for 75k. Nor the 70k UA miles offer on the MPE all last summer. So I understand the frustration.
Stupid 50k with no AF waived offer all last summer is what pushed me over the 5/24 edge. If that was all they were going to offer I decided to CSP my 5/24 slot, forget the MPE and hit the CC bonus road!

I’m not aware of any restrictions on health care premiums or club membership fees (in fact, I think there’s a category specifically for membership fees).

For Visas, I would still request Chase lower the cash advance limit on the CIP to the minimum allowed. But I’ve read that Plastiq has fixed the cash advance issue on Visa cards. Your first payment to a new recipient shouldn’t code as a cash advance anymore. (You would receive a warning before submitting the payment if it does.)

Currently, as far as I’m aware, all payments using through Plastiq are coding 3x on CIP. (3x points from my payment yesterday is already showing pending on my CIP UR portal.)

i met my amex spg personal msr with healthcare premium via plastiq. points came in no problem

Awesome! Thank you both for the DPs and follow up. This is great. I'll be giving it a shot on both for the next bills (after asking to lower the cash advance just in case). Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter