I'm thankful for...MICKEY!!! My Thanksgiving '08 TR!: TR Update, Last Day!

Congrats on getting to the 2nd trimester...not having been pregnant, I don't know what that means exactly, other than the fact that usually it means good things.....

You're actually the first person I've heard someone describe the Candlelight Procession in a way that makes me want to see it. Actually, maybe it's the first time I've actually been interested in going so I was interested in what you had to say. Thanks for the good review.

My belly is starting to show, which is exciting.

I have bought a few maternity shirts and a couple pairs of maternity pants and I can't wait to wear them! Maybe in a few more weeks...

DH and I are getting ready to go to on a road trip this weekend. Our friends are getting married in Northern Minnesota, so we'll leave Thursday evening to begin the 10.5 HOUR DRIVE!!! :scared1: It'll be a LOOONNNGGG drive, but I think all the leaves will be changing as we drive north, so it will be a gorgeous drive. We'll be staying in a resort right on Lake Superior and the pics of the resort make it look wonderful. The actual wedding consists of the ceremony at 10:30 Saturday morning followed by a brunch reception. Then there's a bonfire on the beach that's put on by the resort at 7:30 that evening. How cool is that?!

If I get some good pics, I'll share!

We'll have to have a baby 'pooch' picture, of course, as you get into those maternity clothes. :)

10.5 hours is what it takes for us to get to Disney World. It is a long trip, so be sure to get out and walk often. I'm sure you were planning that anyway, but it's just the MeMom in me giving advice. :goodvibes

I'm sure the resort will be beautiful, and it sounds like a fun day overall. I look forward to seeing pictures.

Take care of yourself and our new DIS baby. Have a great rest of the week!

Hurray for feeling more normal now that you are in your second trimester!

Have fun in Minnesota -- that beach bonfire sounds like a lot of fun!

Thank you!

I think the beach bonfire will be fun. We're going to have to dress WARM though! The forecast is a little chilly!

Glad you're enjoying your pregnancy! The second Trimester is the best! Have a wonderful time in MN - that's where my family is from - it should be beautiful this time of year!

Yes, I am love with this second trimester!

I am really looking forward to MN...I didn't know that your family is from there!

Congrats on getting to the 2nd trimester...not having been pregnant, I don't know what that means exactly, other than the fact that usually it means good things.....

You're actually the first person I've heard someone describe the Candlelight Procession in a way that makes me want to see it. Actually, maybe it's the first time I've actually been interested in going so I was interested in what you had to say. Thanks for the good review.

Thanks!

You should absolutely see the Candlelight Processional if you ever get the chance. I think you would love it.

We'll have to have a baby 'pooch' picture, of course, as you get into those maternity clothes. :)

10.5 hours is what it takes for us to get to Disney World. It is a long trip, so be sure to get out and walk often. I'm sure you were planning that anyway, but it's just the MeMom in me giving advice. :goodvibes

I'm sure the resort will be beautiful, and it sounds like a fun day overall. I look forward to seeing pictures.

Take care of yourself and our new DIS baby. Have a great rest of the week!

Once I feel like it looks like a baby belly and not just a fat belly, I will post pics!

Yes, I am going to have to be sure that we make many pit stops on the way to MN. My doctor said once an hour. That might be a little extreme, but it will definitely be more pit stops than we're used to!

Thanks Juniper for the lovely advice...now if I can ever get down to WDW again during that time of year. For my work, it's a crazy time of year...hard to get away.

When last I left you, we were just leaving the awesome Candlelight Processional. And the glow of the CP had worn off and we were FREEZING again!

WARNING: This update is VERY short on pictures! It was very hard to take pictures with my gloves on, so I didn't take very many at all this evening!

We went off in search of some food and we ended up at my favorite, the Tangierine Cafe. YUM!!! DH and I shared the Schwarma platter with lamb and chicken. It was a teeny bit warmer inside, so we stayed inside and ate our delicious food. :cloud9:

As we ate, we noticed that there were some children digging in the Morocco fountain for money! :scared1: Where were their parents?! :confused3 And the kids were both wearing shorts and t-shirts on such a cold evening. You could not have paid me enough money to dig in that fountain on that cold night! Not that I would ever do that anyways, but you know what I mean. I guess those kids really wanted those pennies!

After the Schwarma platter, DH wanted some good old American apple pie, so we went over to America and got him some apple pie at the restaurant. He said it tasted just like McDonald's apple pie, but that didn't stop him from devouring it! I passed on the apple pie because I had something else on my mind...

School bread! We went to Norway next and met up with my parents and my brother and sister in law. We all got a treat at the bakery. The school bread was delicious as always! Then we jumped in line for Maelstrom, which is still one of my favorites!

After Maelstrom, my parents decided to call it a night and they headed back to Pop. DH decided to head back also as he had an early flight to catch the next morning. There's a long story there, but while we were at Disney World, we were in the middle of preparing for our big move back to Chicago from Phoenix. Well, there was some issue going on with the realtor and changing the house from for sale to for rent and DH was having to deal with it all on the phone. He held it together as long as he could, but then he asked me if I would be okay with him changing his flight to one day earlier so that he could go take care of business at home while he still had one day off work. I pushed my little bit of sadness aside and told DH that it was fine with me and he changed his flight. He had seen everything he wanted to see already and I knew he wasn't going to have much fun anyways, while worrying about house stuff, so it would have been silly to insist that he stay. So off he went to Pop to pack up his things...

That left my brother, SIL, and me to enjoy the rest of the evening in the World Showcase. I just LOVE the World Showcase at night. It's tempting to me to spend every evening in the WS while I'm at WDW!

My bro and SIL watched the movie in Canada

DSC00664.jpg

Meanwhile, I looked around some of the shops.

DSC00650.jpg

I wish that my my house!

DSC00663.jpg

A perfume-in-the-shoe tree!

DSC00677.jpg

I saw some popcorn in Canada and almost bought some, but I decided to wait until we were a little bit closer to the time Illuminations would start.

I found a table in France right on the water between the buildings that sell crepes and wine. There was a tree there that seemed like it might block our view, but I waited on my bro and SIL to see what they thought. They came over a few minutes later and said they were happy to have a table, so we stuck with that spot. I ran off to get my popcorn and some drinks and then we prepared to watch Illuminations!

Well, I'm glad we stuck with that table because our view was perfect!!! Do they change Illuminations at Christmas time? It seemed like there was a little bit added to the show for Christmas, but I wasn't sure! Either way, it was wonderful!

After the show, we decided to go check out the Boardwalk. And as we did, we saw that there was a magic show going on on the Boardwalk. It was super cute! The magician had a bunch of different kids come up to help him with his magic tricks and of course the kids were adorable!

Next, we took a bus from the Boardwalk to DTD, then caught a bus back to POP. It was quite a roundabout way to get home, but we got there eventually. I was back to the room by 11:05 and thank Goodness, DH had cranked up the heat in there! I think Mousekeeping turned the heat down each time they cleaned the room, so it was always very cool when we returned in the evenings and took a while to heat up. This evening, because DH returned earlier than I, it was so nice and toasty, which was just what I needed after freezing my buns off all night!

One not so nice thing that happened that night was that DH showed me a cockroach that he had found in the bathroom. :scared1: And like the man that he is, he used the bathmat to smash it rather than a kleenex! And he didn't dispose of it yet because he wanted to show me. So, you, my lucky readers, get to see our friend the cockroach!

DSC00681.jpg

This was our last night together in Disney World. :sad2: But I still had one full day and one more night there, so I tried to just think positive and enjoy my remaining time!

Next up: Our last full day...

A little baby update!

I have entered the second trimester of my pregnancy and I have to tell you that I LOVE IT!!! :lovestruc

Wooohoooo, the second trimester is GREAT! The worries start to subside and you can relax and enjoy the miracle happening! :banana:

My belly is starting to show, which is exciting. DH loves it! He also likes some of the other changes that are happening to my body! ;) :rotfl:

Men are such pervs (Grumpy is the same BTW LOL) :rotfl2:

DH and I are getting ready to go to on a road trip this weekend. Our friends are getting married in Northern Minnesota, so we'll leave Thursday evening to begin the 10.5 HOUR DRIVE!!! :scared1: It'll be a LOOONNNGGG drive, but I think all the leaves will be changing as we drive north, so it will be a gorgeous drive. We'll be staying in a resort right on Lake Superior and the pics of the resort make it look wonderful. The actual wedding consists of the ceremony at 10:30 Saturday morning followed by a brunch reception. Then there's a bonfire on the beach that's put on by the resort at 7:30 that evening. How cool is that?!

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I wouldn't worry about the drive much - when you feel like you need to stop and stretch, go for it! We went to France and England when I was about 20 weeks pregnant with Mickey - 10+ hour plane ride each way, no problem :thumbsup2

WARNING: This update is VERY short on pictures! It was very hard to take pictures with my gloves on, so I didn't take very many at all this evening!

It's also hard to take pictures when you forget to take the camera out of your messenger bag, not that I'm talking about me or anything :rolleyes1

My bro and SIL watched the movie in Canada

What?!?!? You didn't watch the Canada movie? For shame :rotfl2:

I wish that my my house!

DSC00663.jpg

A perfume-in-the-shoe tree!

DSC00677.jpg

What great pictures! So pretty :goodvibes

Well, I'm glad we stuck with that table because our view was perfect!!! Do they change Illuminations at Christmas time? It seemed like there was a little bit added to the show for Christmas, but I wasn't sure! Either way, it was wonderful!

Sounds delightful :banana:

One not so nice thing that happened that night was that DH showed me a cockroach that he had found in the bathroom. :scared1: And like the man that he is, he used the bathmat to smash it rather than a kleenex! And he didn't dispose of it yet because he wanted to show me. So, you, my lucky readers, get to see our friend the cockroach!

OK, um, blech :sick:

This was our last night together in Disney World. :sad2: But I still had one full day and one more night there, so I tried to just think positive and enjoy my remaining time!

Aww, I'm sorry your dh had to leave a day early, but I'm glad you were able to make your peace with it and have such a great attitude! :hug:

I have entered the second trimester of my pregnancy and I have to tell you that I LOVE IT!!! :lovestruc

Hooray for the hormone shift!! :cool1:

Once I feel like it looks like a baby belly and not just a fat belly, I will post pics!

LOL, right about this time I always wanted to get a few tee shirts printed "I'm not fat, I'm pregnant!"

Trust me, you'll get tired of those maternity clothes eventually. (Although they do get more and more attractive, I must admit!)

That left my brother, SIL, and me to enjoy the rest of the evening in the World Showcase. I just LOVE the World Showcase at night. It's tempting to me to spend every evening in the WS while I'm at WDW!
Next up: Our last full day...

Aww, the last day? Always bittersweet.

I'm with you on World Showcase in the evening... this year I've got our first-ever evening Epcot EMH planned and I can't wait!

I am purposely avoiding commenting on the cockroach... :rolleyes2

Kathy

Brrrr! I could feel the cold in your update!

I can't believe those kids were digging in the fountain for money! :eek:

What a shame that DH had to go home a day early to deal with move stuff. :(

Good job on snagging a table to watch Illuminations! :thumbsup2

It's also hard to take pictures when you forget to take the camera out of your messenger bag, not that I'm talking about me or anything :rolleyes1

What?!?!? You didn't watch the Canada movie? For shame :rotfl2:

Uh oh!!! You didn't take your camera out?!? I hope it was only one day!

I've seen the Canada movie before, and I felt a little bit like a third wheel (my bro and SIL are good at that :rolleyes:) , so I amused myself in the shops.

nasty.

hard to imagine WDW cold. although in 2000, I did have to wear a heavy coat...during the day.

I know. The cockroach was gross. Fortunately, I'm not easily bothered by bugs. Now if there were a bird or squirrel in the room, I would have wanted to switch resorts!!!

Yeah, I was shocked at how cold it was at WDW. But cold in Disney World is better than warm anywhere else!

Hooray for the hormone shift!! :cool1:

LOL, right about this time I always wanted to get a few tee shirts printed "I'm not fat, I'm pregnant!"

Trust me, you'll get tired of those maternity clothes eventually. (Although they do get more and more attractive, I must admit!)

Kathy

I definitely want everyone to know that I"m pregnant and not just fat! I never thought I would be self conscious about a pregnant belly!

I have bought a bunch of maternity clothes at the Gap and they are SO cute! Definitely better than a lot I've seen.

Brrrr! I could feel the cold in your update!

I can't believe those kids were digging in the fountain for money! :eek:

What a shame that DH had to go home a day early to deal with move stuff. :(

Good job on snagging a table to watch Illuminations! :thumbsup2

Yeah, those kids were crazy. And I couldn't believe they weren't stopped by a CM or a parent!

I was sad about DH leaving, especially because he had to go home to deal with a stressful situation. But it all turned out just fine, thank Goodness!

HI Julie :wave2:

so great to hear you are feeling better and the exciting part of being pregnant is on the way :goodvibes

thank you for all the info on CLP...and the cool factor I'm going to jot it down in my trip planning notebook :thumbsup2

sorry Dh had to cut his part of the trip short and the :eek: yuck bug he found in your bathroom...just ill gross :sick:

The picture of the pink shoe tree, my Dh was walking by and said" what is that fish?" " a tree of Salmon" :rotfl2:

looking forward to the next day!

Julie (too)

In all of our trips to Pop, I've never seen a roach of any kind. I am happy about that. :goodvibes It's inevitable that a bug or two is going to sneak in, but I'm glad I haven't seen any if they've been in rooms with us.

Yay!! Two updates since I last checked in! :cool1:

The CP sounds like it was amazing!! But I can't believe how cold it was. Brrrrr... Sorry DH had to head back early, but since you've already moved I have to assume everything worked out OK. ;) Yuck about the cockroach! :eek:

Glad to hear you are feeling better - I loved the second trimester!!

Hello my friends!

We had a doctor appointment today and we were able to hear the baby's heartbeat on the doppler! :goodvibes It was exciting, reassuring, and heartwarming. And it made me cry a little bit!

I'm 15 weeks pregnant right now, which is hard to believe!

In 4 weeks, we'll have the big ultrasound where they will tell us the baby's gender if we so desire. So far, we are undecided as to whether or not we will find out. I don't want to find out, but DH does. So we have 4 weeks to decide...

We had a wonderful time at the wedding in Minnesota last weekend (pics of gorgeous fall colors coming up) and we have had a non-stop action packed schedule ever since! We'll finally have time to breathe this weekend and I'll post pics and and update then!

It's just amazing to hear the baby's heartbeat, isn't it? :goodvibes

Looking forward to seeing the pics from your weekend.

How are you and DH going to decide on whether or not to find out the baby's gender??? I was never good at waiting so we found out with both Chelsea and Connor. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter