JUNE/JULY Hilton Head Island ROLL CALL WHO IS EXCITED?!?!

kaw1106 said:
Did I miss something????
DIS board memebers often wear LIME GREEN ribbons to ID each other. I have a roll of wrapping ribbon that is lime green.... I tag my luggage (makes it oh so easy to find) and I have ribbons on my purses/backpacks.

I have run into a diser in line for Haunted Manision... it was cool.

HTH

We will be at HHI July 31-August 6. DW and myself in a 1BR. This will be our second trip to HHI, but the first time during the summer. We're both very excited about this trip. What's funny is it comes just two weeks after we will be out on vacation at Las Vegas, Arizona and the Grand Canyon. I've never taken two vacations so close together. I retire next year though and if I don't use up all my vacation this year, I will loose it.

BTW - if there is anyone out there that will be at HHI the same time we will be and would be interested in playing a round of golf, I'd love to hear from you. I'm not really good (basically a bogey+ golfer), but I do enjoy playing alot.

We're excited! Less than a month to go! :cool1:

I have a packing list started. DS and his fiance canceled on us, so it will be just the three of us rattling around in that big 2 bdrm!
Hope we can meet up with some of our fellow DISers while we're there.

Did you see in the Vacation Magic that you can call the resort to pre-book Star Spangled Tuesdays and the Low-Country Boil?

Colleen

Will be there July 4th week with DW, DD (11) and DD (7). We all love to visit during this week - creating nice memories for our old age.

scootersmom said:
We're excited! Less than a month to go! :cool1:

Did you see in the Vacation Magic that you can call the resort to pre-book Star Spangled Tuesdays and the Low-Country Boil?

Colleen

I can't find my copy of the Vacation Magic. We are going in less than a month too (also excited!). I would like to prebook these events. I looked at the DVC website and cannot find a way to do this. Would you please post the "how to book" information? Thanks. Sandie

Sandie,

Sorry, I should have included more info.

The VM says:
"Members visiting Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort now may pre-book Star Spangled Tuesdays and The Edmund's Family Low-Country Boil by calling the Resort at (843) 341-4150 prior to arrival."

Well, I guess that was't much more info, was it? :teeth:

Colleen

Just bumping up to say....

I hope everyone has a wonderful stay at Disney's Hilton Head Island resort!!!

We are 13 days and counting and I am bouncing off the walls!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

As a DVCer headed to HHI forthe first time this August, could I please ask one of you wonderful June/July folks to grab a listing of the activities while you're there? I'm curious as to timing for a few of the things (especially kid's night out and the BBQ and shrimp boil nights...)

Enjoy your travels and post 'em on the boards ... we love to live vicariously through others! :)

July 23-30...DW, DH, DS and our parents!! Can't wait, it's our home resort and by far the best.

Me,dh, and ds(8) will be there July 17th thru the 22nd! :Pinkbounc But, we were wondering what is Star Spangled Tuesdays??? Also, would love to meet someone with ds to play with our ds! :Pinkbounc

gopherit-- I always bring home the info we get on our trips and would be happy to fill you in on activity times when we get back.

I wonder if the schedule stays pretty much the same through the summer.

Only 14 days till we check in and I can't wait! :banana:

Colleen

Star spangled tuesdays the resort has a BBQ and pool activites (dancing, games and such) then when it gets dark.... the fireworks begin and when they are done, everyone has a chance to toast smores!

The thread I linked in the first post sends you to a great thread with lots of info on everything HHI has to offer!

Just happenned to find this post after seeing the thread on the DVC board that was so graciously started by Laurabearz, also..... about "your favorite things to do while at HH".

We will be making our 6th trip to HH. This will the 3rd time that we have brought my spouse's folks along. This time her brought and his wife are coming in from Houston for their first trip. It will be sixth trip for our 7 and 5 year old boys. Their 2 year old little brother is making his 2nd trip. We used to visit in May and occasionally before that darn school thing got in the way. This will be our first non-offseason visit.

We arrive this Sunday, June 5 checking out on Friday, June 10. Hope everyone has a great trip and that we all have decent weather.

Please add us to the list. We will be there June 4-11.My husband will be returning to work on 6/5 leaving me with three boys and one girl. Hopefully some of my friends nearby are coming for a day or so. I will have ds 8, nephews 10 and 12, and dd 12. If you see a small blonde with a lot of kids, please say hi.

Becky

Just fully updated the list... seems like there are several DISers each week.... too cool!

I hope everyone gets a chance to meet up with another DISer (and a dvc diser too boot! HANNAME).... and remember... TAKE PICTURES!!!!

FYI for any DISers there over the 4th of July weekend :wave2: , we're having sort of an unofficial porch decorating contest...bring your red, white and blue items to decorate your porch with; lights, bunting, flags..whatever! It's just for the fun of it, no prizes that i know of except maybe to get your picture posted on the DIS, lol. :cool1: Just about a month away now!!!!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter