Just booked a Disney cruise

How exciting! Great price too! :thumbsup2

We weren't going to go on a cruise this year (having been on one for the past couple of years), however the lure is just too strong! I'm thinking of booking a 3-nighter for our October trip. I'd rather have longer but it fits in with our plans.

Wow, what a great price

When you think of everything that is included in terms of food and entertainment that is a total bargain

Enjoy the planning!

Lucky you Wayne, sounds like youve got some fab plans for your anniversary.:)

Wow, what a great price

When you think of everything that is included in terms of food and entertainment that is a total bargain

Enjoy the planning!

I keep forgetting that when I look at the prices-even though I still think theyre pretty good. :thumbsup2

Sounds great , we are already planning our next DCL trip. We loved our last short cruise. Can't wait to go for a longer trip.

:rotfl:

DISwolves & burt (Nigel & Mart) wanted us to join them on another 4 nighter this year, too expensive. the 14 nighter is only £270pp more than the 4 nighter this August.

don't I know it :mad: because of my job, I can only go in school holidays, but I'm limited even further than that as I have to be back for A level results day (approximately 14th August) which means that this summer all I could have done was the Greece or Venice cruise (which I couldn't afford on top of Florida at Easter) or a 4 nighter, but H's brother is getting married in the middle of it so that was out too! Next summer is the same story, but the 4 night we can manage. We need to do work on the house so Florida is out for next year unless an amazing deal comes up - the four night cruise plus 2 nights in Barcelona should cost us about £1500 for the two of us including flights so that's my Disney fix until 2015!

don't I know it :mad: because of my job, I can only go in school holidays, but I'm limited even further than that as I have to be back for A level results day (approximately 14th August) which means that this summer all I could have done was the Greece or Venice cruise (which I couldn't afford on top of Florida at Easter) or a 4 nighter, but H's brother is getting married in the middle of it so that was out too! Next summer is the same story, but the 4 night we can manage. We need to do work on the house so Florida is out for next year unless an amazing deal comes up - the four night cruise plus 2 nights in Barcelona should cost us about £1500 for the two of us including flights so that's my Disney fix until 2015!

I hope this Aug is the last time we go in school hols, we have paid our fair share over the past few years:sad1:

I hope this Aug is the last time we go in school hols, we have paid our fair share over the past few years:sad1:

I thought I was done with it and here I am planning on an August 2014 family trip and joining the :scared1: crowd looking at the flight prices :). Offer Matt a financial incentive not to pair up with a teacher ;)

I've just been looking at one-way Virgin flights back from Florida, so hope you do manage a reward flight! However, Aer Lingus at $1400 for 2 was not too bad .... bet you manage to bring it in at a lot less !!

I thought I was done with it and here I am planning on an August 2014 family trip and joining the :scared1: crowd looking at the flight prices :). Offer Matt a financial incentive not to pair up with a teacher ;)

I've just been looking at one-way Virgin flights back from Florida, so hope you do manage a reward flight! However, Aer Lingus at $1400 for 2 was not too bad .... bet you manage to bring it in at a lot less !!

I hope he or his partner doesn't work in a school, a Uni wouldn't be too bad though.:goodvibes

I have been checking the same day this Sept to get an idea of one way flights, the cruise ends Sat 20th then 1 week in Orlando fly home 27th. This year that Sat = 28th http://www.kayak.co.uk/flights/MCO-MAN/2013-09-28/3adults
£725 for all 3 of us with Aer Lingus. At that price its not worth using 67,000 VA airmiles, the taxes and fees will be about £600.

I have been checking the same day this Sept to get an idea of one way flights, the cruise ends Sat 20th then 1 week in Orlando fly home 27th. This year that Sat = 28th http://www.kayak.co.uk/flights/MCO-MAN/2013-09-28/3adults
£725 for all 3 of us with Aer Lingus. At that price its not worth using 67,000 VA airmiles, the taxes and fees will be about £600.

:thumbsup2 That would be a great price; should have known you'd be working on it too - and with a much cheaper result :lmao:

:thumbsup2 That would be a great price; should have known you'd be working on it too - and with a much cheaper result :lmao:
Next year could be totally different, I hope not though, I would be very happy with that price :goodvibes

We are doing this cruise too .... have done 2 WBTA cruises and they were so good it was crazy not to, particularly at the price we paid. Travelling with our 4 adult kids, my Mum, and 2 family friends, plus lots of Disney friends on board.
Also hoping to do the EBTA so that we can book return flights.

Looking forward to meeting you all :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I am having to pull back from getting carried away with the cruise trip, I have at least 3 trips to plan before next Sept so cruise planning is going to have to wait until a lot nearer. I will keep posting on the thread but my head is spinning with too much planning.

I know what you mean - it's going to take ages to read through the Cruise thread - it took me most of last evening to work out what they meant by WBTA :rotfl2: Can't see much housework getting done!

As long as I can get the time off (fingers crossed!) I think we are going to join you!
It's a fab price and visits some great places!

Excited!

TA cruises are always the best bang for the buck!!!

i would LOVE to do a TA, but DH simply can't take that time...

this year is our 35th, and i'm hoping to do a cruise in august..
i still haven't booked as the prices in august in the Caribbean are beastly...
i'm hoping it will drop a few weeks before..
i'm hoping for either the allure of the seas or the freedom of the seas.....whichever is the better buy two weeks before sail date..

we have reservations on the disney magic in summer 2014....i think in august, but i don't recall...the 4 day cruise out of barcelona...the whole family is booked together (3 staterooms)....probably one stateroom on the 4 day costs more than your TA cruise!!! :eek:

maybe i can find a friend to go on a TA with me....i know there are people who go it alone, but i don't think i'd enjoy myself...

AAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My DH had booked it without telling me!!

So very excited!!!
I've never been on a cruise before so I cannot wait!!!

EEEPPPP!!!!!
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

AAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My DH had booked it without telling me!!

So very excited!!!
I've never been on a cruise before so I cannot wait!!!

EEEPPPP!!!!!
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

You'll love it!

We are booked on a 12 night med cruise from Barcelona next July which includes Greece, turkey and Malta, on top of the ports in France and Italy which we did on the magic in 2011 :)

:goodvibes

i couldn't resist checking this one out - i see it ends in San Juan....interesting...much better to end there, than to start there..

so are you flying back to the UK from Puerto Rico? or continuing to the US and then back to the UK from there?

the ports on this cruise are great!!!
sounds like a fantastic TA!!!

i would love to go, but it just doesn't work for us...
i've been hoping to do a TA for a while now..

eventually i'll find one that works with our schedule.

as for anniversaries, we'll be on the Allure for our 35th in just a few weeks from now!! :)

i couldn't resist checking this one out - i see it ends in San Juan....interesting...much better to end there, than to start there..

so are you flying back to the UK from Puerto Rico? or continuing to the US and then back to the UK from there?

the ports on this cruise are great!!!
sounds like a fantastic TA!!!

i would love to go, but it just doesn't work for us...
i've been hoping to do a TA for a while now..

eventually i'll find one that works with our schedule.

as for anniversaries, we'll be on the Allure for our 35th in just a few weeks from now!! :)

We will be getting a flight upto Orlando and having a week there. JetBlue do the San Juan~MCO route for about £70pp then a one way flight back to UK, hopefully Aer Lingus will have similar prices to this year at around £250pp(now jumped to £450)

We will be getting a flight upto Orlando and having a week there. JetBlue do the San Juan~MCO route for about £70pp then a one way flight back to UK, hopefully Aer Lingus will have similar prices to this year at around £250pp(now jumped to £450)

jet blue's great!
we're flying them from jfk to mco next month...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter