January 2008 Code Watch

storybookstory

recovering from Affluenza...
I don't see a Jan 2008 code watch thread here yet, so I'm starting one! Here's hoping for a 40% off code for us too!

:lmao:

sbs

I'll join looking for AP rate or better Jan 1-5 will be there Dec 30-Jan 5.

I am totally on board. We are in the planning stages and not for sure since we are in the process of selling our farm and moving. But we are hoping for a mid January trip!

Newbie here. Interested in how this works. I've never been to WDW, but have registered on the site and ordered the DVD. Do I sit here and hope they mail me a 40% code? We're planning to go in Jan. as well. And what do folks mean when they say they're "subscribing" to this thread?

Sorry, excuse my ignorance! All I know how to do right now is browse and put pictures in my replies.....:surfweb: But praying for a good discount b/c DH is very put off by the cost of this trip! :eek:

Count us in! Going back for another January trip! Can't wait. Have'nt set dates yet. But looking at 8 nights in 2nd week of January.

One question, with it being a "new year" when do they typically announce any discounts? We did AAA last year and I am not sure that it was a better deal at the end when I heard about the ticket upgrades. So I am going it alone this time. Here's hoping!

subscribing!!!! We have plans for the end of Jan-Begining of Feb!!! Can't wait and hopin for those discounts!!!! wooooo ! ;)

can anyone tell me- is it worth it to wait for these codes to come out? or to book through AAA and save 20% on hotel room? i'm going in january to all stars movies and cant decide if i should book asap through AAA, or book through disney and add the codes.

We went this past Dec 31 through Jan 7 and there were codes available but not for the moderate hotels. I know they were offered at the All Star hotels. This was marathon weekend.

When planning your trips, keep in mind that the 2008 marathon weekend is Jan 11-Jan 13 so there is not a whole lot in the way of discounts around then.

Good luck!

I was told that AAA rates (room only) will come out around August. I've always booked a AAA rate when they came out, and then looked for additional codes, but we always went during Spring Break and there were NO discounts. I think if you had booked a AAA rate and a better code came along, you could change it...right?

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Am I understanding correctly that the marathon is the 11-13? If so we will be changing out travel time. A week earlier, darn! I hate that. Anyone know what the history for discounts either before or after the marathon??

Am I understanding correctly that the marathon is the 11-13? If so we will be changing out travel time. A week earlier, darn! I hate that. Anyone know what the history for discounts either before or after the marathon??

yep, that is marathon weekend. My DH is running the Goofy.

can anyone tell me- is it worth it to wait for these codes to come out? or to book through AAA and save 20% on hotel room? i'm going in january to all stars movies and cant decide if i should book asap through AAA, or book through disney and add the codes.

If you just want to book a room only you do not have to book through AAA to get a AAA discount. Just book your room and when AAA rates are released you can apply the discount to your room. Or, if a better discount comes out, then you apply that one.

Oh, and I'll join this thread as we're going next Jan. though we'll be there during the marathon so I guess no codes for us other than AAA.

So I'm not the only one with a "Goofy" husband? :goodvibes
DH is signed up for the Goofy challenge too so we will be there the week before the marathon. I guess it is unlikely there will be a discount, but here's hoping!

anyone know if the crowds or the rates will be worse because of the marathon? we were going to be there 6-13th. should i avoid this weekend?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter