Is FOP still a tough FP at 60 days?

I was on right at 7AM (EST) and was honestly surprised at how easy it was to get FP for FOP on the exact day that I wanted. I needed FP for FOP on day 6 of our stay since that was our designated AK day. I had no problem getting a FP for 2:30 for a party of 3. Day 8 of our stay, we got a FP for Na'vi (just in case no one wants to wait for it earlier in the week) - and there were countless time slots available. The key really is to plan your AK time for later in the trip.

I wouldn't call it easy to get a FP for this ride if you're getting it on day 66. The issue is a lot of people do not stay for 6+ days and they're having issues at 7AM on day 64 or 65. I'm definitely going to follow your advice for our next longer trip and AK is scheduled for days 65-67, it is just shorter trips people are having a really hard time getting a FP.

To everyone who randomly got one by checking at random times throughout the day, that's great, it gives some hope for shorter trips!

I wouldn't call it easy to get a FP for this ride if you're getting it on day 66. The issue is a lot of people do not stay for 6+ days and they're having issues at 7AM on day 64 or 65. I'm definitely going to follow your advice for our next longer trip and AK is scheduled for days 65-67, it is just shorter trips people are having a really hard time getting a FP.

To everyone who randomly got one by checking at random times throughout the day, that's great, it gives some hope for shorter trips!

Well, "easy" is relative, yeah? I had no problems getting it the day I wanted/needed, so it was easy. For me. I definitely know people are having a harder time getting the FP on day 64 or 65 or earlier, which is a shame, and I'm sure quite frustrating. Sorry if my choice of words offended anyone!

Well, "easy" is relative, yeah? I had no problems getting it the day I wanted/needed, so it was easy. For me. I definitely know people are having a harder time getting the FP on day 64 or 65 or earlier, which is a shame, and I'm sure quite frustrating. Sorry if my choice of words offended anyone!

No of course your words didn't offend! I appreciated the data point that day 66 does sort to seem to the "day of confidence" as someone else said.

I just got FPs for 3 of our group of 6 for what is now like 50 days out, roughly. Now to keep trolling and looking for additional FPs for FOP for one at a time until I can get (hopefully) all six of us on FPs.

So we're staying off-site 10/21-10/30 (but only have 6-day park hopper) and my sister and her family are 10/21-10/26 (5-day park hopper). We booked a throwaway campsite for 10/22-10/23 to get the 60-day FP, but since our "stay" is one night, that means I could only start booking today for 10/22 to 10/23. Obviously no FOP available. I imagine tomorrow for 10/24, same thing (no FOP) and so on. So looks like we'll just skip FOP this go around and maybe in 5-6 years when we come back we'll visit it. Already talked to the group and nobody is willing to wait for an hour and a half or more (plus it's impossible with the kids).

I suppose something could free up, but I'm not able to keep checking every few minutes for the next 2 months.

Oh well, on the plus side I got Frozen FP (although I personally wasn't looking forward to that--haha).

Did you have times in mind before you booked, and were able to get those times?

I did not have times in mind. I ended up getting FOP at noon for day 7, which may have been the earliest option I had - but after noon, they had almost any time available I wanted.

We havea trip coming up in 77 days with my fp window opening up in 17 days. Since you have all had trouble i have tweaked my plans a bit. We had AK on day 2 of our trip since the day before AK has morning EMH. I'm going with the old thought that more people will take adv of EMH the day before. Always worked for us but now with Pandora i don't think that will be true. I will try for FOP on day 2 and then i have other options. I have already made ADRs andi can't change them because there is nothing open. UGGHHH what ever happened to going on vacation and just "going with the flow" LOL. We'll make it work. Hey if we don't get on FOP it's an excuse for another tirp!

Oh one question to those of you who rode FOP...my sister has a neck issue. She can't ride things like TT, BTMRR, EE, RnR, ToT is FOP like those rides, kind of jerkey or is it just like Star Tours? Granted on ST you can get motion sick but you arent really jerked around.

Thanks!

I'm looking on a Wednesday at 10:40am, and it says the Na'vi FP distribution is done. So, may be tough.

That's what I thought might happen... we'll do our morning AK FP as early as we can and then watch for it. If the standby line isn't bad, we'll wait for it. I'm wondering, too, if EMH hours for Pandora will be added in November... we'll see!

I just looked at the FP+ availabiity list on touring plans (which was updated a couple of days ago) and they still showed availability for 10/23 through the end of October. Perhaps it's getting *slightly* better. Or perhaps the tool is woefully out of date LOL.

I just looked at the FP+ availabiity list on touring plans (which was updated a couple of days ago) and they still showed availability for 10/23 through the end of October. Perhaps it's getting *slightly* better. Or perhaps the tool is woefully out of date LOL.

As of 7:00 a.m. this morning (eastern time) there's nothing for 10/22 and 10/23.
Your couple days ago DOES fit with the 60day + 4-5 day timeframe though.

Oh one question to those of you who rode FOP...my sister has a neck issue. She can't ride things like TT, BTMRR, EE, RnR, ToT is FOP like those rides, kind of jerkey or is it just like Star Tours? Granted on ST you can get motion sick but you arent really jerked around.

Thanks!
I would liken the motion more like Star Tours. And I don't recall it even being that "jerky". :)

I got 5pm on my 4th day for half of my party. Really disappointing. One of the problems for October is the shortened hours at DAK. Thousands of lost FP opportunity with 7:00 close on my evenings.

That brings up a good point - I noticed on touring plans on their FP chart that shows when you should expect to be able to get them, it appears that there are times of year when not as many FPs are offered per attraction each day. Is that true, or am I misreading the chart?

We are coming for 8 nights in November/December and doing animal kingdom on days 4&5. Fingers crossed we can get FOP FP for both days.

FoP just popped up for 5:15 on Friday October 13.... of course, I'll be on my way back to the airport at that time... darn. I'm 47 days out, just keep checking...

I was on at 7am yesterday morning and there was nothing on my original day (Day 4) so I switched AK to day 5 and was able to get 5. Unfortunately the only time available was 5:15. I checked again just before 9 and it said there were no more even when I tried breaking it down 2/3. I am hoping I can find an earlier time, but I'm glad I was able to get something.

I got 5pm on my 4th day for half of my party. Really disappointing. One of the problems for October is the shortened hours at DAK. Thousands of lost FP opportunity with 7:00 close on my evenings.

I'm hoping, as I'm sure we all are, that the hours change for October.
IF they do, does Disney release more FP's for the extended hours?
Is there any rhyme or reason to when they would announce extended hours?

And dare I say, I had 3 FPs for FOP on day 7 which is the day we leave (at 7pm).
Only reason I cancelled those FPs is because DD is only 4, so sticking to AK for our last day would really limit what she could do...
Would feel bad planning the day around us wanting to do the ride...
So we were able to score Akershus and FEA FP for that day instead

As of now we are rope dropping on day 4 for AK...
Hoping it isn't the battleground from Braveheart making our way through the gates.
Hearing some have been unruly at rope drop for FOP.

Last edited:
That brings up a good point - I noticed on touring plans on their FP chart that shows when you should expect to be able to get them, it appears that there are times of year when not as many FPs are offered per attraction each day. Is that true, or am I misreading the chart?
Less Fastpasses because of less park hours. We lose about a 1000 FP for each hour they close early.

I was in the parks in June and I didn't think it was very crowded. FoP was open until 11:00. We were able to grab FP at the 45 day mark and change our plans around.

Based on DVC availability and dining options it looks like October will be more crowded yet there is a 3-4 hour cutback on park opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter