Is everything normal in your neck of the woods?

Youngest daughter is in bridal party due to go to Disneyland beginning of April for the bridal shower. Five very nervous young woman, should they cancel..will it be cancelled. They are worried about getting sick but also getting others sick if they caught the virus. I came to the disboards to check the mood of others about going to parks.

My work has suspended international travel, most domestic travel as well. The company plane is still going between sites, each individual has to cleared by site manager for travel. They recently stated we can work from home if our job role allows it and manager approves. I got the flu (yes I had the shot) mid February, which turned into pneumonia and an ear infection. My doctor wants me working from home as much as possible because I am still recovering and I am considered at a higher risk due to Lupus.

The company that employs me now has 6 offices in the US with COVID-19 risks. We will likely move to our work from home model across the country very soon.

Youngest daughter is in bridal party due to go to Disneyland beginning of April for the bridal shower. Five very nervous young woman, should they cancel..will it be cancelled. They are worried about getting sick but also getting others sick if they caught the virus. I came to the disboards to check the mood of others about going to parks.

My work has suspended international travel, most domestic travel as well. The company plane is still going between sites, each individual has to cleared by site manager for travel. They recently stated we can work from home if our job role allows it and manager approves. I got the flu (yes I had the shot) mid February, which turned into pneumonia and an ear infection. My doctor wants me working from home as much as possible because I am still recovering and I am considered at a higher risk due to Lupus.
Get well soon. Hopefully you are in the group able to WFH?

Honestly it might be best for them to change plans for the bridal party. From the looks of things, cases will exponentially expand in the upcoming weeks putting them in the thick of it. Maybe find somewhere more local as a back-up? If there's a chance the wedding may reschedule, then the trip can s well.

I’d wait for this virus to end first.

I live in Texas near the military base they keep bringing evacuees to. Once local government stepped in to keep them from releasing the last batch of evacuees at our local mall once quarantine lifted (not kidding!), things have been pretty quiet. We don’t have any cases reported locally in the community yet, but expect we will have them reported soon. I did see a woman use most of a can of Lysol on a shopping cart at Target yesterday- and thought “isn’t the wipe they provide easier and free?”. If I was that paranoid. I’d just skip Target. And everyone still seems to have TP and bottled water in their grocery carts. We have no high-risk people in our family and are carrying on fairly normal- just wish some extra hand washing.

Still mostly business as usual here except we are starting to see the toilet paper issue. Up to 6 confirmed cases now. One is a home health nurses so god knows how many ppl she exposed & one is a “service worker”. What’s interesting to me is these are workers who have difficulty taking off from work when they’re sick. The service worker worked through being sick b/c if he didn’t work he did get paid. The nurse worked through being sick b/c she had a high caseload & her employer expected her to be at work. Both had symptoms before Covid 19 was officially in US (except maybe Seattle). Neither had travelled so had no reason to believe they had the virus. I remember we had a thread a while back about how many ppl have to work sick b/c they have little choice. Also, just heard a news story that there is a concern among public health officials that ppl without insurance or who can’t afford their copays or deductibles won’t seek treatment/testing until they’ve spread it more b/c they can’t afford it. Perhaps more ppl will be motivated to care about other ppl’s ability to access health care in this country if it becomes a public heath issue.

For all my NE Ohio peeps, there is now a confirmed case in Stark County. My daughter (high school jr) just texted that they made an announcement to take all their belongings home with them...

I live in Texas near the military base they keep bringing evacuees to. Once local government stepped in to keep them from releasing the last batch of evacuees at our local mall once quarantine lifted (not kidding!), things have been pretty quiet. We don’t have any cases reported locally in the community yet, but expect we will have them reported soon. I did see a woman use most of a can of Lysol on a shopping cart at Target yesterday- and thought “isn’t the wipe they provide easier and free?”. If I was that paranoid. I’d just skip Target. And everyone still seems to have TP and bottled water in their grocery carts. We have no high-risk people in our family and are carrying on fairly normal- just wish some extra hand washing.
I really shouldn't laugh because who knows what that poor lady with a whole can of lysol is dealing with? I'd just worry that inhaling all those chemicals would put me in worse shape.

DH told me yesterday his company has suspended international travel and no visits allowed from international vendors.

I guess we won't be going to Mexico, then. :( Nothing was said about leisure travel, but I assume he'd have to work from home for 14 days after. He said he wouldn't mind working from home for two weeks...he'd probably get a lot more work done. :laughing:

I think we are well past international restrictions. It’s already here in force.

For all my NE Ohio peeps, there is now a confirmed case in Stark County. My daughter (high school jr) just texted that they made an announcement to take all their belongings home with them...
That's what I am hearing as well. My daughter at Mount Union was notified that when she returns from spring break that the campus will be closed Mon & Tues and on Wednesday they will be doing their classes online. There will be no labs, no clinicals, internships, student teaching or small performances as well. Now I will admit I'm a bit concerned, with my daughter graduating this May she needs to complete a few of these things the college is stopping until April 3rd.

I think my brother and family live in Stark County. I wonder if his kids' schools have been affected yet.

I think my brother and family live in Stark County. I wonder if his kids' schools have been affected yet.

ALL schools in the county so far have canceled pretty much everything except actual classes. Anything after school or weekends, field trips, concerts, sporting events, plays, all canceled or postponed.

Many of the universities are starting spring break on Saturday Some have extended it an additional week and told to plan for online learning if necessary thereafter. Hopefully it will slow the spread.

The stores have been business as usual, no shortages except hand sanitizer.

Las Vegas nowhere near downtown or the Strip. It’s…quiet in my area. It’s not near as congested as it is further into the city but we definitely have our fair share of hustle and bustle and plenty of traffic. Parking lots are only half full in places that are usually packed by 9am and traffic is moderate to light. I can’t speak for how it is in the rest of the city because I avoid it as much as I can but Vegas in general is feeling the hit. Tons of cancellations and MGM properties have closed all their buffets. School field trips out of state as well as international have been canceled but school is still happening. My youngest has a choir performance at UNLV next week and I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if they canceled it. We have two presumptive cases here.

My work (small cybersecurity firm in northern VA) has said that all employees must work from home with the end date at TBD. It’s impacting assessments of data centers for our clients, etc. on the bright side I got to bring my work monitor home- it’s a massive 43 in curved 4K monitor.

My DH works on the other end of the Valley. He has to take I-15 through Downtown in five o’clock traffic. Usually takes him more than an hour. He said he blew through town in about 20mins. :eek: He was so early he decided to stop at the grocery store and they were out of BEER.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter