Just Arrived, Triple Dipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I reported it they simply said they would send someone to properly clean the room. Nothing else offered. I didn't ask since I figured if they weren't offering they weren't bright enough to 'get it'.

Quick question... When you reported it, did you call the front desk or go down to the front desk?

We certainly never had that experience or impression from our stay there (or had/have heard similar concerns raised), but if it was me I would have went down to the front desk and asked to speak to a manager to move to another room or come with me to show him/her the situation. WDW is pretty good and fair in dealing with these types of concerns and very willing to assist.

Quite an interesting post...the word troll...comes to mind...just stayed this weekend at POR and sure didn't pay that price. Room was great, and service fantastic. I always love the descrptic comments of finding pubes. NOT........

Quite an interesting post...the word troll...comes to mind...just stayed this weekend at POR and sure didn't pay that price. Room was great, and service fantastic. I always love the descrptic comments of finding pubes. NOT........

Would you like to know the word that came to mind when I read your post?

As for my description, any adult should be able to stomach the short form I used. In any case, I was expecting an attack when I pronounced Disney less than perfect.

As far as price goes, I booked my room directly from Disney. I suspect that the price would be pretty easy to verify, detective.

As far as lawyer being in you, there's something you should know before you start name calling. I've got it in me too, officially. Move along before you embarrass yourself.

I don't know what constitutes a "troll" unless they have one of three names, but that is beside the point. You have like 22 posts more than the accused. In internet law you could be viewed the same way. I don't think there was a need to go whole hog on the OP.

But then that is just the Judge Judy in me speaking.:rolleyes1

The PP was asking if you called the front desk or went to the front desk. If you actually went to the front desk, you would possibly have gotten a more satisfactory response.

If I actually went??? What is that supposed to mean? I went to the front desk on our way to dinner. Their response was to clean the room. I guess I could have started stomping my feet in the hopes of some compensation but quite honestly I value my time more than the non life changing amount they conceivably would have adjusted.

If I actually went??? What is that supposed to mean? I went to the front desk on our way to dinner. Their response was to clean the room. I guess I could have started stomping my feet in the hopes of some compensation but quite honestly I value my time more than the non life changing amount they conceivably would have adjusted.

Settle down there, skippy. Don't go all DEFCON 1 on me. If you call the "front desk", you more than likely won't get the front desk at all but a call center, who may not be as sympathetic. Some of us are trying to help, you know. See ya.

Our experience at Port Orleans Riverside was not good. While I don't want to do an entire hotel review I will say this much:

The room was dirty. M&Ms on the floor. We picked up seven in total. Pubes in the shower and a ball of hair behind the bathroom door accented the blood smear on one of the beds. There is nowhere on Earth that that is considered moderate or worth $230+ per night.

Anyhow, we'll see if my KTTW cards are disabled on the 7th.

We stayed there in Nov and our bathroom was disgusting. There dust bunnies under the stink they had to be 6 months in the making. There long black hairs around the toilet... we are a family of Blondes.....

I would called the manager and demanded a discount. What you found was just too gross for words.

I don't know what constitutes a "troll" unless they have one of three names, but that is beside the point. You have like 22 posts more than the accused. In internet law you could be viewed the same way. I don't think there was a need to go whole hog on the OP.

But then that is just the Judge Judy in me speaking.:rolleyes1

:laughing:

When we dealt with the manager....

first I called the front desk for coffee supplies and fresh towels since the maid didn't leave any. when they came to my room with the supplies I showed them the mess in the bathroom and she said she would have the manager call me right away. One did and gave us one night free.

We were also having issues of a wake up call every morning around 2:30 am that we did not schedule but wouldn't stop no matter how many times we complained, we had to unplug our phone in our room.

I agree POR is not worth the $$$ they charge for it.

Sorry you had a bad experience! We stayed there in November, but we only paid $140/night (AP discounts). It was very clean and we enjoyed the resort very much. I don't think I would ever spend >$200 on a moderate- and I like all of the moderates! (they have downsides but we greatly prefer them to values, so much quieter!)

I believe the OP about the condition of the room at POR. We stayed there in Sept 2012. While we thought the resort was beautiful and enjoyed our stay, the room was less than stellar in terms of the cleanliness. The fridge didn't work, the a/c was leaking water onto the carpet which gave the room a damp/mildew smell and the bathroom was not clean.

I called the front desk (long before I knew that didn't really go to the front desk) and didn't receive much help or sympathy. I didn't pursue anything further b/c we were only there for 2 nights before we moved to another resort. We did have some problems with deliveries that we had coming to POR and the staff there went above and beyond to help us. I give major kudos to the front desk staff but to mousekeeping...not so much...

Settle down there, skippy. Don't go all DEFCON 1 on me. If you call the "front desk", you more than likely won't get the front desk at all but a call center, who may not be as sympathetic. Some of us are trying to help, you know. See ya.

I never left Defcon 5, despite your condescending moniker of 'skippy'. I know you're a helpful user and you've helped me in the past, but you should temper your ire when someone walks into your saloon.

For those interested I'll report the parking situation and the ability to triple dip today at DHS.

I would do a comment on trip advisor... I know the hotels read those. Maybe they will do something about it.

I never left Defcon 5, despite your condescending moniker of 'skippy'. I know you're a helpful user and you've helped me in the past, but you should temper your ire when someone walks into your saloon.

For those interested I'll report the parking situation and the ability to triple dip today at DHS.

The "skippy" was because you got so snippy when mesaboy asked if you actually went to the front desk, and you got all up in arms. He was merely asking if you actually went down to the front desk as opposed to calling the front desk. What people have been trying to tell you is that if you call the front desk, you don't get the front desk...you get a call center. Mesaboy wasn't accusing you of anything, but you took it the wrong way and got defensive and nasty with him.
Everyone...step away from your keyboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter