Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

YMMV. I got an absolutely fabulous deal on a room, and had a view of the parking lot, aka the "Buick Savanna." My deal more than made up for it’s the time (wouldn’t now) but if you wouldn’t be happy watching the Fords roam free, book another view. Somebody gets the rooms overlooking the parking lot. Buns, though, they<re close to the lobby and the bus stop

What does YMMV mean? I am just looking at things....I still need my husband to respond to me with more info as when he can take vacation.

UK visitor here. I will be at Jambo for 8 days from May 13th. I had already bought currency to take advantage of the best foreign exchange rates before Disney announced a cash-less pilot at Jambo. Can anyone tell me if Jambo is still insisting on cash-less transactions at all retail/lounge/restaurant outlets? I have not received any notification from the resort or from DVC.

Thanks for posting that link, I had been using that so good to know I’m on the right track. I really appreciate the help. I’m including a pic of what some of the parking lot views are like on floors 2 &3. That was what concerned me. So it seems only floor 4 on parking lot side had the front of balconies that we’re not solid. I was a little worried about my chances of getting one on floor 4 (as far as I can tell that would be 16 rooms being giraffe trail in such a short pod). I don’t mind spending the extra $ for poolside because from what I can tell all of the balconies that are on the poolside are not solid like this. But I was worried about the noise. I’m having such a hard time deciding what to do!
IMG
Noise from what I remember was NEVER an issue..I was DVC floor though on Fl. 5

We are doing a split stay with the Poly and I'm worried I will be sad to leave half-way through our trip.
I am doing this same split in August, and I am worried too. I love AKL so much, and have not tried the Poly yet. Also you will LOVE Boma and Sanaa!! two of my absolute favourites!!

UK visitor here. I will be at Jambo for 8 days from May 13th. I had already bought currency to take advantage of the best foreign exchange rates before Disney announced a cash-less pilot at Jambo. Can anyone tell me if Jambo is still insisting on cash-less transactions at all retail/lounge/restaurant outlets? I have not received any notification from the resort or from DVC.

Even if the resort is cashless, you can charge things to your room and then pay the room charges with your cash.

I'm also curious if the hour or so is worth the cost.

DH and I did the Wanyama Safari for a date night in 2016 and it was amazing! However we want to do something with the kids this time and DS is a bit of a picky eater and probably wouldn't do well with the pre-set menu at Jiko - plus for 4 people a little too expensive! Hoping this might be a fun splurge!

Even if the resort is cashless, you can charge things to your room and then pay the room charges with your cash.
Be sure to swing by the front desk the day before checkout as sometimes they charge the card early. Also I’ve read they’ll charge the card during your stay if you reach the maximum allowed.

Sorry if mentioned before does AKl Lodge still does NOT accept cash payments or not?

Thanks

Sorry if mentioned before does AKl Lodge still does NOT accept cash payments or not?

Thanks

The below was posted a couple pages back.

I bought something for $3 in the gift shop today. I said I would like to pay cash (forgot about the no cash thing until after I said it) and the CM said no problem. I did have to go to a different register so they must have one dedicated for cash purchases.

My 60 day left until arrival is just about here. Can i book all of my fastpass+s for all days of my trip at once or do I have to keep coming bck each day?

Hi, 4evryoung! I don’t have anything to add on the cashless transactions. I just wanted to say that we will be at AKL beginning May 15 so our paths might cross!

YMMV. I got an absolutely fabulous deal on a room, and had a view of the parking lot, aka the "Buick Savanna." My deal more than made up for it’s the time (wouldn’t now) but if you wouldn’t be happy watching the Fords roam free, book another view. Somebody gets the rooms overlooking the parking lot. Buns, though, they<re close to the lobby and the bus stop
Your posts crack me up! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter