Is everything normal in your neck of the woods?

Let's see...
  • The university that I work for is canceling classes beginning Monday in order to get online instruction ready to go for launch on the 23rd. Student services (me) are still to report to campus.
  • Scouts BSA has canceled the camporee that my daughters troop was to attend in two weekends. She just called me crying about that.
  • Upcoming Girl Scout events and activities have been canceled until the end of May.
  • Our oldest DD learned yesterday that WGI (winter guard) regional championships for high school has been canceled and upcoming competitions canceled.
  • Our WDW trip starting Sunday has been canceled. So spring break is going to be miserable with 4 upset kids at home.

Let's see...
  • The university that I work for is canceling classes beginning Monday in order to get online instruction ready to go for launch on the 23rd. Student services (me) are still to report to campus.
  • Scouts BSA has canceled the camporee that my daughters troop was to attend in two weekends. She just called me crying about that.
  • Upcoming Girl Scout events and activities have been canceled until the end of May.
  • Our oldest DD learned yesterday that WGI (winter guard) regional championships for high school has been canceled and upcoming competitions canceled.
  • Our WDW trip starting Sunday has been canceled. So spring break is going to be miserable with 4 upset kids at home.

Sorry to hear that, RangerPooh. I felt like Memphis had been spared a lot of the craziness until yesterday when there was just a pall in the air and everything seemed to go crazy. Hang in there!

As of this second, almost all NYC primary and secondary schools are still open, although pretty much every college and uni is closed.

As of this second, almost all NYC primary and secondary schools are still open, although pretty much every college and uni is closed.

here in NYC- My son (3RD grade) and daughter (middle school) were both given online assignments to do for next week - DS's had to put his chair on top of table before they were dismissed -
Spoke with a woman that I know that works in cafeteria in son's school - she said they had to prepare food to leave in fridge for those in meal program for next week- she said they are basically on standby as far as regular school on Monday

Illinois imposed a moratorium on electricity/gas/water shut off for non-payment until further notice.

I think that's nice. :)

Well, how things have changed.

We now have three confirmed cases, just confirmed today, and schools in the province have been closed for three weeks, starting on the 23rd.

As someone with a compromised immune system, I am definitely taking it more seriously than I did a week ago. My work is trying to see if there is a way I can work from home.

Sorry to hear that, RangerPooh. I felt like Memphis had been spared a lot of the craziness until yesterday when there was just a pall in the air and everything seemed to go crazy. Hang in there!

Did the sky open and suck us into a different dimension yesterday or what? Craziness is the perfect way to describe it. The Kroger in Lakeland was cleaned out of meat, bread, and so many other things when I went last night. It was crazy!

About 30 minutes ago the municipal schools sent out a message saying that they are now closed until the end of the month.

Did the sky open and suck us into a different dimension yesterday or what? Craziness is the perfect way to describe it. The Kroger in Lakeland was cleaned out of meat, bread, and so many other things when I went last night. It was crazy!

About 30 minutes ago the municipal schools sent out a message saying that they are now closed until the end of the month.

Oh boy, and I'm going to have to go to the store at some point this weekend. I have generally meager food needs, but still. I don't want to deal with it!

Nothing close to normal here. Aside from K-8 schools in the entire state closed for the next 10 days, youngest's college classes are now online, no meats, eggs, bread, milk, toilet paper, bottled water, cleaning supplies, potatoes, rice and some canned goods in stores. There was a guy who bought a large pack of toilet paper in Walmart and proceeded to sell the rolls individually in the parking lot. He got arrested.

Coronavirus cases jumped from 23 yesterday to 41 now. That's almost double over night!

Super. Called us and made us leave our student group WDW/Universal trip a day early. No refunds for this and it was apparently hard to finagle everything with charter drivers and stops. Alllll schools around us will be closed for an extra week...but NOT our school. I don’t understand if it’s business as usual why make us come home? There are more CONFIRMED cases at home than where we were!

Nothing close to normal here. Aside from K-8 schools in the entire state closed for the next 10 days, youngest's college classes are now online, no meats, eggs, bread, milk, toilet paper, bottled water, cleaning supplies, potatoes, rice and some canned goods in stores. There was a guy who bought a large pack of toilet paper in Walmart and proceeded to sell the rolls individually in the parking lot. He got arrested.

Coronavirus cases jumped from 23 yesterday to 41 now. That's almost double over night!

Ours too. But it will be like that for a bit. We all know the numbers are higher but no testing, so we don't know officially.

Numbers will sky-rocket when we get the additional testing going. Still no reason to panic, it's the same situation as it was the day before when we "didn't" know.

But if numbers of cases jump and death-rates/hospitalization stays stable, that would be a great thing! Means most people are doing okay!

It's surreal isn't it?

All of my state(Virginia) public schools are closed next couple of weeks so far.

The county in which I work now has 7 confirmed cases. My job is dealing with tourist and many have cancelled.

I was posting about our school closure as you posted...teachers still need to go tomorrow. I suspect they are putting distance learning in place with the teachers and we'll get more info tomorrow. I just heard Everett is closed for a month but not sure...I hadn't heard about the museums or the Marathon, but I kind of figured with the Marathon. Sorry about the no TP!

Omg Boston public schools just closed for 6 weeks!!
My town just closed schools for 2 weeks.

I did find toilet paper at Trader Joe's, so there's that....

Our mayor is in self isolation

Our Prime Minister is in self isolation because our First Lady tested positive

I waited 50 minutes in line to pay for my groceries. People attacked me for my cart as I was returning it.

I needed to go back to the walk in clinic for ultrasound results and was dreading the wait but there was NOBODY in the clinic. That was surprising and has never happened.

All major tourist attractions are closed.

Our government has banned all but essential travel.

It's surreal isn't it?

All of my state(Virginia) public schools are closed next couple of weeks so far.

The county in which I work now has 7 confirmed cases. My job is dealing with tourist and many have cancelled.
I have seen TV commercials the last 2 nights for Virginia Beach saying We're open!

My grocery store was putting out more meat to sell this morning when I stopped in for a few things.

I have seen TV commercials the last 2 nights for Virginia Beach saying We're open!

My grocery store was putting out more meat to sell this morning when I stopped in for a few things.

Yes beach is open, but they cancelled the Something's I'm The Water festival.

I work in Williamsburg and Busch Gardens was going to open this weekend, well now they aren't.

Things changed here. WDW is closed. Florida closed public schools until March 30th. Son home from college for now and has to continue classes online. Husband working from home.

We bought water and TP two weeks ago, so no worries there. Just gotta keep from going stir crazy. Fortunately we don’t know anyone who is sick. Cross fingers.

Lol. You guys live in the same area?

Actually everything really did seem normal yesterday morning. It was late morning when everything started to collapse. One by one, events and activities we were supposed to attend were cancelled. We’d get some sort of update on our activities every few minutes. Seemed like every few minutes some new major national event was cancelled. At around four we got news that our schools were going to be closed until further notice, and just after that I saw on these boards that Disneyland was closing. Shortly after, Disney World announced their closing. How quickly things changed in the brief time between our postings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter