Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

So excited to be staying at AKL again! Last year we stayed at the Swan, because the teacher discount was really good. This summer we were going to try a garden wing room at CR, but after the summer discount came out, we switched back to AKL (and saved a bunch of money). It’s my favorite resort, and I can’t wait to be back! I love the food, atmosphere, and animals.... it’s my kids’ favorite, too!

Going July 14-21

I had a studio value and did have a nice pool view room, on the Giraffe trail, kind of above JIKO.
Right now I have a standard booked for giraffe trail in September. I just had surgery on my foot and I’m not sure how much swelling I will have by then, especially with a lot of walking and hot weather. I want to be the closest I can be to transportation to cut down on total walking. When I looked at some of the pictures of the rooms facing the parking lot, I am worried because it looks like they have solid fronts on the balconies and a big overhang so very little light would come into the room. I’m not worried about the view, just that it might feel a little claustrophobic. (We’ve stayed in a savanna view before at AKL.)

I am thinking about switching to one of the rooms you are describing (paid with cash to Disney) but I am concerned about noise from the pool. We usually go to park opening and are in bed by 9. I’m a very light sleeper. What did you think about the noise level? (Or input from anyone else regarding noise level on pool side or balconies on standard balconies on parking lot side.)

Last edited:
Right now I have a standard booked for giraffe trail in September. I just had surgery on my foot and I’m not sure how much swelling I will have by then, especially with a lot of walking and hot weather. I want to be the closest I can be to transportation to cut down on total walking. When I looked at some of the pictures of the rooms facing the parking lot, I am worried because it looks like they have solid fronts on the balconies and a big overhang so very little light would come into the room. I’m not worried about the view, just that it might feel a little claustrophobic. (We’ve stayed in a savanna view before at AKL.)

I am thinking about switching to one of the rooms you are describing (paid with cash to Disney) but I am concerned about noise from the pool. We usually go to park opening and are in bed by 9. I’m a very light sleeper. What did you think about the noise level? (Or input from anyone else regarding noise level on pool side or balconies on standard balconies on parking lot side.)

I had a pool view last trip and did not hear pool noise. I did hear movie noise, but it wasn’t overly loud.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY][GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
I had a pool view last trip and did not hear pool noise. I did hear movie noise, but it wasn’t overly loud.
Thanks! Do you remember which room number you were in? I have read all 150 pages of this thread and I’m starting to lose track. I know somewhere that someone posted a room number and pictures of the view In a standard on the parking lot side in the pod of rooms nearest transportation. I wanted to look at them again but I don’t want to look way back to find it, Ha!

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY][GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Thanks! Do you remember which room number you were in? I have read all 150 pages of this thread and I’m starting to lose track. I know somewhere that someone posted a room number and pictures of the view In a standard on the parking lot side in the pod of rooms nearest transportation. I wanted to look at them again but I don’t want to look way back to find it, Ha!

Here's a link that I found, You can toggle with it as you wish, but it'll give you an good idea of what to expect.
https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps...&filters[balcony]=&date=2018-03-23&rooms=true

Here's a link that I found, You can toggle with it as you wish, but it'll give you an good idea of what to expect.
https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps...&filters[balcony]=&date=2018-03-23&rooms=true
Thanks for posting that link, I had been using that so good to know I’m on the right track. I really appreciate the help. I’m including a pic of what some of the parking lot views are like on floors 2 &3. That was what concerned me. So it seems only floor 4 on parking lot side had the front of balconies that we’re not solid. I was a little worried about my chances of getting one on floor 4 (as far as I can tell that would be 16 rooms being giraffe trail in such a short pod). I don’t mind spending the extra $ for poolside because from what I can tell all of the balconies that are on the poolside are not solid like this. But I was worried about the noise. I’m having such a hard time deciding what to do!
IMG

Last edited:

And one more question. I was looking on touring plan site and trying to figure out which rooms would be deluxe studio, that is a category on the Disney site. I am including a picture of the categories they have on touring plans site. Sorry it’s blurry. I do not see any options that are deluxe studio, unless I’m missing something?! I see the studio value but that is a different category and there is no availability in that category at this point. So would anyone know if deluxe studio is named something different on touring plans site?
bdljph.jpg

Anyone know if you can make requests for a Savannah view on the value studios? I know there are a few but thought I read somewhere that you couldn’t make any requests on values?

Anyone know if you can make requests for a Savannah view on the value studios? I know there are a few but thought I read somewhere that you couldn’t make any requests on values?

You can try making the request, but you are correct that several years back they did stop taking "View" requests for the Value Villas at Jambo House. Things do change from time to time so it wouldn't hurt to give it a try! ;)

I was hoping those who have stayed at AKL could help me with a timing question!

So on the day we switch resorts (from AKL to Poly), there is 8 AM EMH at Animal Kingdom. We would have to drop off our luggage with guest services so that they could move them to the Polynesian before we get a bus to go to EMH. Does anyone have any recommendations for timing this?

I was thinking maybe drop luggage off with guest services at 7:00 AM, then go straight to AK bus. Does that seem like enough time, or maybe even too much? We aren’t interested in Pandora...just EE and Dinosaur and maybe Kali so maybe being in the very front of the crowd isn’t necessary.

Thanks in advance :)

I was hoping those who have stayed at AKL could help me with a timing question!

So on the day we switch resorts (from AKL to Poly), there is 8 AM EMH at Animal Kingdom. We would have to drop off our luggage with guest services so that they could move them to the Polynesian before we get a bus to go to EMH. Does anyone have any recommendations for timing this?

I was thinking maybe drop luggage off with guest services at 7:00 AM, then go straight to AK bus. Does that seem like enough time, or maybe even too much? We aren’t interested in Pandora...just EE and Dinosaur and maybe Kali so maybe being in the very front of the crowd isn’t necessary.

Thanks in advance :)
I would think 7 would be good. I think that would get you the park by 7:30 which would be plenty of time even for Na’vi.

I just found a really good deal for standard room but wondering when looking at touring plans they also have some of the other views I would consider savannah as standard? Is that actually possible?

I just found a really good deal for standard room but wondering when looking at touring plans they also have some of the other views I would consider savannah as standard? Is that actually possible?

Don't trust Touring Plans as being 100% accurate. It's a great resource, but their room info is occasionally wrong.

Yes, there are plenty of "standard" views that have decent Savannah views. The rooms were reclassified because they weren't full-on views guests paying a premium for would be content with. Does that make sense?!

As many here do, book a Standard View room and make a request for "Partial Savannah View"! ;)

Don't trust Touring Plans as being 100% accurate. It's a great resource, but their room info is occasionally wrong.

Yes, there are plenty of "standard" views that have decent Savannah views. The rooms were reclassified because they weren't full-on views guests paying a premium for would be content with. Does that make sense?!

As many here do, book a Standard View room and make a request for "Partial Savannah View"! ;)

That is why I asked. I couldn't believe what I was seeing as a standard room. Its not the full thing but still plenty good. I was thinking no this can't be that true.

That is why I asked. I couldn't believe what I was seeing as a standard room. Its not the full thing but still plenty good. I was thinking no this can't be that true.

It's absolutely true! Search this thread for "partial savanna view" and "people pen" - I would say it's one of the more highly discussed topics here. I've also posted some of my room views before if you want to search my username in this thread. We have had really good luck with room requests at AKL, far and away better luck at AKL than any other resort for having our requests honored.

YMMV. I got an absolutely fabulous deal on a room, and had a view of the parking lot, aka the "Buick Savanna." My deal more than made up for it’s the time (wouldn’t now) but if you wouldn’t be happy watching the Fords roam free, book another view. Somebody gets the rooms overlooking the parking lot. Buns, though, they<re close to the lobby and the bus stop

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter