Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Can I assume that the quickest way using Disney free transportation from Kidani to Chef Mickeys is to take the bus to the Magic Kingdom and walk to the Contemporary?

We are staying at Jambo House in May, and my daughter is excited about a pool afternoon - is the water slide at Uzima pool pretty exciting? Or should we just head right over to Kidani (she LOVED the water slide at Stormalong Bay, so that will be the main pool attraction). Thanks!

We are staying at Jambo House in May, and my daughter is excited about a pool afternoon - is the water slide at Uzima pool pretty exciting? Or should we just head right over to Kidani (she LOVED the water slide at Stormalong Bay, so that will be the main pool attraction). Thanks!

We haven't stayed yet I don't have an opinion but I just want to make sure you knew that you can't pool hop. I believe Stormalong Bay is one of the pools which requires Magic Band access and will only open to Beach Club guests. If you are just referencing it as one she enjoys then nevermind haha. Don't want you to get excited to be disappointed!

My kids (7 and 10) at the time weren't all that impressed with it.

My DD (7 at the time) wasn't overly impressed with it either. Overall though we liked the pool at Jambo a lot better than the pool at Kidani. The Kidani pool felt very crowded.

We haven't stayed yet I don't have an opinion but I just want to make sure you knew that you can't pool hop. I believe Stormalong Bay is one of the pools which requires Magic Band access and will only open to Beach Club guests. If you are just referencing it as one she enjoys then nevermind haha. Don't want you to get excited to be disappointed!
Thank you, I appreciate it! I do know that we can't pool hop to Stormalong this time - that was just a reference to the water slide (we stayed at Yacht Club last visit). I'm under the impression that we can do either pool at AKL, though. But sounds like expectations should be low re: the AKL water slides!

Thank you, I appreciate it! I do know that we can't pool hop to Stormalong this time - that was just a reference to the water slide (we stayed at Yacht Club last visit). I'm under the impression that we can do either pool at AKL, though. But sounds like expectations should be low re: the AKL water slides!
Yes, you can use both Jambo and Kidani's pools. However, the slide at SAB is the best resort pool slide on property, IMO, none of the other resort's pools (including AKL/AKV) even come close - although I am not a pool slide expert, by any means. If she really wants awesome pool slides maybe do a water park one day? You don't say how old your daughter is, but Kidani's splash area looks like fun for the younger set, I've read Jambo's slide is the better of the two AKL/AKV pool slides. Why not check out both pool areas and let her chose which she wants to spend the afternoon at?

Do the dining plans prices include tax? I booked a Sun and Fun Room Offer Room Only for AKL savannah view room; then booked my tickets separately. Can I still add the deluxe dining plan? Would it affect the room cost since it was a room only discount at the time I booked the discount?

Yes they include tax and it shouldn't affect your deal by adding the dining plan. It does not include gratuities. You can always ask the CM when you add it to be sure it doesn't change anything.. Enjoy your trip!

Do the dining plans prices include tax?

Depends where you look at the pricing. The plans are taxed.

I booked a Sun and Fun Room Offer Room Only for AKL savannah view room; then booked my tickets separately. Can I still add the deluxe dining plan?

No. You can only add the Dining Plan to a package. You would have to cancel your room only, book a package with the possibility of losing your room only discount. Sometimes they will allow you to use a room only discount on the room part of a package, but not always.

Would it affect the room cost since it was a room only discount at the time I booked the discount?

Maybe.

No. You can only add the Dining Plan to a package. You would have to cancel your room only, book a package with the possibility of losing your room only discount. Sometimes they will allow you to use a room only discount on the room part of a package, but not always.

Maybe.
Thanks

Maybe.
I called and was able to update to the deluxe dining plan with the room discount promotion and saved $100 more on the room part going from Bunk bed room (which I didn't even want) to standard savannah view room.

I see on the recreation guide that there’s cookie making and a culinary tour. Do you have to pay for those? Also, can anyone take part or is there a minimum age?

I see on the recreation guide that there’s cookie making and a culinary tour. Do you have to pay for those? Also, can anyone take part or is there a minimum age?

No charge for either. I don’t believe there’s a minimum age.

We’ve never done the cookie decorating, but have done the culinary tour several times over the years! :thumbsup2

Last edited:
No charge for either. I don’t believe there’s a minimum age.

We’ve never done the cookie decorating, but have done the culinary tour several times over the years! :thumbsup2
Thanks, I was worried the culinary tour would be for adults only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter