January 2008 Code Watch

Newbie here. Interested in how this works. I've never been to WDW, but have registered on the site and ordered the DVD. Do I sit here and hope they mail me a 40% code? We're planning to go in Jan. as well. And what do folks mean when they say they're "subscribing" to this thread?

Sorry, excuse my ignorance! All I know how to do right now is browse and put pictures in my replies.....:surfweb: But praying for a good discount b/c DH is very put off by the cost of this trip! :eek:

Re: the code: Yep! You just sit and hope Disney mails you one! You can also keep checking with Disney to see if you have a code "attached" to your name if you are in their system. Sign up for Disney's newsletters, too. No guarantees, but it might help.

Re: Subscribing. It means you want to be a part of this thread and get emailed any new posts to this thread when they are posted. So if codes come out, hopefully someone will post them here and you will get the info via e-mail. Just posting in a thread will "subscribe" you.

As far as other discounts, check out the discount section of these boards, and also subscribe to www.mousesavers.com's newsletter, as well as www.allearsnet.com's newsletters. They'll update you as soon as any public codes are released. I also check mousesavers website daily for any recent discounts.

Welcome to the DIS! (and your newest obsession!) :goodvibes

Subscribing. Jan 27-Jan 31. Hope to extend by 2 nights if a nice discount comes along.pixiedust:

Subscribing....only need 1 night (Jan 26) but I'd love to do a mod for my value budget!:thumbsup2

UPDATE: Bought our airfare and saved $280 by starting our trip a day earlier! Yeah! I made our reservation for 2 nights at POP today. I'd love a code so we could stay at CS instead, but since it is only 2 nights (then on to OKW 1 BR for 5 nights) I will be happy anywhere!

Count me in. ::yes:: We are going January 3rd thru 7th for a first ever stay at GF RPC. Think I'll just hang around here with everybody else and wait for a code. popcorn::

January 18-26 here. Already have BWV booked through a DVC member, but need to add 2 nights to the beginning of that--thinking either POR or AKL depending on codes--hoping for a room only discount.

codes? discounts? i love it! I'm looking at January too, though I doubt I'll get much of a discount, I think I'l join AAA this year-
Thanks for the marathon dates, we'll avoid them!

We are planning on going in early Jan. Our children don't go back to school until Jan 8 or 9 next year after winter break.

Subscribe Me! We're going Jan. 16-24 (15 people, five families). We can use all the help we can get!:yay:

:cool1: :banana: :banana:

We're going Jan. 13-18, will the marathon impact us too much? and are they not going to put out discounts b/c of it? Ohhh, I hope not, cheaper is always better. :dance3:

I am so excited! Just booked CSR Jan. 4-12! Cannot wait. Now I can formally begin my planning.

We were there over marathon weekend last year. I know they offered the ticket upgrades for free at that time and I think some people got codes that were good for those dates. I'll take anything!

We're going back! We're going back! We're going back! We're going back!
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :dance3: :dance3: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I was wondering if it is still way to early for me to get into this code and pin thing I am planning for July 08. I some how feel that if i start this early than I can ensure that I have a great trip we normally would stay at All Star Movies but want to try the Contemporary Resort and if I could get a great discount (40%) that would be great were from the Cayman Islands and can only come once a year so we stay for at least 16 days the cost can be very expensive! Where are some of the best places to find these codes and if I book through my travel agent can she use the code for me?:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :scared1:

Just wanted to add that Disney Magic (Cruise Ship) stops by our port weekly (Grand Cayman) you guys will love it here.

oh boy i'm all in on this one!!! me and 3 other girls are planning on Jan 14-18 (maybe adding 2 extra days for travel). this will be our graduation present to ourselves :-)cool1: ), so being poor college students, we will take whatever we can get! haha...we are so used to living on nothing, that being there will be like living with royalty!haha:rotfl:
we haven't booked anything yet, but i want to start doing some of that soon. i do have a question however, do i need to be registered somewhere in order to get the discounts? i heard somewhere that when i call to make room reservations all i do is ask if there are any codes attached to my name, is that correct or is there more that i need to be doing? ...ok that was more than one question...it's spring break for me...i dont' have to think!;)
wow this is a long post, i didn't think i could be that long-winded...oh well

here's to hoping for good discounts so that i dont' have to live on ramen noodles and spaghettios!:wizard:

I know several of you have already asked this, but I am going to ask again. ;) :rotfl: Does Disney usually exclude Marathon Weekend from the discount codes? If this has already been answered, please point me in the right direction, and excuse my ignorance. :blush: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

I wanna play too!!! We'll b e there from Dec. 28- Jan. 7- I need them for the 4-7th!

Subscribing! WE've got our ressies for WL standard room 1/30-2/5. We've even got our airline tickets with our frequent flyer miles. Things are looking goood! Now I need an AP discount and I'll be all set. Does anyone know what kind of prices they had for WL with AP this past Jan.?popcorn::

Well I think I FINALLY got my in-laws to agree to go January 19-25. They have barely been outside the state of PA, so we felt it is important for them to take a trip with us and the kids before they get too old and grumpy to take anywhere. (they are almost there, haha) We want to use the dining plan which ups our cost by $600, so I am hope-hope-hoping for a nice discount!
By the way, do the parks close unbarably early this time of year? Are the refurbishments heartbreaking??? Is it typically too cold to swim? (sigh) I hope there are not too many disappointments. Dont get me wrong, I cant wait to go! But I worry about these things......

I'm hoping for a code too! There wasn't one when we went Jan. '06. But in
'03 we got a moderate for $79 with a postcard!!

My husband just lost his job (the plant is closing) and here's hoping his new job will let him get the time off to go to Disney!!pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter