Just Arrived, Triple Dipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonmar

Mouseketeer
Went to MK today after spending a night at Port Orleans Ghettoside motel in order to use FP+. Anyhow, park tickets purchased separately from Disney, as well as KTTW cards pulled paper fast passes independently of each other and FP+ was not affected. The park was very busy.

Just an FYI, we've been seeing the "just arrived/just back" threads moved from the TPAS board (presumably to trip reports or the TP Community Board). Just in case you go to check up on your thread and don't see it on this board anymore.

Enjoy your visit to the World!

Just an FYI, we've been seeing the "just arrived/just back" threads moved from the TPAS board (presumably to trip reports or the TP Community Board). Just in case you go to check up on your thread and don't see it on this board anymore.

Enjoy your visit to the World!

I realize that. I just wanted to give an update on what is working for FP. I was not aware that the magic band gets you free parking at the parks though, so that brings our stay at the motel down to a less than outright robbery price.

When we checked in I was told the ability to pull multiple FP will be removed soon.

I realize that. I just wanted to give an update on what is working for FP. I was not aware that the magic band gets you free parking at the parks though, so that brings our stay at the motel down to a less than outright robbery price.

When we checked in I was told the ability to pull multiple FP will be removed soon.

I'm not sure what you expected....PO is a very nice resort. And having a magic band isn't what gets you free parking...it's the mere fact that you are staying at a WDW resort, or that you have an AP.
Have fun triple dipping...while it lasts!

All I can say is that I am incredibly envious of you at this point in time. :thumbsup2

And I agree with you on the POR. Glad you only suffered through one night.

I realize that. I just wanted to give an update on what is working for FP. I was not aware that the magic band gets you free parking at the parks though, so that brings our stay at the motel down to a less than outright robbery price. When we checked in I was told the ability to pull multiple FP will be removed soon.

Being an onsite resort guest gets you free parking at the parks. I'll take the bait-why did you call it "Port Orleans Ghettoside Motel"?

This is not news. Why do people keep posting this? You could pull FPs with old room keys and practically anything with a magnetic strip months ago. They don't seem to have changed it, but the legacy fastpass machines are on their way out soon. Who cares? :confused3

I always heard great things about POR. What was it that you didn't like at that hotel? Truly just curious, as I've never been. Also, that's great you can still triple dip while you can. When we were at Pop but didn't realize we could. We did pull passes from KTTW and the 3 FP off our magic bands and we got a ton of rides in because of that!

Also, what hotels do you normally stay at while in Disney? Do you typically stay off-site?

This is not news. Why do people keep posting this? You could pull FPs with old room keys and practically anything with a magnetic strip months ago. They don't seem to have changed it, but the legacy fastpass machines are on their way out soon. Who cares? :confused3

It's called an update, not news. I suspect there are some on here like myself that read the boards for info before their trip and find the weeks to months old info in your post of little help. We all know Disney doesn't intend someone to triple dip and that that ability will discontinue at any time. My update was so that those traveling in the near term could still hope.

It's called an update, not news. I suspect there are some on here like myself that read the boards for info before their trip and find the weeks to months old info in your post of little help. We all know Disney doesn't intend someone to triple dip and that that ability will discontinue at any time. My update was so that those traveling in the near term could still hope.

Thank you for the update. I see nothing wrong with your post.
Some of us are are wondering what you don't like about PO "Ghettoside". That did give me a laugh though.

I'm not sure what you expected....PO is a very nice resort. And having a magic band isn't what gets you free parking...it's the mere fact that you are staying at a WDW resort, or that you have an AP.
Have fun triple dipping...while it lasts!

Except that I am not staying on property anymore and I was just waved through the parking gate without paying by showing my magic band. So is it staying on property or was it the band that got me free parking?

Except that I am not staying on property anymore and I was just waved through the parking gate without paying by showing my magic band. So is it staying on property or was it the band that got me free parking?

It was a CM who incorrectly assumed that because you were wearing a MB, you were staying in a resort.

I expect that will stop happening in about 5... 4... 3... 2... 1.... (right after the web monitoring team calls Parking Operations...)

Have fun with your triple dipping, I'm jealous. For anyone who is staying at "Port Orleans Ghettoside", be aware this information being shared (for no other purpose than to educate, of course ;)) will not be valid starting January 7th. POG is one of the first resorts to lose their KTTW cards.

It was probably the assumption that since you're still wearing your MB that you're staying onsite.

Thank you for the update. I see nothing wrong with your post.
Some of us are are wondering what you don't like about PO "Ghettoside". That did give me a laugh though.

Just got to MK. I'll elaborate on PO tonight.

Ahhhh! Very interesting.

Also, you said it was very busy - could you let us know if you see any CM's with the "FastPass" pole signs acting as human end-of-FP-line markers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter