Is FOP still a tough FP at 60 days?

I'm hoping, as I'm sure we all are, that the hours change for October.
IF they do, does Disney release more FP's for the extended hours?
Is there any rhyme or reason to when they would announce extended hours?

And dare I say, I had 3 FPs for FOP on day 7 which is the day we leave (at 7pm).
Only reason I cancelled those FPs is because DD is only 4, so sticking to AK for our last day would really limit what she could do...
Would feel bad planning the day around us wanting to do the ride...
So we were able to score Akershus and FEA FP for that day instead

As of now we are rope dropping on day 4 for AK...
Hoping it isn't the battleground from Braveheart making our way through the gates.
Hearing some have been unruly at rope drop for FOP.

These are good questions and concerns. I'm with you. My frequent contact with guest services is not providing me any insider info. I don't think they are planning to extend hours. If they were they would tell to keep me from calling back. :-).

These are good questions and concerns. I'm with you. My frequent contact with guest services is not providing me any insider info. I don't think they are planning to extend hours. If they were they would tell to keep me from calling back. :-).

Sunset in October in Orlando is approximately 6:50pm.
Rivers of Light is 7:45pm.
So they are covered with darkness for the show..
They're not under pressure to have extended hours for that reason alone.
But hopefully with Pandora so new, they continue to extend night hours at least.

Sunset in October in Orlando is approximately 6:50pm.
Rivers of Light is 7:45pm.
So they are covered with darkness for the show..
They're not under pressure to have extended hours for that reason alone.
But hopefully with Pandora so new, they continue to extend night hours at least.

The night I had planned to go to DAK. ROL is not even scheduled. If the park closed at 8:00 it would be ok.

The night I had planned to go to DAK. ROL is not even scheduled. If the park closed at 8:00 it would be ok.

I heard some times in summer months did change.
Haven't heard anything about September...maybe someone else can chime in on that.
Hopefully times change for October.
I'm not banking on it though.
Planning as if times will stand as is.
Anything in addition is just a bonus.
And why ROL isn't a scheduled nightly show is beyond me.

Haven't heard anything about September...maybe someone else can chime in on that.
I agree.

This is exactly what I find maddening. The hotels are so fully booked that they didn't offer free dining or even good room discounts for October, yet they're cutting hours and not even having RoL every night? I don't see the logic. Coupled with the closures/refurbs of a lot of rides, I feel like there are going to be long lines at whatever is still open.

This is exactly what I find maddening. The hotels are so fully booked that they didn't offer free dining or even good room discounts for October, yet they're cutting hours and not even having RoL every night? I don't see the logic. Coupled with the closures/refurbs of a lot of rides, I feel like there are going to be long lines at whatever is still open.

I hear you. River of Lights is not offered on Friday or a Monday of my 4 day trip. Both nights the park closes at 7:00.

because there is nothing to do in the other parks after 7:00, everyone piles into the MK in October. I thought it might be different this year if Animal Kingdom stayed open late, had the night show going.

But nope.
Epcot on the weekend is hell.

Guest Services actually said to me: "maybe you can come back in December. Animal Kingdom is scheduled to stay open to 9:00."

I was.....:sad2:

I still have a hard time believing they will not extend hours somewhat, and add ROL showings. If they show ROL every day in SEPTEMBER, surely they would do the same the following 2 months. But we shall see....

I still have a hard time believing they will not extend hours somewhat, and add ROL showings. If they show ROL every day in SEPTEMBER, surely they would do the same the following 2 months. But we shall see....

Are they doing 2 ROL shows a night in September?

This is what I was counting on. But my 60 day mark has come and gone. Now if they release more hours and FoP fastpasses, I'll miss them because I can't keep checking 20 times a day. If they did extend the hours I would at least get to ride Expedition Everest after dark. I think that rocks.

No but they added the show to every date in September and currently it is only scheduled four nights per week in October and November I believe.

We planned around 10/21 being our AK day. Still doing it even though we didnt get FOP Fp's. Gonna attempt rope drop.
Was hoping they would add a second show because as of now our 6:00 Tusker House reservation isn't ROL dining...not more than 2 hours from showtime of 7:45.
A 2nd show would (I assume) make it eligible.
No biggie tho.

We planned around 10/21 being our AK day. Still doing it even though we didnt get FOP Fp's. Gonna attempt rope drop.
Was hoping they would add a second show because as of now our 6:00 Tusker House reservation isn't ROL dining...not more than 2 hours from showtime of 7:45.
No biggie tho.
Hours extended to 8:00 pm today. Somebody got FoP FP. Not me because I couldn't monitor 24/7.

Happy about later hours. This will allow us to see the lights.

No biggie tho.
We'll be there then too. Not sure what I'm doing anymore. :scared:

So, if you can't book FP+ until 60 days out, and many people have said that even at 60+ days there are no FP+ available, this begs the question, who is getting all these FP+? Or are there just that few available
i agree...Disney is promoting 60 days out if you stay onsite...and at 700 am they are not available...so i am just looking for some honest marketing

i agree...Disney is promoting 60 days out if you stay onsite...and at 700 am they are not available...so i am just looking for some honest marketing

There hasn't been anything honest since the FP+ debacle. Star Wars is going to be a nightmare on steroids. I guess I'll have to book a 10 day trip and hope that is enough. :)

But I wouldn't be surprised if Star Wars Land was connected to some kind of additional pay more to play scheme. At least for shorter wait times. For others, there is always standby. That is what guest services told me for FoP in October. A friend posted last night that the FoP standby waits were 270 minutes!o_O

Last edited:
Thank you all for your advice, as well as your experience..i will keep you posted...my goal is to get on FOP...and to make Disney be more clear in their fastness options :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter