Just back and holy wah did someone get over served!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry. I was at work. After work, I took my kids to pick out pumpkins to carve and then we went to dinner.

TITLE 18
CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS
CHAPTER 64
RIOT, ROUT, UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY,
PRIZE FIGHTING, DISTURBING PEACE
18-6409. DISTURBING THE PEACE. Every person who maliciously and wilfully
disturbs the peace or quiet of any neighborhood, family or person, by loud or
unusual noise, or by tumultuous or offensive conduct, or by threatening,
traducing, quarreling, challenging to fight or fighting, or fires any gun or
pistol, or uses any vulgar, profane or indecent language within the presence
or hearing of children, in a loud and boisterous manner
, is guilty of a
misdemeanor.

Crap, if they moved WDW to Idaho my touring plan's going to be way off.

I'm sorry. I was at work. After work, I took my kids to pick out pumpkins to carve and then we went to dinner.

TITLE 18
CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS
CHAPTER 64
RIOT, ROUT, UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY,
PRIZE FIGHTING, DISTURBING PEACE
18-6409. DISTURBING THE PEACE. Every person who maliciously and wilfully
disturbs the peace or quiet of any neighborhood, family or person, by loud or
unusual noise, or by tumultuous or offensive conduct, or by threatening,
traducing, quarreling, challenging to fight or fighting, or fires any gun or
pistol, or uses any vulgar, profane or indecent language within the presence
or hearing of children, in a loud and boisterous manner
, is guilty of a
misdemeanor.

Well I googled this. Apparently its an Idaho State Law, not a federal law. So okay, swearing in front of children is illegal in Idaho. But Epcot isn't in Idaho.

That seems to be from Idaho. Which would be a state law, not federal.
yeah, it looks like it may be state. Florida, Georgia, Idaho etc. seems its a law in every state. At least everyone I just looked up. But everyone is arguing the case which is really moral. An adult should know better that to cuss in front of children. When I hear one just letting the F word fly in the presence of his or her small child I just shake my head.

What I find bizarre is all the adults that think it's alright to swear in front of children. Like I said, so what if people are drunk. I drink. My wife drinks. A lot of adults do. Any adult with an ounce of decency would not swear in front of small children. Period. That's just having respect. And yes I cuss but I never ever cuss within ear shot of women I don't know or children. My father taught me to respect others first and foremost.

Honestly, the idea that women are special snowflakes who can't be cursed around and shouldn't curse is annoyingly sexist. I'm a woman, I curse just as much as any man I work with, and some of them actually apologize to me when they swear in front of me. It just seems condescending. But maybe I'm more sensitive to it as a woman in a male dominated field who just wants to be treated the same.

Honestly, the idea that women are special snowflakes who can't be cursed around and shouldn't curse is annoyingly sexist. I'm a woman, I curse just as much as any man I work with, and some of them actually apologize to me when they swear in front of me. It just seems condescending. But maybe I'm more sensitive to it as a woman in a male dominated field who just wants to be treated the same.

and swearing is your way of being treated the same. Shaking my head in disbelief. There are so many ways that I would want to be treated the same i.e. equal compensation for the same job, the breaking of the glass ceiling, not be leered at just for walking by. Wow!!

and swearing is your way of being treated the same. Shaking my head in disbelief. There are so many ways that I would want to be treated the same i.e. equal compensation for the same job, the breaking of the glass ceiling, not be leered at just for walking by. Wow!!

Where did I say I wanted to be leered at? I just want people to speak to me like they do to any of my other coworkers. I'm not offended by the occasional curse word and I drop them myself. Someone thinking I'm too sensitive to hear swears because I'm a woman is sexist and condescending.

I can admit when I am wrong. So I am wrong. Its not a federal law but it is a law in Florida also.But, this whole thread is way off topic. As far as the person that wants men to cuss in front of her, good for you. I personally don't do it. I was taught to say Yes Ma'am, yes Sir, hold the door, give up my seat for a lady or child, never use profanity in the presence of a lady or child, etc. etc. In my book it's just being polite and if being polite offends you then I have nothing else to say.

4. So this idea.... I have to disagree drunken behavior at Epcot is just plain inappropriate. Its going to happen but its not appropriate and should not be justified. If you had a bad day or week let your guard down at your own house not out in public. Again i know it happens all the time but its not appropriate pure and simple
I'm not sure that we disagree here, but I think you pivoted away from the main point. I was not suggesting that getting drunk at Epcot was appropriate any more than I was suggesting that getting drunk at a baby shower is appropriate. I was suggesting that over consumption is no less expected at Epcot. The "But this is Disney" refrain makes no more sense than saying "But this is a family picnic" or "But this is a baby shower." The people who think that the level of purity at Epcot should be higher than the level of purity at other social gatherings are delusional.

I can admit when I am wrong. So I am wrong. Its not a federal law but it is a law in Florida also.But, this whole thread is way off topic. As far as the person that wants men to cuss in front of her, good for you. I personally don't do it. I was taught to say Yes Ma'am, yes Sir, hold the door, give up my seat for a lady or child, never use profanity in the presence of a lady or child, etc. etc. In my book it's just being polite and if being polite offends you then I have nothing else to say.
Eh, as a woman I don't mind being treated differently if it's because someone is being MORE respectful toward me than they are to men. I think it's sweet, Jimmy, and in my family, boys were raised similarly (and girls were raised to appreciate it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter