In your opinion what is the most overrated thing in WDW?

I feel like I need to jump in and defend the honor of m'lady Jungle Cruise - you do still get some skippers that go off script and have some jokes you haven't heard a million times. I wake up at night worrying what the Rock and the Imagineers might do to the ride with the new movie coming out - I'm guessing all the animatronic animals will start talking about Captain Jack Sparrow in every scene.

But my overrated pick will be Fantasmic at DHS. It really was a show made for Disneyland and the RoA, and some of the replacement scenes and props are... lacking from what they have in Anahiem. Don't get me wrong, I loved Fantasmic at DHS the first time I saw it. But then I went to Anaheim.

Oh, I'll also add the new Castle Welcome Show at MK, but I don't hear alot of people talking about it being good. I just feel like chiming in that it's a pale shadow to the old train station opening show. My nostalgia is showing, I know.

My mom has travelled with us on our last few trips. She insists on the dining plan, even though we showed her the math.
This. It always amazes me to read about how carefully some people evaluate the cost of almost everything on their trip to save money, from their resort to their seat on the airplane, to making repeated trips to Target to buy scores of gift cards to save 5%. And after all that, they hand over a big wad of extra cash to Disney for a dining plan that costs significantly more than just paying for the same food out of pocket.:sad2:

Last edited:
This. It always amazes me to read about how carefully some people evaluate the cost of everything on their trip to save money, from their resort to the seat on the airplane, to making repeated trips to Target to buy scores of gift cards to save 5%. And after all that, they hand over a big wad of extra money to Disney for a dining plan that costs significantly more than just paying for meals out of pocket.
We tried to talk her in to buying gift cards to pay for meals, especially when on sale at Costco and such but she just insisted it was easier to do the plan. Feeling compelled to eat dessert at every single table service meal is why I gain weight each trip even though I walk more than 10 miles a day easily.

I'm might take some heat for this one. Poly. I travelled a lot growing up and I can't get past the fact it looks like a fancied up Red Roof Inn. Plus I think the monorail is overrated. I like the boats better. They force you to slow down and take it all in.

Ouch! I disagree completely but compliment you on your bravery!

We tried to talk her in to buying gift cards to pay for meals, especially when on sale at Costco and such but she just insisted it was easier to do the plan. Feeling compelled to eat dessert at every single table service meal is why I gain weight each trip even though I walk more than 10 miles a day easily.
I think that dessert isn't on the dining plan any longer. You get snack credits instead. So maybe there's hope for your figure on a future trip.

I think that dessert isn't on the dining plan any longer. You get snack credits instead. So maybe there's hope for your figure on a future trip.
That's what I thought a week or two ago but then the CMs said that because we had the refillable mugs we got a dessert. Then of course the TS meals still have dessert. Ugh. There is a lot of cardio and weightlifting going on here this week to get rid if of those desserts.

It's my #2 behind Stormalong Bay. And we've stayed there twice too.
And the Monorail is right there with it too

Interesting. What is your favorite resort?

And I do agree about Stormalong. I don't really care about pools at Disney.

Anything with over a 60 minute wait. There are some good rides with those types of waits, but no ride is worth waiting that long (for me).

And character meals. Ugh. The food is (generally) awful and to see all the characters you need to spend more time than I'm willing (especially when paired with sub-standard food).

Last edited:
I feel like I need to jump in and defend the honor of m'lady Jungle Cruise - you do still get some skippers that go off script and have some jokes you haven't heard a million times. I wake up at night worrying what the Rock and the Imagineers might do to the ride with the new movie coming out

Completely agree. While even a subpar Skipper is still entertaining a good one that goes off-script makes the ride a completely different experience. I had a Skipper last year who did a vastly different spiel through the entire thing. Like 90% of it were her own jokes. I loved it and complimented her afterwards.

I agree about The Rock too. I don't want him touching the Cruise. Hopefully the movie will crash and burn like Haunted Mansion.

:jumping1:
1. I'm female, not that anyone can tell from my username.
2. Please don't ban me. I'm ashamed to admit how much time I spend on the boards. :earseek:

1. Haha sorry! It's a mistake I hate making online.

2. I'll let it slide this time. As long as you don't say anything bad about churros...

Interesting. What is your favorite resort?

And I do agree about Stormalong. I don't really care about pools at Disney.
Boardwalk touched my heart the first time I walked in the door. Never been disappointed with any of my stays there. Though in order to visit often I've traded stays there for stays at POR here of late.

I do love me some Zebra Domes ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter