Just booked a Disney cruise

We will be getting a flight upto Orlando and having a week there. JetBlue do the San Juan~MCO route for about £70pp then a one way flight back to UK, hopefully Aer Lingus will have similar prices to this year at around £250pp(now jumped to £450)

Not sure what we are going to do at the end yet, possibly stay for a couple days or do something in the states for a few days.
I need to look into flight prices now I know about it :)

I've been bouncing round all day! :yay:

Not sure what we are going to do at the end yet, possibly stay for a couple days or do something in the states for a few days.
I need to look into flight prices now I know about it :)

I've been bouncing round all day! :yay:

There are direct flights showing for this Sept from San Juan to London for £301 http://www.kayak.co.uk/flights/SJU,nearby-LON,nearby/2013-09-28/3adults

So either returning from San Juan or Orlando you should be able to pick up a reasonable one way flight.

There are direct flights showing for this Sept from San Juan to London for £301 http://www.kayak.co.uk/flights/SJU,nearby-LON,nearby/2013-09-28/3adults

So either returning from San Juan or Orlando you should be able to pick up a reasonable one way flight.

I was surprised to see this because when I recently researched for direct flights between the UK and San Juan I couldn't find any. The only one which came up on searches was BA, but even they don't appear to offer the route any more.

When I followed your link, although it initially shows the Condor flight as being non-stop, when you go further into the booking process it is actually via Frankfurt.

I was surprised to see this because when I recently researched for direct flights between the UK and San Juan I couldn't find any. The only one which came up on searches was BA, but even they don't appear to offer the route any more.

When I followed your link, although it initially shows the Condor flight as being non-stop, when you go further into the booking process it is actually via Frankfurt.

Sorry I assumed they were nonstop as that is what it says but you are correct they are via Frankfurt, glad we are going upto Orlando for a week first, hopefully get an Aer Lingus flight via Ireland or VA using miles direct.

Full planning mode for this years trips now.

Already booked flights to Barcelona a few month back, last night I booked hotel in Barcelona for the night before cruise. Tonight I booked some flights for our July trip.:yay:

VA wanted £818 or Miles & Money £775 + 2k miles.

Checked Orbitz (As I do every day) same flights came up at $1055 =£640

This is the 3rd time I have booked with Orbitz, although savings not as good as past twice its still a reasonable amount.

£640 is slightly more than I wanted to pay but they are exact dates & flights I wanted, direct MAN~MCO.

Now I need a 1 way flight which is another dilemma. I have 2 options:

VA PE reward seat at £140+ 35k miles Or TC economy £224 and save my miles(105k for 3 of us). Obviously prefer VA PE but TC are far better flight times back into Manchester, VA is the later flight which I dislike.

What's your July dates then?

I would pick the VA flights but then I like to leave MCO as late as possible as you can get nearly another day plus you can eat dinner in the airport at a normal time rather than early ;)

I am trying to sort out flights to NY & Orlando for April. Had hoped to get miles upgrades to upper with VA into NY but none on the days we can fly. At the moment it's looking like VS into JFK, Jet blue to MCO, Jet Blue back to Newark to visit family, Newark back to LHR on VS. :rolleyes1

What's your July dates then?

I would pick the VA flights but then I like to leave MCO as late as possible as you can get nearly another day plus you can eat dinner in the airport at a normal time rather than early ;)

I am trying to sort out flights to NY & Orlando for April. Had hoped to get miles upgrades to upper with VA into NY but none on the days we can fly. At the moment it's looking like VS into JFK, Jet blue to MCO, Jet Blue back to Newark to visit family, Newark back to LHR on VS. :rolleyes1

3rd-19th
We really don't care what time the flight leaves Orlando we plan our day to the flight, its the time it lands in UK, the TC flight gives us an extra 4 hours back home which is a big plus when I start work at 3:30am the next morning, plus Matt might have to get a train back to Lancaster day we land, that would be a massive rush landing on VA.
PE is a plus but only just, we are perfectly happy in economy or Upper/Business, just don't see the great attraction in PE. 105,000 miles is a lot of airmiles to save £250.
I am swaying towards TC and keeping airmiles for another trip but will a better deal come up another trip?..... changed my mind about 10 times so far:rotfl2:

Glad you got sorted with good flights for a decent price :thumbsup2

Will you still get miles on them booked through a third party? Just the post-cruise Orlando return to finalise and I assume you're done for the year? Is your AP still valid in October?

I'll be enjoying both trips with you as usual :goodvibes

Glad you got sorted with good flights for a decent price :thumbsup2

Will you still get miles on them booked through a third party? Just the post-cruise Orlando return to finalise and I assume you're done for the year? Is your AP still valid in October?

I'll be enjoying both trips with you as usual :goodvibes

Yes you get miles no problem. Orbitz are probably the best site around for booking flights, enter all details incl Frequent flyer numbers and it transfers to VA site as quick as you can open the VA website. It even let me request seats not hopeful now you have to pay £25pp each way but worth a try, its logged my request.

Just the one way to book, almost certain I am going with Condor(operated by TC) just trying to find a way of booking without paying a CC fee (no option for debit card) Condor want 15 Euro fee, Tripsta £19.35 off to search US agents, they don't have CC fees.

AP not valid after our July trip. Found a really good rate for AKL at just over £100/nt but not going in Disney so will probably stay offsite.

See I like the later flights as I miss the rush hour on the M25 and the extra couple of hours make little difference to our return day :thumbsup2

We are there from the 10th - would love to meet up again if we can work something out? :goodvibes

See I like the later flights as I miss the rush hour on the M25 and the extra couple of hours make little difference to our return day :thumbsup2

We are there from the 10th - would love to meet up again if we can work something out? :goodvibes

Opposite for us into Manchester, with the TC flight we should be back in the house by 7:30am with zero traffic, VA it would be around 11:30am could hit traffic although thankfully we don't have M25 issues, hitting traffic would only be 5-10 mins up here(unless someone jumps off the bridge again over the M62).:rotfl2:

We will see what our plans are nearer the time:thumbsup2

Just the one way to book, almost certain I am going with Condor(operated by TC) just trying to find a way of booking without paying a CC fee (no option for debit card) Condor want 15 Euro fee, Tripsta £19.35 off to search US agents, they don't have CC fees.

The Condor flight isn't a bad flight via Expedia at the moment - not sure about card charges though.

It's a shame we have to fly back the day we arrive in San Juan as we would have liked a few days there but the flights are double the price any other day of the week.

I ended up booking with Orbitz, paying in dollars and no fees, converted to just over £200pp
Glad I booked, gone up to over £320pp now.

That does look good!! So excited for our first cruise we are doing the 4 day Bahamas in October on the Dream :goodvibes

That does look good!! So excited for our first cruise we are doing the 4 day Bahamas in October on the Dream :goodvibes

I prefer the older 2 ships to the Dream but still a fantastic ship. I have no doubt the people who sail on the newer ships first prefer those to the older ones. :goodvibes

We've now booked our flights back from San Juan too and paid off the cruise balance!
Feels real now so more than a bit excited!! :cool1:
Roll on September!!

We've now booked our flights back from San Juan too and paid off the cruise balance!
Feels real now so more than a bit excited!! :cool1:
Roll on September!!

We still have flights to book from San Juan to Orlando, I wish they would release them. Will pay cruise off on the due date, I rarely pay anything early:rotfl2: although at $1.66/£1 exchange rate it is tempting.

We still have flights to book from San Juan to Orlando, I wish they would release them. Will pay cruise off on the due date, I rarely pay anything early:rotfl2: although at $1.66/£1 exchange rate it is tempting.

We've just got to book our flight to Barcelona but at least there's more option with that one!
Now I have to wait until June to book activities! Looking forward to it already!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter