January 2008 Code Watch

Is there anywhere that lists events/groups that will be happening/going to DW by month? I'd like to avoid large groups when we go that might bring crowds to the parks or noise to the hotel. Thanks!

Subscribing! WE've got our ressies for WL standard room 1/30-2/5. We've even got our airline tickets with our frequent flyer miles. Things are looking goood! Now I need an AP discount and I'll be all set. Does anyone know what kind of prices they had for WL with AP this past Jan.?popcorn::

Don't know about WL, but we got an AP rate at AKL (std view, upgraded to savannah at check in) for $135.00 the night of Jan 29th :thumbsup2 It was a great time to go - we're planning on that week again next year as kids always have teacher's inservice days off - only thing iffy is the weather - you never know what you're going to get !

I Does Disney usually exclude Marathon Weekend from the discount codes? :blush: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Marathon weekend does not exclude codes BUT many resorts are booked up enough that they don't have code rooms available. Last year during marathon weekend most of the code rooms available were more expensive. We couldn't get anything at PO-FQ which is where our original reservation was. Also nothing at POR. WL and AKL were both available but only bunk bed room or more expensive. We ended up switching to AKL with savannah and bunk beds and it increased our cost by about $500 but obviously a much nicer room. We didn't check values but from the boards it seems like most of the discounts that very busy weekend were the higher priced rooms. Monorail resorts had nothing. We booked the first day the code came out (disney visa before public) and our TA kept checking for a few days after that to see if anything else opened up.

Hope this helps!

Yvonne

Marathon weekend does not exclude codes BUT many resorts are booked up enough that they don't have code rooms available. Last year during marathon weekend most of the code rooms available were more expensive. We couldn't get anything at PO-FQ which is where our original reservation was. Also nothing at POR. WL and AKL were both available but only bunk bed room or more expensive. We ended up switching to AKL with savannah and bunk beds and it increased our cost by about $500 but obviously a much nicer room. We didn't check values but from the boards it seems like most of the discounts that very busy weekend were the higher priced rooms. Monorail resorts had nothing. We booked the first day the code came out (disney visa before public) and our TA kept checking for a few days after that to see if anything else opened up.

Hope this helps!

Yvonne

Yes, Thank you! When does Disney usually release Jan. rates?

I am going to add my name to the list, although I am so new at this and a little overwhelmed right now.

Count me in as well...I just booked a std room at WL for Jan 25-Feb 1!!! I am so excited!!!!

Checking in, too. Still deciding between a possible September trip and a small trip in January, or one big AKL trip in January.

Has anybody seen any yet? I would settle for just getting rates at this point. :confused3

Count me in. I'm looking at the end of Jan beginning of Feb.

In the very early stages of thinking about maybe Jan 27-Feb 2 2008 here. . . so count me in!!:goodvibes

Subscribing!
I will be coming down in Jan to run the WDW marathon... :banana:

Hoping for some good discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter