Jiko

mumsy1955

DISNEY FAN
Opinions please,thinking of having meal here after wedding for possibly 9 of us (not a "reception" ) We are staying at AKL

Loved it the first time hated the second time. The first time it was my husband and I and we were seated in a center room
That was sort of partitioned off. It was lovely and our server was lovely. Second experience was with my family three girls 15 19 and 21. It was for my 21 year olds birthday. So it was a special occasion. We always arrive 15 minutes early but still waited an hour plus for our table. They put us right out side the kitchen and the server was rude and the service was terrible. I still like the food but I won't go back. I'd maybe call Disney Dining get ideas. I know it's not a reception but depending what kind of food and atmosphere you'd like I'd think Artist Point might be a good choice. It's much more chill at wilderness lodge. A loud expensive hip place we liked at Disney springs was STK. Good luck

I love Jiko, I think that would be great choice for an after-wedding meal, especially since you're staying at AKL. I've been there twice and it was great both times. If you have any people with food restrictions, there's the allergy menu of course, but there are also separate vegan and vegetarian menus on request. We love their food, and the restaurant is so pretty. We're going back next trip.

We were just o.k. with it, it was a one and done for us. We just thought the food was o.k. and certainly not worth the price. We don't mind paying for a good meal (we just had dinner at V&A's last week to the tune of $735 for two people and thought it was worth it). The service was fine, but it was just o.k. I think our bill came to over $150 for two people and we had no appetizers, no dessert, no after dinner coffee. My son had steak, I had fish and we both got a wine flight. I got the white, he got the red and both flights actually had two of the same wines in them with only one being different, which is just weird. Neither of us finished our meals so there was plenty of food.

We loved it and thought it was fantastic. After eating here for the first time on our last trip we decided it will probably the place we head for all special occasions in the future. We had excellent service and the food was superb!

Wonderful. It was the second best meal we had last trip, coming second to V&A. The food is just amazing and I wasn't too sure about the menu beforehand.

Our server was great fun too. We had a real laugh and joke with her and she gave us free dessert :)

If you have any people with food restrictions, there's the allergy menu of course, but there are also separate vegan and vegetarian menus on request.
I was just there a couple of weeks ago - I'm vegetarian and when I told my server, I was not offered a separate menu. He told me that the tamale dish (corn something - cannot recall the exact name) was vegetarian or that the kitchen could serve a larger portion of a rice side dish. I'm not sure if something has changed there, or perhaps it was the particular server we had?

I was just there a couple of weeks ago - I'm vegetarian and when I told my server, I was not offered a separate menu. He told me that the tamale dish (corn something - cannot recall the exact name) was vegetarian or that the kitchen could serve a larger portion of a rice side dish. I'm not sure if something has changed there, or perhaps it was the particular server we had?
Huh, I've been able to get a separate menu in the past, but I've always asked for it specifically. I hope they haven't removed it! It was nice to have a few more options. Well I'll be there in a few weeks and I'll ask and see what they say. Thanks for the heads up!

Have had nothing but great meals, excellent service, and a lovely experience at Jiko. Any restaurant will have an off night from time to time, and any Signature at Disney is overpriced. That being said, I think you should give it a try.

It is a beautiful restaurant. Very unique, with wonderful staff and delicious food, as long as you are adventurous. I would say that it will make a truly memorable dinner following a wedding. Congrats to the happy couple!

Fantastic special occasion restaurant. We've eaten there 3-4 times and it's always been great.

Like another poster we loved it the first time and could't wait to go back but hated it the second time. Menu used to be great, unusual with different foods. It as been well dumbed down and now isn;t worth the price tag in my opinion.

I adore this restaurant! We've eaten here about 7 times. Our last time was this May and it was another excellent meal.

Jiko's has always been a hit with me except for dessert. I have yet to get a dessert worthy of the calories so now I go somewhere else for dessert. But cocktails, appetizers and entrees have always been wonderful!

I love Jiko! It probably helps that each time we have gone, we have been seated in the wine room :) its a great option if you are adventurous at bit....

One of our favorites! Can be very crowded early, depending on the day. Going later may work better for a larger group. Definitely get ADR for that size group. Our last trip, we had ADR and they were still 30+ minutes behind. Was worth the wait.

We've been five times for a late dinner it has always been a wonderful experience. Excellent food and service. Great atmosphere.

By far my favorite place on Disney property. Wonderful ambiance, menu is always great, and the servers are usually very personable. This is a great "long" dinner, and the AKL in general is a great dinner option (fabulous lounge at Victoria Falls, and always fun to wander outside after dinner). It would be perfect for a Wedding weekend meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter