I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any chance I got a bad referral and my CIP card does not have a sign up bonus?

Unlikely. Your referer would’ve had to generate a link through Chase, which should contain the 80k bonus.

If however unlikely you don’t have that bonus attached to your account, you could request Chase match the public and referral offer of 80k.

Thinking about getting in on this UR to Hyatt points thing... considering Hyatt Place Orlando Airport for our first night. We hit the ground close to midnight local time so I'm thinking 24/7 food and free shuttle would be good and I've liked the chain in the past. Thought about the airport Hyatt but we'll have 2 rooms making Place 8K UR less and I strongly suspect dinner will be cheaper at Hyatt Place... anyone stayed at this one by chance? I'm a bit hesitant but 16K UR for 2 rooms looks like a great deal and I don't want to loose it- but if I cancel I'm stuck with Hyatt points. 8K UR/night/room sound like a good rate to anyone more familiar with the hotel situation there?

Debating this same thing. Dh and I are headed to Orlando (no WDW) in April and we land late-11pm- and then we fly out early on our return. Really considering staying the two nights at the mco Hyatt but it’s 12k each night vs 8k at the Hyatt place. Never stayed at either!

ETA: I already booked one of our nights at 12k so I now have 12K in Hyatt. It would cost us more to pick up the car early since I booked it for the next day, when we were originally flying in. But we decided to go in the night before so I think for that night, staying at the airport makes sense and is worth the extra 4k points. Just not sure on the last night.

Last edited:
Can the BestBuy Certificates be used for gift cards (Disney)? I have $30 from a TV I bought several months back.
Are you talking about the rewards certificates earned using your B.B. rewards card? If so, I could not use mine last week on a Disney gift card. System would not allow it.

I recently applied for and received a new CIP and have a couple of questions for you experts. I looked over the reading material that came with the card and nowhere does it mention the 80K sign up bonus. It's kind of freaking me out. I used someone's referral.

Also, I started using the card immediately, and set up the account online and, for some reason, it doesn't show any detail for my account transactions. It does show detail for the pending transactions but, for the current balance, it just shows the total. I don't want to call Chase. I did send a SM but, from their reply, it sounds like it should be obvious. It isn't.

Finally, one of the items I paid was my cell phone bill so I was expecting it to hit the 3X category. Does that show somewhere online?
FYI - Chase (and almost all card issuers for that matter) make NO MENTION of your signup bonus in the welcome package. It’s a standard mailer so there’s is absolutely no reason to let that freak you out.

This thread just moves too fast for me to keep up with everything. Informed delivery showed me that my CIP card will be arriving in the mail today! I will be paying my friend $1150 for the sewing machine and paying $150 in eBay fees as well. Will be a good start towards the minimum, since none of that is out of pocket costs. Hoping to put some work travel on this card as well in the next 3 months.

After the CIP is done, I am not sure what I want to do. I was thinking of holding off to get a SW companion pass for 2019/2020 (to help with our 2019 WDW trip), but SW flights to Orlando all have a connection from our airport. Delta has nonstop and with a 17 month old, I feel like nonstop would be much better. I can book the flights next month. I have enough Delta points for 3 round trip tickets to Orlando, but it would wipe out most of what I have saved. Wondering if I should think about a Delta card, since it would also get us free checked bags too.

Between DH and myself we have 4 active Delta cards. The Platinum cards are nice and a keeper for us because although there is the bigger annual fee I figure it pays for itself with the companion pass. I hate paying annual fees when I don’t have anything to really show for it. I am a Delta hostage because of the multiple non stops all over and specifically to Orlando just make it one of the keeper cards. When you have kids having non stops is ESSENTIAL. My kids are not super little anymore, but I still would go out of my way and even to pay more to do non stop with them. The cards also give you Zone 1 boarding. Getting on earlier (in the assigned seat) is also a nice perk with kids. Keep watching miles/points with Delta. They can fluctuate quite a bit. In my experience I have gotten the non stop round trips at decent times for 20k a ticket but then also seen up to 60k a ticket if it is getting close or the flight is booked.

Since Hyatt is being discussed, I need some advice, everyone. I’m thinking of diverting from my plans with Chase because we’ll be staying at a Hyatt in Cleveland at the beginning of May and it got me thinking about the Chase Hyatt card. Here are my current stats and thoughts. Don’t judge me for the Amazon card, it was 2016 BC (Before Churning).

Me:
1/24 Amazon: 07/15/16
2/24 Southwest Premier: 12/21/16
3/24 Southwest Plus: 12/21/16
4/24 CSR: 02/17/17
X/24 CIP: 06/05/17
5/24 SPG Personal: 07/21/17
X/24 SPG Biz: 01/14/18

DH:
1/24 CFU (PCed from CSP): 05/12/16
2/24 CSP (PCed from CSR): 09/07/16
3/24 Hilton Honors: 11/14/16
4/24 SPG Personal: 03/31/17
5/24 Amex BCP: 08/02/17

Current Plan:
End of May: Refer DH for CIP, after his CFU drops off but before my AF hits
Beginning of June: PC my CIP to CIC
End of 2018: Apply for both SW cards for DH, to get the CP for 2019-2020

Now I’m looking at the Hyatt card for DH in May. It isn’t subject to 5/24, and we amazingly haven’t gotten him a new card since August, so I’m not too concerned about approval, aside from the ridiculous amount of credit Chase has already extended him.

Pros:
-40,000 Signup Bonus Points
-Discoverist Status
-He may be able to switch his work-related hotel stays from Hilton to Hyatt, earning extra points on his stays with Discoverist status (he can’t book work travel on a personal card though)

Cons:
-He will be 5/24 until September
-We won’t be able to take advantage of my CIP referral unless I keep it for another year and pay the AF

So, do you think the Hyatt card is worth it?

I was dumb when I got my Hyatt. It is one the one that put me 5/24. (I had heard it was not subject to 5/24 and stupidly thought it would not count). BUT I like it. I got 2 nights free at the Hyatt Regency in Maui with it. Another pro I would add to your list is the free night every year with the $75 annual fee. As said above I don’t mind annual fees if you get something for it. With the Hyatt you get the free room for a fairly affordable fee.

Can the BestBuy Certificates be used for gift cards (Disney)? I have $30 from a TV I bought several months back.

Are you talking about the rewards certificates earned using your B.B. rewards card? If so, I could not use mine last week on a Disney gift card. System would not allow it.

I used $15 worth of rewards certificates from My Best Buy purchases last week to buy a Disney GC -- no problem. Reward certificates are like coupons; they have to be scanned first, before any other gift cards or savings codes are applied. Otherwise, the system won't accept the reward certificates and your cashier will have to start the transaction over again. Could this have been the problem?

:( I hope that's not the system change someone was told about last month. I've done it a couple times and really that's the only reason I care about rewards points.

Thinking about getting in on this UR to Hyatt points thing... considering Hyatt Place Orlando Airport for our first night. We hit the ground close to midnight local time so I'm thinking 24/7 food and free shuttle would be good and I've liked the chain in the past. Thought about the airport Hyatt but we'll have 2 rooms making Place 8K UR less and I strongly suspect dinner will be cheaper at Hyatt Place... anyone stayed at this one by chance? I'm a bit hesitant but 16K UR for 2 rooms looks like a great deal and I don't want to loose it- but if I cancel I'm stuck with Hyatt points. 8K UR/night/room sound like a good rate to anyone more familiar with the hotel situation there?

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency MCO once (early flight out with D9) and liked it so much that it motivated me to get the Hyatt card in the first place. Never stayed there but the 8000 a night plus breakfast makes it a good deal I think. There is also a Hyatt close to Disney Springs, but it is 12,000 UR. I would open a Hyatt account either way. You can then look at booking through there. I think Hyatt is a great use of UR’s.

Debating this same thing. Dh and I are headed to Orlando (no WDW) in April and we land late-11pm- and then we fly out early on our return. Really considering staying the two nights at the mco Hyatt but it’s 12k each night vs 8k at the Hyatt place. Never stayed at either!

The reason to stay at the Regency MCO I think would be a rental car issue. Do you want to just deal with returning it the night before and then go down for your flight in the morning and thereby alleviate potential stress? That is why I stayed there in the first place. The Regency also had a really cool rooftop pool. Might be a nice place to end your trip together. Little fancier and when you think of it that way 4000 UR isn’t that much.

Last edited:
:( I hope that's not the system change someone was told about last month. I've done it a couple times and really that's the only reason I care about rewards points.

That was probably me. I was told by a cashier at my local Best Buy that I wouldn't be able to use BBY GCs for third-party GCs after February. But, like I said, I had no problem using BBY reward certificates and GCs for a Disney GC last week.

I used $15 worth of rewards certificates from My Best Buy purchases last week to buy a Disney GC -- no problem. Reward certificates are like coupons; they have to be scanned first, before any other gift cards or savings codes are applied. Otherwise, the system won't accept the reward certificates and your cashier will have to start the transaction over again. Could this have been the problem?

That was probably me. I was told by a cashier at my local Best Buy that I wouldn't be able to use BBY GCs for third-party GCs after February. But, like I said, I had no problem using BBY reward certificates and GCs for a Disney GC last week.

I did read that after I posted :) With the Target thing in limbo (hopefully just limbo and not dead) that would have been another crusher. Sometimes cashiers don't always remember correctly what the change is.... like the cashier at target that told me this morning that you could NEVER buy a specialty gift card with a target gift card, since forever. :rolleyes: (although she could have been newish and so maybe it was forever for her, hehe)

The reason to stay at the Regency MCO I think would be a rental car issue. Do you want to just deal with returning it and then go down for your flight in the morning and alleviate potential stress? That is why I stayed there in the first place. The Regency had a really cool rooftop pool. Might be a nice place to end your trip together. Little fancier and when you think of it that way 4000 UR isn’t that much.

Thank you! That is helpful. Yes, it's trying to get across town, return the rental car and then make an early flight. Last time we went through MCO security, it took over an hour and we almost missed our flight. Now, that was on the day MCO was closing due to Irma so that was unique but I am reading MCO TSA horror stories on this board more and more. I'd like to avoid the stress for sure. I'd much rather wake up and take our time.

I hoard my UR's lol! More than money I think. If you ask me, 'would you pay $40 more for a hotel that is nicer and would keep your stress down on the morning you fly?' I'd happily hand over $40. But 4k UR? IDK, I really have to think about it. It's gotta be worth it lol!

You've convinced me though :)

When I was working on my MSR for Citi in the fall, I used it to pay for personal training sessions (sadly I have lost all of 1 pound but my clothes do feel better). Good news-I have completed 200 personal training sessions :D. Bad news...although I'm finishing up part II of my Amex Biz Plat and Amex Biz SPG...my darn gym doesn't take Amex. What to do??? I'm hesitant to hit Chase at all with my 5 (!) cards in November (apparently I was Christmas shopping or planning to a lot?) and 1 personal/2 biz in Feb. So...I went back and forth between BOA AS card and Barclay HI card. Since HI Air flies to both NZ and Australia, and I have a relationship with Barclaycard, HI was the winner. I don't know if a lot of people have this card but I'm excited to put another 180 sessions on the card and earn 35,000 miles for somewhere :) Guess DH might actually get to visit Hawaii again...
Wait HI flies to Australia? Tell me more! I am hoping to get back in 2020 for our 20 year anniversary (that’s where we went for 2 weeks right before they held the Olympics.) I was leaning towards Quantas or United.

Thank you! That is helpful. Yes, it's trying to get across town, return the rental car and then make an early flight. Last time we went through MCO security, it took over an hour and we almost missed our flight. Now, that was on the day MCO was closing due to Irma so that was unique but I am reading MCO TSA horror stories on this board more and more. I'd like to avoid the stress for sure. I'd much rather wake up and take our time.

I hoard my UR's lol! More than money I think. If you ask me, 'would you pay $40 more for a hotel that is nicer and would keep your stress down on the morning you fly?' I'd happily hand over $40. But 4k UR? IDK, I really have to think about it. It's gotta be worth it lol!

You've convinced me though :)
Do you TSA-pre? We just went through 2 weeks ago and flew through the pre-check line. For some reason, every time we are there, pre-check is empty.

Do you TSA-pre? We just went through 2 weeks ago and flew through the pre-check line. For some reason, every time we are there, pre-check is empty.

No, we don't. It has never really been an issue until recently. Both our TX flights last summer and MCO in Sept were really bad getting through security. We flew out to Houston at 6:15 am (so trying to get through security at like 4:30am) and almost same for MCO flight. Both just took FOR.EV.ER. Then coming home was a disaster but then Irma was coming and everyone was fleeing.

Anyone have experience getting an Amex (Spg) AU removed from your credit report. My mom put me on hers last April. She's most likely going to cancel when her AF hits next month. So I prob need to take care of this soon. It didn't look too positive on Doc, said amex was the hardest.
I would dispute them directly with the credit bureaus. I did that for all of my accounts and DH and got them removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter