Is Anyone getting through to DCL on phone !

I noticed when I clicked on edit sailing there was a button to change sailing, but it was greyed out. It looks like you are able to modify your sailing party online now. We just need a change sailing and cancel button. I'd be happy with the ability to change sailings like we used to be able to do. Booking a placeholder without calling would also be nice.

I had a 5 minute wait a few days ago. Simply chose the option for "booking a new cruise". I've done that multiple times in the past few weeks and it works. Always a short wait. The agent who answers doesn't care that you're not calling to book a new cruise.
Oh my goodness! Thank you for this tip! I waited 30 minutes this morning right at opening, got disconnected, but then only waited 50 minutes the second time. This after several tries of multi-hour waits only to get disconnected. If I had to hear "Let It Go" one more time I think I was going to lose it.

I'm still on hold while they take care of my issue, but I am so optimistic now that they will get it done on this call!

Last edited:
Called at 9am EST.....was hold for 4 hours and 2 minutes, then they disconnected me!
Me too. 4 hours and 6 minutes and they disconnected me. Its like they only have 6 people working the phones. It is so odd.

When I called the third or was it fourth time … can’t recall. I was on hold for 5 hours 35 mins and I gave up. Called back at 7:00 am the next day and was on hold for 50 mins and then unloaded all of my questions! I wasn’t gonna let her go without getting everything sorted!

When I called the third or was it fourth time … can’t recall. I was on hold for 5 hours 35 mins and I gave up. Called back at 7:00 am the next day and was on hold for 50 mins and then unloaded all of my questions! I wasn’t gonna let her go without getting everything sorted!
With guests queuing for 5+ hours before getting to an agent, no surprises they have so many questions to think about.
No kidding, I wouldn't be surprised this is a reason why we need to hold that long. (This, and that DCL keeps thinking things will improve without them having to do anything.)

I had a 5 minute wait a few days ago. Simply chose the option for "booking a new cruise". I've done that multiple times in the past few weeks and it works. Always a short wait. The agent who answers doesn't care that you're not calling to book a new cruise.
I just called to put in a request for a private dining table (sailing on May 27) and thanks to the tip about selecting the 'book a new cruise' option, I was also on hold for less than 5 minutes. Thank you for the tip!

I took the tip of selecting book a new cruise as well and waited for 1 min! Thank you! had to cancel our Alaska cruise for this summer and have been waiting for the 2023 so I could just re-book but they are very late in putting the new cruises out and we had to cancel by the end of the month or we would lose our deposit.

I called right at 9:00 AM Eastern when they open on Saturdays (April 23, 2022).

I was on hold for 2 hours and 15 minutes before Heather picked up. Took about 15 minutes to discuss the alcohol policy for 18-year-olds when sailing in Europe.

Disney should invest in the same application my bank has that will hold my place in line and call me back when it's my turn. Much better than sitting on hold for 2+ hours.

Next time, I'll select book new cruise!

I called yesterday (Saturday) at 11am EST, selected “existing reservation” and was told they were not accepting calls and to call again later. I called right back, selected “new reservation”, was told that the wait time was 5 minutes, but it was really only a 2 minute wait. The cast member was extremely helpful, canceled out European cruise and moved our FCC to our August wish cruise. I put off the call for weeks because I was scared if the wait time, but it was so quick (for the new reservation option!).

I called on Sunday right at 9 and got through immediately (for the record, I put my reservation number in).

Wasted $290 dollars on my phone costl trying (outside of the US) to get thru to Disney cruise line for a simple request that could easily handled online. Still haven't gotten thru,it's outrageous that new cruise bookings are picked up withins minutes and while existing customers are on hold for hours.

Wasted $290 dollars on my phone costl trying (outside of the US) to get thru to Disney cruise line for a simple request that could easily handled online. Still haven't gotten thru,it's outrageous that new cruise bookings are picked up withins minutes and while existing customers are on hold for hours.
Is there anything that we can do to help you?

Is there anything that we can do to help you?

Thank you that is very kind of you, but we hopefully can get it sorted on embarkation day.

My wife is a has celiac and that is a dietary requirement you can’t add online. We are sure that won’t be a problem but we also wanted to request a private dining table. It just makes it all a bit easier, we did that last time we cruised and it was perfect.

Thank you that is very kind of you, but we hopefully can get it sorted on embarkation day.

My wife is a has celiac and that is a dietary requirement you can’t add online. We are sure that won’t be a problem but we also wanted to request a private dining table. It just makes it all a bit easier, we did that last time we cruised and it was perfect.
You can email them with those requests if you aren't leaving within the next week or two. Use the contact us section on the website: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/help/email/

Called this morning right at 8am EST (when they opened), put in my reservation # and spoke to a human in half an hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter