If you won a Dream Fastpass did you end up using it?

CR Resort Fan 4 Life

DIS Veteran
For those who have been lucky enough to win a Dream Fastpass did you end up using it for the attractions that were listed on it? My Dad and I did not want to use the ones we won at MGM because I thought if we took off the tabs it would not look good anymore, because in my opinion it's a fantastic souvenir and looks better when not used.

We won Dream Fast Passes for Magic Kingdom on 8/7, We did use them. Myself and 2 DS did 7 rides and DH and DD did 5 rides. I have a photo of the kids holding up the fast passes. I do wish I took a photo of it before we broke off the tabs but we have the great memories of the rides. Like Space mountian . We have never rode it before == it was soo cool. I told DS6 that next year, he and I wouldn't be soo scared since we know what to expect. We managed 7 rides in under 5 hours and that included Lunch!

My daughter and I won Dream FPs in February. We never needed to use any of the tabs because everything at MGM was a walk-on that day. I'm glad ours still have the tabs, but I probably would have used them if I needed to.

Yes, we received them at AK on the last day of our trip in March. We immediately hit EE again! Then Dinosaur, then safari...can't remember what else. But we loved it and we used it! We were very excited to win them.

We used ours as well. Well, mostly. The dream fastpasses we won at Epcot weren't all used because Honey I shrunk the audience and Maelstrom rarely require them. In all honesty, I'm not even sure why these two attractions HAVE FP in the first place.

We won ours at AK and used it for Kali River Rapids, Expedition Everest and Dinosaur (we won them getting off the Safari). We gave the ones we didn't use to other guests. My in-laws were with us when we won the fastpasses and gave only used it for Kali River Rapids and gave their two dream fastpasses to a lucky couple.

While they were a nice souvenier (we only kept ds' as a souvenier) we felt better giving them to someone than letting them go to waste (especially 4th of July week!).

YUP!!! We took pics of them all together and then off we went to use our fastpasses!! YIPPPPEEEEEE!! As the parks were packed....we were very glad we had them!!! Since we won them at the MK...we went on Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Jungle Cruise, Mickeys Phillharmagic and two others I can't remember!! But....very exciting none the less!! Thanks DISNEY!!

I haven't won one (yet), but I had already thought that if I did, I wouldn't use it, but keep it as a souvenir.

We won ours at Epcot in December, Christmas week no less, so we used our to ride a few things we wouldn't have otherwise waited in line for, Soarin, Fast Track, can't remember what else, but they were great to have, and we kept them as a souviner. We didn't use all of the tabs.

We won them in AK and used the tabs on the rides we wanted to go in. (I think we skipped Tough to be a Bug and Kali...seeems like there were 3 tabs left. Then I stuck it in my scrapbook when I got home so I would remember my dream forever.:cloud9:

I won a dream fastpass at both Epcot and MGM and I used it both times. I didn't use all the tabs, but even if I did, you'd still have the main card with the date on it and the park you won it at to save as a souvineer. It seems almost less magical to me not to use it at all, Disney magic is meant to be enjoyed, not horded away in some scrapbook.

Are there specific rules that state you HAVE to use the entire fastpass? I thought when you won something, it was yours to do what you wanted with it... :confused3 I didn't realize there were unofficial 'rules' to follow on how one should properly use their 'prize.'

Are there specific rules that state you HAVE to use the entire fastpass? I thought when you won something, it was yours to do what you wanted with it... :confused3
I never said anything like that. My Dad and I choose not to use our Dream Fastpasses becase we thought they would look better like that, so I was wondering if others who won them did the same or decided to use them.

I never said anything like that. My Dad and I choose not to use our Dream Fastpasses becase we thought they would look better like that, so I was wondering if others who won them did the same or decided to use them.

No, you didn't say anything like that. See my other post that states that I too stuck mine in my scrapbook (after we'd used some of the tabs).

to save as a souvineer. It seems almost less magical to me not to use it at all, Disney magic is meant to be enjoyed, not horded away in some scrapbook.
I beg to differ. Not having a Disney trip planned during Year of a Million Dreams let alone being lucky enough to be awarded any, I ended up BUYING some (via eBay) for my scrapbook. Expired ones with all the tabs still on them, of course.

Disney hints: http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Although old non-magnetic tickets purchased for a fraction of what today's admission cost are still valid, it is Disney's policy not to return the old ticket to you when you exchange it for one that fits in the turnstiles. So you have to choose whether to have the old ticket for your scrapbook or have admission to the park using it.

We would have, but we received them on our way out of MK for the last time, so we have them in tact at home. I wish they were good anytime, I would use them this Dec. But, I at least have a nice souvenir.

My mom and I won them in DCA on a Sunday. There was one for Disneyland (which we had done on Saturday) and one for DCA. We didn't use any of the tabs on either one because for one the lines weren't too bad and for two we wanted to keep them as a souviner.

While they were a nice souvenier (we only kept ds' as a souvenier) we felt better giving them to someone than letting them go to waste (especially 4th of July week!).

I agree - I've won many over the year, either while alone or with a friend. Most of them were given away to strangers, so that they could enjoy them instead. Felt better to me than for me to go on an attraction I have been on many times - others are not so lucky to visit as often.

We all got them at MGM on a day with light attendance so that we never needed to use them. Of course it was a good thing as friend's DD9 popped all of her tabs off before anyone noticed! :rotfl2:

We would have gladly used them but the lines were almost non existant and by the time there were lines more than 10 minutes we had a pocket full of FP's for ToT and RnR.

Now, upon leaving, we did consider handing over the Dreamy Passes to someone else, but we all admit to wanting to keep them to ourselves as special souvenirs. Someone in our group mentioned something about "the Precious!", but it IS a great souvenir.

We won ours just a few hours before we had to catch the bus to the airport but we managed to use a few of the tabs, especialy ds&dh who got to ride Rockin Roller Coaster more than once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter