Jen's on her way to pick up a baby girl!!

I just read the whole thing and I am such a mix of emotions- shock, anger, and relief most of all. I can't believe that they would treat you two so poorly. What the heck does it matter who you love? If you are providing the little one with a good home, that's all that counts. It absolutely sickens me that the biological mother can abuse the baby or allow her to be abused and yet she can just keep on having kids but two decent people are scrutinized to death and put through the wringer just to help that baby out. Ugh. Disgusting world that we live in.

Anyhow, putting my anger and disgust away for a minute, I am so very happy that it all seems to have worked out for now. I would consider pursuing the lawsuit(s) and taking any winnings and either donating a large portion to the ACLU or setting up some sort of trust or foundation to help people in similar predicaments. Good luck!

Wow, what a story. We are almost done with our foter parenting classes, and you know, they just don't tell you some of the "real life" stories when they are training you for all the generalized foster parenting stuff.

I can''t wait to be a foster mom, but I know there are going to be heartbreaking times also.

Wow, what a story. We are almost done with our foter parenting classes, and you know, they just don't tell you some of the "real life" stories when they are training you for all the generalized foster parenting stuff.

I can''t wait to be a foster mom, but I know there are going to be heartbreaking times also.

You're definitely right about that! There's no way that they can possibly tell you all that you need to know about being a foster parent. But they give you a good foundation, and the rest just seems to fall into place.
It's definitely not an easy job. But let me just tell you that there is a reward so much greater than I can possibly describe. I was laying in bed last night thinking about the craziness of all of this...I didn't give birth to this precious little girl, and I may not get the reward of watching her grow to a wonderful young woman. But right now my reward is in knowing that when no one else can be there to hold her and protect her and to keep her safe, we're here. It's so crazy to me that we're the ones God chose to be here for her. I'm not sure how the whole order of things works, but I am eternally grateful nonetheless.

I hope that things move swiftly for you and your DH, and that you get a placement right away. Lord knows there are MANY babies in need of good homes! Let me also just mention that Jen and I probably would have gotten a placement much sooner, but when we bought our house, it took us a while to get settled in and get our homestudy revised. So there was a bit of a lapse between becoming licensed and actually getting our first placement. So don't look at the time it took for us to get a placement and get discouraged. Some friends of ours who foster got their first placement within 3 weeks of getting their license!! :)

Good luck, and keep me posted! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter