Just busted open my Terramundi Pot

After buying a new one after our last trip in October 2008.

It had £1220 in it. Yee ha am off with the kids to the bank to swap that for American $$$$.

and to buy a new pot to start all over again.

ps the reason it is a round figure as no body was allowed to put anything smaller than a 50 pence in it. ;) and any £2.00 coins we had went straight in it.

I also strangley found 2 x $1.00 coins not sure where they came from, but they will come in useful.

Kirsten

Wow thats fab! You just planted a seed in my head and I have been and ordered a lovely one to match my kitchen so it will look pretty in there!

I think I will love it in there that it will kill me when I have to smash it open!! :rotfl:

Thanks for the laugh, I think I will stick with my pretty pot even if it did cost me £20.00 the thing sits in my lounge for 2 years at least I want it to look nice.

But I really like your husband ingenuity.

Kirsten

Some might call it ingenuity, other might suggest that he is tight-fisted...:rotfl:Luckily his handiwork is hidden in our wardrobe so nobody has to look at it.;) And considering it will be 3 years old when we open it, that is a blessing.

WoW! That is fantastic! DH & I have thought about selling these in the shop but there are so many that I don't know which ones to choose!! :lmao:

WoW! That is fantastic! DH & I have thought about selling these in the shop but there are so many that I don't know which ones to choose!! :lmao:

DW suggested this to the gift shop she works in. They have been a major seller since :goodvibes

DW suggested this to the gift shop she works in. They have been a major seller since :goodvibes

I have had 3 of them and have given 4 away as presents still have 6 neices that will get one when they turn 15 as well.

Kirsten

Well done that is a fab total!!!!

I had a terrimundi pot last year & hated breaking it open as it was a pretty pink one. :) This time I found in a cheapie shop (QD, don't know if they are nation wide or just local) a money tin that you can't open...without the aid of a can opener. ;) I bought that for my next "Mickey Money" pot as it was 99p, about the same size as a terramundi pot, plus it has Lightning McQueen & Tow Mater on the front. :thumbsup2 I then put the extra £15 I saved by not buying the terrimundi in it to start off my next savings. :thumbsup2

we hada qd store around here, its now called something like store 21, i'll have to go in and have a look for one, at the moment i'm using an empty Folgers coffee jar bought from walmart!

Wow thats fab! You just planted a seed in my head and I have been and ordered a lovely one to match my kitchen so it will look pretty in there!

I think I will love it in there that it will kill me when I have to smash it open!! :rotfl:

Do you know anyone who's a dab hand at DIY? If they have a drill with a bit to drill holes they could drill the bottom of the pot gently then you would still have the pot! You could use the bit thats drilled out and some sealant and fashion it back toegether?????Not done this bit yet so don'tknow if its successful but any how Happy Saving !:woohoo:

Do you know anyone who's a dab hand at DIY? If they have a drill with a bit to drill holes they could drill the bottom of the pot gently then you would still have the pot! You could use the bit thats drilled out and some sealant and fashion it back toegether?????Not done this bit yet so don'tknow if its successful but any how Happy Saving !:woohoo:

The thought of my hubby trying to gently drill holes in one of these pots made me :rotfl2: You should see the bird box that he has just drilled to the top of the back garden fence hahahaha!!!

The website that I bought it from said that you should use the claw part of the hammer through the money slot and gently pull the top off and then you can reuse the pot for plants - its a gorgeous pot so I think I may just do that!! :thumbsup2 The trendy way to have 'unique' plant pots! :)

Mine are always pretty and I do think it will be hard to break it but half the fun of finding out how much money is in it is the whacking it with a hammer, the kids all had a whack.

Kirsten

wow that is a fab amount of spending money- well done. was it the regular size pot or the large giant version?

wow that is a fab amount of spending money- well done. was it the regular size pot or the large giant version?

No just a normal sized one but it did have lots of £20.00 notes in it from my cake baking.

I think I might go and see if I can book the boys in for the Pirates League seeing I now have all this extra spending money.

Kirsten

I love these pots, we couldn't get one and so we just covered a coffee tub BUT anytime anybody needs lunch money they dig into my pot!!!!! So when we went we only had £50 after saving for 8 months!

I decided enough is enough and I'm going to buy me a proper one lol that will put a stop to the dipping :)

Well done on that save though must feel brilliant I think it's even better then having it in the bank as its too easy to draw it out and spend!

That's great I have just been on the website. A lot of Florida holiday goers must go use the pots as they have a special Florida fund one :)

I've been doing something similar but I collect anything less than a 50p lol

So any 20p 10p 5p 2p and 1ps go in. And as others have said, it now kills me if I have to spend one of those coins!

It might only sound like small amounts but I've only been collecting since September and I already have £100 :)

I'm hoping since I have another 6 month before my trip ill end up with £200 or more :)

I love my terramundi pot!
We put in odd bits of change, £2 coins and the odd note.
After 9 months it was full.

A very therapeutic 'dropping' lat er we had £550 which went straight on a travel money card to be our spending money.

Even better it feels like its free!

We have a lovely glittery union jack pot now which will keep u s going till just before we set off in August.

Can't recommend it enough.

We have two pots. An unbreakable one (£2 coins and £100 every pay day) and a massive old glass whiskey bottle (4.5 litres) from a pub I worked in 25 years ago (don't think they exist any more), that holds coppers and 5ps. The unbreakable had £2,366 in it last time we cracked it open for a trip :) It's four years since the whiskey bottle was last full but I'm thinking it will probably get there in time for our next trip in August. I never empty it before it's empty. Bad karma ;) I'm hoping it might pay for the Radisson at the airport this year. Well done all the pot savers. Free money is the best!

We have two pots. An unbreakable one (£2 coins and £100 every pay day) and a massive old glass whiskey bottle (4.5 litres) from a pub I worked in 25 years ago (don't think they exist any more), that holds coppers and 5ps. The unbreakable had £2,366 in it last time we cracked it open for a trip :) It's four years since the whiskey bottle was last full but I'm thinking it will probably get there in time for our next trip in August. I never empty it before it's empty. Bad karma ;) I'm hoping it might pay for the Radisson at the airport this year. Well done all the pot savers. Free money is the best!

SNAP! Mine is a large brandy bottle from a British Legion I worked in in 1988, my parents got the Whiskey bottle!

;)

Where does everyone get their pots from? I've never seen any in any shops, I must be looking in the wrong places!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter