• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

I am saving $20/nt at POR with Gift of Magic- meh. My TA is saying there is no SPD available and no Visa cardholder discount. What the heck? Why are other folks saying there is? Can I call and check or no because the reservation is under my TA?

I finally got mine sorted out. We are staying in a Nemo Suite @ AOA that I booked for rack rate in March of 2017. That room rate was locked in. Since then the price has gone up on that room. They were offering me a total of 15% off, which she told me included a Visa discount and the savings were only going to be $36.71 total. This is because the computer bases the 15% off of the 2018 room rates, not the 2017 rate that I am locked in for. She then ran the PSD for me, both QS and DDP, The quick service saved $225.61 and the DDP saved $225.84 so we are going with the SPD, DDP. This was not eligible for any additional Visa discounts.

No deal for us. We have rack rate POR garden view, however all that is available for our dates is King rooms at an extra $20 A night.

We might change to AK but that's $50 extra a night. I hope they release SPD as the room only discounts haven't been worthwhile for us.

Last edited:

Do you need a code for the Disney Visa discount or just call and use you Disney Visa? I did NOT receive a email. :(

I've never received an e-mail from Disney Visa - I just call to ask about it. Once I book a Disney Visa offer, I'm able to see other Disney Visa offers online.

This is really disappointing - was interested in WL, but at only 10%, I don't think so. So I booked standard at AKL and it's a great rate, but we just stayed at AKL in August and I was looking for something different for marathon weekend. I'd consider YC if something opens up. But as far as WL goes, I don't think that's going to happen, even if something opens up there. Again, 10%? Really?

Has anyone had any luck getting Boardwalk on the deal? I'm coming up with zero availability for it in this deal! Can't imagine that!

No luck thus far. A bit frustrating since my dates are available at full rack, but go away with the deal.

I just booked POR royal room SPD on the phone. Saved $220 over the rack rate for a standard room I had previously booked. I guess I'm happy with that.

What are your dates for POP? We have a standard room for Feb 1-8, 2018 and were able to apply the discount. In fact, it only showed the Standard rooms being able to apply the discount on MDE.

1/11-1/15 which I know will be a busy weekend. I actually booked it myself months ago and even then there weren't any standards left. I transferred it to my TA later.

Yeah, I got nothing. I cannot make a combo of price difference/dates that helps me at all, even when I try and break up the reservation or go to 2 rooms at a value instead of one somewhere else. This is not the first time I have been disappointed recently in the discounts. And the availability for annual passholders seems much worse than in the past, too. We are being priced out of even value resorts at this point.

Has anyone been able to find out if the Visa discount can be found online? I was finally able to book the "Gift of Magic" deal online, but I'd like to see if there's additional savings from Disney Visa. I'm on hold with an estimated 45 minute wait on the phone.

I just booked POR royal room SPD on the phone. Saved $220 over the rack rate for a standard room I had previously booked. I guess I'm happy with that.

How? I called twice this morning and was told that Royals weren't included/or no availability for either offer. I have standard rate for this. Then I tried to just add TS dining to my existing ressie and again cant do it. I asked about the ticketless pkg and "Corbin" said it was annual passholders only. At work at the moment so will call AGAIN at lunch. Not holding out much hope by then.

I'm trying to call to see if I can add the Disney Visa discount but I'm getting the "we're sorry, all circuits are busy" message. Anyone else?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter