Just busted open my Terramundi Pot

Zeebs

DIS Veteran
After buying a new one after our last trip in October 2008.

It had £1220 in it. Yee ha am off with the kids to the bank to swap that for American $$$$.

and to buy a new pot to start all over again.

ps the reason it is a round figure as no body was allowed to put anything smaller than a 50 pence in it. ;) and any £2.00 coins we had went straight in it.

I also strangley found 2 x $1.00 coins not sure where they came from, but they will come in useful.

Kirsten

good idea, might do the same for the girls for this year, know i wont get as much but its a little extra for them

Amazing, when I broke mine I had been saving in it for 5 years and had only ever put £2 coins in but I only had just over £500 in it, admittedly it wasn't completely full. We had decided to go the US last minute and cracked it open to use as spending money.

I have another one on the go but haven't really put much in it.. Maybe I will start again but not just £2 coins as that takes to long.:thumbsup2

I was also putting the £20.00 I made for every time I make a birthday cake for friends, I think I did 12 cakes last year so that added up as well.

Hubby pays for the ingredients in the weekly shop hee hee and all the money went in the pot.

Every little bit helps.

That's great!

I'm another £2 coin saver here! The worst part is that I can't physically spend a £2 coin anymore, it HAS to go in the tin!

That's great!

I'm another £2 coin saver here! The worst part is that I can't physically spend a £2 coin anymore, it HAS to go in the tin!

I'm the same and when I get a £2 coin as change I get a little excited. I call it Mickey Money and it cannot be spent as it belongs to The Mouse (even outside my tin)!

Another one here who can't spend the £2.00 in fact I have been know to pay by card so not to use the one I have in my wallet that I haven't had a chance to put in the pot.

Just got back from the shop with a new pot. I need the pot you break because I have been know to raid the kids money boxes (I always pay them back) but I would be terrible if my savings were in a money box I could access the money from.

Kirsten

Another one here who can't spend a £2 coin.:rotfl: I even feel a pang when I see someone else spend one! I call them my Disney Dollars.;)

i love my terramundi. its such a good way to save. both my girls have them too. beth puts £5 nots in hers and millie puts £10 notes in hers. they are saving for florida in october. they will have more money than me at this rate :)

good idea, might do the same for the girls for this year, know i wont get as much but its a little extra for them

Megan got one as a present when she was born. It wasnt a terramundi one though - it was a "pot of dreams" that they sell in clintons. Really pretty and a bit smaller than a terramundi but its personalised with her name on it.
Nowhere near full yet though :confused:

i love my terramundi. its such a good way to save. both my girls have them too. beth puts £5 nots in hers and millie puts £10 notes in hers. they are saving for florida in october. they will have more money than me at this rate :)

Never thought to put notes in it - always put £1 or £2 coins - may have to slip a few £5s in there too :)

Well done that is a fab total!!!!

I had a terrimundi pot last year & hated breaking it open as it was a pretty pink one. :) This time I found in a cheapie shop (QD, don't know if they are nation wide or just local) a money tin that you can't open...without the aid of a can opener. ;) I bought that for my next "Mickey Money" pot as it was 99p, about the same size as a terramundi pot, plus it has Lightning McQueen & Tow Mater on the front. :thumbsup2 I then put the extra £15 I saved by not buying the terrimundi in it to start off my next savings. :thumbsup2

When I wanted to buy a terramundi pot, my DH said that it was a waste of money...so he made me one.:rolleyes: You should see it. He cut a slot in a big Tupperware pot and sellotaped it up and then covered it in Christmas paper, so we couldn't see how much we had in it. It's a monstrosity.:rotfl:

When I wanted to buy a terramundi pot, my DH said that it was a waste of money...so he made me one.:rolleyes: You should see it. He cut a slot in a big Tupperware pot and sellotaped it up and then covered it in Christmas paper, so we couldn't see how much we had in it. It's a monstrosity.:rotfl:

Thanks for the laugh, I think I will stick with my pretty pot even if it did cost me £20.00 the thing sits in my lounge for 2 years at least I want it to look nice.

But I really like your husband ingenuity.

Kirsten

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter