• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2020 & 2021
If you have any updates please let me know…

May
5/3 - 5/7 P'colaBeachBum - AKL
5/5 - 5/10 Lilylogan -AKL
5/21 - 5/28 disprincesspatty - AKL Jambo
5/21 - 5/30 dancemom1 - AKV Jambo
5/24 - 5/29 karen4546 - AKV Jambo
5/27-5/28 DigitalOlli - AKV Jambo

Can you put me down for AKL May 25-30? Thanks!

We've only stayed on night before in 2016, so I'm looking forward to it and the refurbished rooms.

Magic Bands - We're staying in AKL in late May. I just ordered them a few days ago and I already got a shipping confirmation. I was shocked it was so quick.

We bought 2 $20 bands and got 2 of the free ones for our family of four. We purchased the Star Wars/GE one and a castle one. We originally were going to order the sorcerer mickey band, but we waited too long.

Please add us to the list for our first stay at AKL - SO EXCITED!!! June 27-July 2
June
6/2 - 6/9 starfrenxy - AKL
6/5 - 6/13 DigitalOlli - AKV Jambo
6/6 - 6/12 malissa90 - AKL
6/7 - 6/13 bjscheel - AKL
6/14 - 6/18 Stigsmom - AKL
6/14 - 6/21 amyadams1020 - AKL
6/17 - 7/24 goofymom68 - Kidani
6/24 - 6/27 DizDad7 - Vero
6/27 - 7/2 DizDaD7 - OKW
6/27 - 7/2 jovicat - AKL
6/28 - 7/4 DisneyDiana - AKV

Can you put me down for AKL May 25-30? Thanks!

We've only stayed on night before in 2016, so I'm looking forward to it and the refurbished rooms.
May
5/3 - 5/7 P'colaBeachBum - AKL
5/5 - 5/10 Lilylogan -AKL
5/21 - 5/28 disprincesspatty - AKL Jambo
5/21 - 5/30 dancemom1 - AKV Jambo
5/24 - 5/29 karen4546 - AKV Jambo
5/25 - 5/30 amwildwood - AKL
5/27-5/28 DigitalOlli - AKV Jambo

I stayed in a DVC studio last year (pretty sure it was a standard one) and got lucky with an amazing partial savanna view! This year I’m staying in a deluxe studio and I’m curious if any rooms in that category have a partial savanna view. I’ll request one, but I wonder if it’s even a possibility with the deluxe studio.

Thank you!

I stayed in a DVC studio last year (pretty sure it was a standard one) and got lucky with an amazing partial savanna view! This year I’m staying in a deluxe studio and I’m curious if any rooms in that category have a partial savanna view. I’ll request one, but I wonder if it’s even a possibility with the deluxe studio.

Thank you!
Deluxe studio and studio are the same. The only separate category is a value studio.

Will be there Dec 18 - Jan 3 AKL Kidani
December
12/1 - 12/15 RailRunner - AKL
12/2 - 12/13 sndral - AKV Jambo
12/5 - 12/12 ZOOMAMA - AKL CL
12/6 - 12/9 goofball04 - AKL Jambo
12/11 - 12/17 Meglen - AKV Jambo
12/18 - 01/03 joech - AKL
12/25 - 1/17 Greg36 - AKL
12/27 - 1/3 Pooh12863 - AKL Jambo

Sorry then. I had a value studio and now I will have a deluxe. Do any of the deluxe studios have partial savanna views?
Are you sure you had a value? They are almost impossible to book unless you actually own at AKL. It’s very rare that you can rent points for one, and they are never booked directly through Disney. They are at the front of the building on the ostrich and giraffe trails.

there are deluxe studios with partial savanna views. If you want one, it is best to make that your only request.

Are you sure you had a value? They are almost impossible to book unless you actually own at AKL. It’s very rare that you can rent points for one, and they are never booked directly through Disney. They are at the front of the building on the ostrich and giraffe trails.

there are deluxe studios with partial savanna views. If you want one, it is best to make that your only request.
Super helpful! Thank you!

We were at the front of the resort, but it might have been a deluxe studio. I had a hard time finding anything partial about the view. It was such a dream.

Yes, they currently have a queen bed and the second sleeping surface is a double sleeper sofa. Occupancy in the studios is 4 plus an infant under age 3.
How are the sofa beds at kidani? Currently at SSR studio and DD does not like the sofa beds. Want to go to AKL next year and rent points. We had lunch today at Sanaa and the family was WOWED!

How are the sofa beds at kidani? Currently at SSR studio and DD does not like the sofa beds. Want to go to AKL next year and rent points. We had lunch today at Sanaa and the family was WOWED!
I am not sure how the Kidani sofa beds are for adults but my kids slept on the Kidani sofa bed last year and they said it was comfortable. In fact they were disappointed that we have 2 queen beds at Jambo this year!
Sanaa is my favourite restaurant!

The bold is not true.

Before our December 2019 stay at AKL, we watched the direct-through-Disney website availability for DVC rooms at AKL for almost two years for a wide range of dates to get an idea of what availability was like. For every date set there was ALWAYS value studios and one bedrooms available at some point for the general public to book directly from Disney. Not possible to know how many were available, so it literally could have been one of each, but they are available to the public.

As an example, here is the availability right now for Dec 1-2, 2020 for the non-club level studios and villas at AKL Jambo via the WDW website:

SW

Can you add us to the list - we will be at Kidani Village Nov 21-28!
November
11/1 - 11/6 P'colaBeachBum - AKL
11/4 - 11/10 goodeats - AKL Kidani
11/14 - 11/21 melissa723 - AKV CL
11/14 - 11/16 brewhome - AKV Jambo
11/15 - 11/20 tinabina919 - AKL Jambo
11/21 - 11/28 #1eeyoregirl - AKL Jambo
11/21 - 11/28 henry72 - AKL Kidani
11/27 - 12/5 Tomania- AKL Kidani
11/28 - 12/6 Eeyore daily - AKV Jambo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter