JUST Called...CS told me everyone has own card-seperated credits??

kimberlyp02

Mouseketeer
I was told just a second ago that everyone in your party gets their own card with their name and whether they are a child or adult and the credits are NOT pooled into one anymore. That each person will have his/her own card when we check in and so that's how I will know how many "kid's" credits my dd has and how many "adult" credits are left. So did they just change this? She said that it's best for the parents to keep the kid's card to pay with. I'm confused now...lol

Just called again....ok, and I'm going to call AGAIN in a second...lol

The 2nd call she said, no they are pooled, BUT that they will print out a receipt and it will show on the receipt adult and child credits left SEPERATELY. She also said no sharing. That if you are at the table that you all have to use your credits since you all have them...

UGHHHH.....Let's see what #3 says.......

Ok, #3 was the worst of all...lol I'm not sure if she really knew if she worked at disney or not, sounded like she just woke up and was confused as to where she was and wanted me to tell her ;-)

I was actually just wondering how it was going to work to know when to pay oop for my dd's meals and when to use the credits and not have to keep track of exactly how many she had left on hers. There is no way she's going to need a meal at all the places we go to also, so we were planning on some days ordering 2 adults meals, then another day doing 1 adult, 1 child and sharing.

The 3rd said that I would need to ask my guest services desk at my resort to tell me and that they can seperate it by adult/child for me. She also said that you can use 2 credits for 3 people only if the 3rd person doesn't eat. So no sharing again....

So can we not share? I know they can't tell at CS, but for TS we had about 3 meals that we were planning on sharing between 2 credits for 3 adults.

I found out that the people I speak with for my room reservations and ME are airline reservationist. Yes, I spoke with a man in SLC who works for Continental. I spoke with a Delta rep today to add my daughter. I don't know that WDW really has reservationist. I think they outsource.

We went at the end of May-first of June, yes everyone has there own card it is the room key. On the key it has their name and whether they are adult and child. Other than that-- everything is pooled. We only used my card to pay for everything. The receipt showed how many TS were left if it was a table service meal and how many CS were left if it was a CS meal. We did share CS meals and it was not a problem. We could have shared TS meals as well. The only time a child credit is an issue is at a TS if the child is present. At CS meals we were told to get our DD an adult meal. TS she was never allowed but we never asked. Hope this helps. ALso we were able to ppay OP one morning-we had an extra TS since DH didn't eat one night due to migraine--we used the credit for him and paid OP for the rest at Crystal Palace. They just rung it up as two tickets.

It doesn't seem like the right hand knows what the left hand is doing. I hate when you call CRO and get different answers. I hope you can get this sorted out. I know when I made my ressies with the dining plan they told me they were pooled. Who knows. :confused3

We checked out yesterday morning. As of now all credits for the room are pooled. We had no children with us so I can't comment on that.

Deb

Most of the time the "info" CM's do not know what they are talking about. The best way to get good information is to call a restaurant directly. Back when they had the VKL vouchers I called 1/2 a dozen times and no one at the info line knew what they were. I called WCC and they knew about them.

Then ... I called and asked about getting in early for MVMCP and was told no that I could not get in until 7. Everyone knows you can get in at 4.

They may change things at some point to seperate out A and C credits. But, I would find it hard to believe they could enforce the no sharing rule and would find that absurd.

WDWO

The only time you are not allowed to share a meal is if it is a buffet, or a character meal, or the all you can eat meals. If you order off the menu you can share a meal for TS. For counter service just order how ever many you want to you can share them :thumbsup2

Thanks, that's what I thought. It is irritating though.... I'll just plan it the best for us and if we end up having to pay for someone extra, I'll already have it budgeted. And if not, hey we spent less than we thought!

I've frequently found that the general WDW people don't know what they are talking about. Fortunately, the DVC people usually do.

WDW has also consolidated the info people at the resorts. When you hit "front desk" at your room phone, you do not speak to anyone at your front desk. You speak to a general information person who may know nothing about your resort.

You can share any meal you want except a buffet or family style. That's not going to change. At CS, you buy as many meals as you want (along with a glass of tap water, any extra OOP, etc.) You take it to the table and feed as many people as you choose. At TS, you order off the menu. If you want an extra plate, you tell the server. It is the same amount of food no matter how many eat it.

I expect that at some point they will separate child and adult credits, but that has not happened yet.

Unless you specify otherwise, all the cards hold all the credits for the room. You can specify that you don't want credits available on the children's cards if you feel better that way.

I just checked out this morning. We each had our own card but all of the credits were pooled together. We ended up sharing 2 CS for breakfast (huge portions) and 2 CS for lunch every day. Two meals more than fed my DH, DS7, DS3, and I. We never tried to share a TS meal. We could use any of the 4 cards to pay using the dining plan but they all came out of one account.

rlrx said:
We could use any of the 4 cards to pay using the dining plan but they all came out of one account.

I was stopped from getting an adult cs meal once because i had mixed up the cards and handed them my daughter's card. They said I couldnt get an adult meal with a kids card.....I said oh because it didnt have charging privilages but he said no i could get a kids meal but not an adult...even though clearly i'm an adult ordering an adult meal. But I suspect like many other things about the DDP this is another thing that any CM might decide is how things work...I bet if he had swiped the card it would have went through.

That would make sense. My husband almost always got our meals while I went and got a table with the kids so the CM had no idea who he was ordering for and he always used his own card. I could see it being a problem if we were all standing there together or if we used one of the kids cards. I didn't feel like we were cheating the system because at POFQ where we ordered our breakfast, they didn't distinguish between a "kid's" meal or an "adult's" meal-all were the same size. So, we figured we used the kids' credits for breakfast and our credits for lunch.

I sure hope it's pooled when we go, we're counting on it for the way we did our ADR's! It always has been in the past and it worked great for us, using the TS points toward the adults and paying OOP for our daughter on separate bills.

Since our next trip is DM and I...I will try not to worry...but...goodness...I hope no one tries to tell us we can't share a non-buffet meal...if I had wanted someone to tell me what to eat when I would have taken my Top Secret's and defected from the US Army to Russia in 1987!

beth_cam said:
I was stopped from getting an adult cs meal once because i had mixed up the cards and handed them my daughter's card. They said I couldnt get an adult meal with a kids card.....I said oh because it didnt have charging privilages but he said no i could get a kids meal but not an adult...even though clearly i'm an adult ordering an adult meal. But I suspect like many other things about the DDP this is another thing that any CM might decide is how things work...I bet if he had swiped the card it would have went through.

I would guess that that was just that particular CM's opinion because when we went last Sept. I never paid attention to which card I used to pay. All the cards will show the same number of credits left regardless of which card you use to pay.

When we were there in April, we were 2A and 2C. I went to the counter at Cosmic Ray's and ordered 3A meals and handed her the card. She told me that I couldn't order 3A meals at a time because of the 2A/2C on the card, so she rang up 2A meals and swiped the card, then ordered the other A meal and swiped it again for 2 transactions. Kinda strange but we got what we needed for 4 people.

At other places, we didn't have that trouble. But then again, I'm not sure how many times at the CS places we ordered 3 meals. Most of the time, we split 2A meals between the 4 of us.

While sharing at the TS restaurants is totally allowed (as long as it's not a buffet, character meal or family style) we didn't do it, since both kids wanted their own meals. The best part was that even if ds3 didn't eat his, I never really got concerned that I was wasting the money. His total daily cost was $10.99 and between all of us, we more than made up for him. Plus he loved being able to use the snack credits for a popcorn or Itzakadoozie every day.

Kimberly,
Just returned from WDW this morning and did the dining plan. The credits were pooled. It did specify on the card 3adults and 1 child. My nephew also joined us for several meals. We normally would split 3 or 4 dinners among the 5 of us and were very full. When we sat down we always told the server up front that 4 of us were on the plan and that we were treating our nephew. We had several servers tell us to go ahead and order 4 adult meals since the credits were pooled. We never asked this....they recommended it to us. If it wasn't mentioned...we ordered 3 adult and 1 child dinner. We also shared alot of CS meals. With the dining plan...we never went hungry...that's for sure.

That's awesome to know! Thanks! Now, if only they will keep that up until Sept. I bet they'll be changing it soon though with so many on the dining plan, you know? Thanks for the update.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter