I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Points.com!!

Today I got an email from IHG with the usual promos that I rarely can use, but I scrolled through anyway and saw 'buy more points'.

They are offering double points for IHG until midnite tonight and you may all have seen this somewhere but I didn't.

So, I'm busy scrolling on points.com until I realize that when you get to 'buy 30,000 points, get 30,000 points' the rate drops to $10 per thousand for the buy, meaning with the 'get' they are now $5 per thousand. I think that is the least expensive I have ever seen IHG points, ever, and I've watched this for many years.

So, $300 for 60,000 IHG points. The $5 per thousand starts at the buy 26,000 level (total 52k for $260)

Where this gets to be 'good' is when you are trying to book the beach in July (Ocean City, Md - $300 plus for a Holiday Inn Express or $150 in points value) or New York City in December for around Xmas, etc. The Intercontinental Times Square is over $500 a night plus fees, 70K points or $350 all in for points.

Those of you who use IHG will understand. Hope I haven't confused anybody. I probably wouldn't buy these points to stay at a $100 a night HI Express. It just makes sense to me when you are going to pay for the more expensive time frames.
I need ihg points for the Palazzo. But I’m pretty sure I can get it for under $300 a night. The rate is 60,000 ihg points and you still pay the resort fee of $50 no matter what.

I need ihg points for the Palazzo. But I’m pretty sure I can get it for under $300 a night. The rate is 60,000 ihg points and you still pay the resort fee of $50 no matter what.

Then either using a 'free night' or cash is probably your best option. Buying points only makes sense to me if I am spending more in cash than I would buying the points.

My dh got an email offer on the SW Plus for 50k plus $100 statement credit. I took a glance at the Reddit thread and didn't see any support links with the statement credit. Is that correct?

I think the offers with statement credits are targeted. That's better than what hubby picked up in Dec which was 40k plus the $100 credit.... maybe we should have waited for the extra 10k :laughing:

I guess I can't cut and paste it to you, huh??
Entirely possible I even typed in the address that I saw in your screenshot word for word :sad2:. I figured I'd try my phone and try my phone on LTE and another computer but since none of them brought it up it is obviously not meant to be for today for me! I'll keep checking this week!

I recently applied for and received a new CIP and have a couple of questions for you experts. I looked over the reading material that came with the card and nowhere does it mention the 80K sign up bonus. It's kind of freaking me out. I used someone's referral.

Also, I started using the card immediately, and set up the account online and, for some reason, it doesn't show any detail for my account transactions. It does show detail for the pending transactions but, for the current balance, it just shows the total. I don't want to call Chase. I did send a SM but, from their reply, it sounds like it should be obvious. It isn't.

Finally, one of the items I paid was my cell phone bill so I was expecting it to hit the 3X category. Does that show somewhere online?

I recently applied for and received a new CIP and have a couple of questions for you experts. I looked over the reading material that came with the card and nowhere does it mention the 80K sign up bonus. It's kind of freaking me out. I used someone's referral.

Also, I started using the card immediately, and set up the account online and, for some reason, it doesn't show any detail for my account transactions. It does show detail for the pending transactions but, for the current balance, it just shows the total. I don't want to call Chase. I did send a SM but, from their reply, it sounds like it should be obvious. It isn't.

Finally, one of the items I paid was my cell phone bill so I was expecting it to hit the 3X category. Does that show somewhere online?
-SM Chase asking by what date you need to complete your spend to get your bonus. This should result in an SM saying "to get X points you must complete X spend by X date"

-Ink purchases disappear into the ether for a couple days sometimes between pending and purchased. Been like that for a long time apparently.

-Go to Ultimate Rewards from your login (even though it will show a 0 balance), click review activity on the left side under your pending points there and you will see exactly how many points will be rewarded for each transaction. Transactions will show there once they have posted.

Rewards certificates are coupons, so hand that in before they total it up - can even hand it off first thing... well second maybe after SB code :). The savings codes are gift cards (but since they have an expiration date sooner than 5 years I'm pretty sure that's why they call them savings codes rather than GC's) so use them and the gift cards when it's time to pay.
Can the BestBuy Certificates be used for gift cards (Disney)? I have $30 from a TV I bought several months back.

Thinking about getting in on this UR to Hyatt points thing... considering Hyatt Place Orlando Airport for our first night. We hit the ground close to midnight local time so I'm thinking 24/7 food and free shuttle would be good and I've liked the chain in the past. Thought about the airport Hyatt but we'll have 2 rooms making Place 8K UR less and I strongly suspect dinner will be cheaper at Hyatt Place... anyone stayed at this one by chance? I'm a bit hesitant but 16K UR for 2 rooms looks like a great deal and I don't want to loose it- but if I cancel I'm stuck with Hyatt points. 8K UR/night/room sound like a good rate to anyone more familiar with the hotel situation there?

1. Send a SM to Chase asking them to confirm you have the 80,000 Ultimate Rewards points signup bonus after you spend $5,000 in 3 months offer attached to your account. Also ask by what date you need to complete the spending requirement. Chase should be able to confirm this for you, and it’s to your benefit to have this in writing.

2. The Chase business website is very wonky. Transactions can take a while to show as pending, then may disappear for a few days, before finally posting. I’d recommend checking the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal site instead, logging in with your CIP’s account credentials. The CIP site will show points pending usually within a day, and the transaction that earned those points will show up under the recent activity link shortly afterwards.

3. Again, log into the UR portal site for your CIP, click on the link under your available points/pending points for more activity (or something like that). That should pull up most, if not all, of your recent activity, how much was charged, and how many points were earned for each transaction. If your transaction qualified under a bonus category, you should see the points reflect a 3x multiplier.

Hope this helps!

ETA: @gottalovepluto beat me to it. Started typing this reply as I was waiting for my fur baby at the vet’s office, but didn’t finish before gottalovepluto already have great advice.

Is there any chance I got a bad referral and my CIP card does not have a sign up bonus?
No, that's not a thing I've ever seen! Send the SM asking by what day you need to complete the spend, it always gives me much peace of mind to see their confirmation of the bonus amount and the date I have to meet the spend by! I actually did that with every Chase card I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter