JUST Called...CS told me everyone has own card-seperated credits??

cathicool said:
how does disney "know" the age of someone? like how will they know my child is under/over 3 or my other child is under/over 9?

what about a kid with multiple, multiple food allergies who cannot possibly participate in the dining plan? even with the disney chef's trying to help, it would really be impossible and super scary to let someone else prepare a meal for this child.

anyone know of any exceptions made to the dining plan rule of everyone or noone?

When you book your reservation, the CM will ask for the ages of the children in the party.

Whenever you call, they pull up your profile which shows the names and ages (and I think birth dates) of all the kids in your group.

I've never heard of CRO making an exception to the dining plan. I guess the only thing a guest can do is look over the plan and decide if the plan will work for them or not.

Not all packages will work for all families.

of course if the child over 3 is allergic and you have an under 3 you could just get the dining plan normally but use the older childs credits on the younger one. ofcourse they would be wasted at buffets but they can be saved for other meals, in some cases traded for snacks etc.

anneofgreengables said:
Let me get this right... are you all saying that in a non-buffet, non-Fantasmic meal, we can share entrees and save credits for another restaurant?

For instance, there are 2 adults and 2 kids in our party. We have ressies at Marrakesh, Liberty Tavern, Sci-Fi, Biegarten, all non-buffet meals I believe. So we can just split two adult plates between the four of us in all these restaurants and use the leftover credits for other restaurants because they don't specify whether they are adult or child credits?

I need to know so I can determine whether to make additional ADRs.

Let's say my husband and I share an entree at Liberty Tavern (1TC instead of 2TC between the two of us). Then the next day , we share an entree again at Marrakesh. That frees up 2 TCs that we can use for an additional ADR! Is this true?

Biergarten is a buffet, and so is Liberty Tree Tavern at dinner.

We are a group of 9 heading down five weeks from Sunday (but who's counting :wave2: .

We have 3 rooms - one w/ 4 adults, 1 w/2 adults and mine w/ myself and my cousin's son listed (he will probably be take turns sleeping in different rooms). Anyway, we will be eating most TS meals together - will we need to ask for 3 seperate checks, broken out by room?

I would like to know what is done when you have a reservation with 2 rooms on it, with 6 people total in the two rooms. Are both rooms credits pooled together? Help! I leave day after tomorrow!!! :wave2:

Hollyster2 said:
I would like to know what is done when you have a reservation with 2 rooms on it, with 6 people total in the two rooms. Are both rooms credits pooled together? Help! I leave day after tomorrow!!! :wave2:

No both rooms are not pooled together. Each room is treated seperately.

Ok, so when it is time to pay for a meal, we hand them both cards if we are all together, right?

Hollyster2 said:
Ok, so when it is time to pay for a meal, we hand them both cards if we are all together, right?

Yes, just tell them how many credits to use on each card :)

Have a great trip :wizard:

bnorm27 said:
Thanks for confirming that for me. I tried to reserve all buffet and family style meals for the week based on that. The only time I may have to pay OOP will be at the Cinderella meal. :cool1:

When we went to breakfast at CRT when our 5 yr old was under 2 he was given his own plate of food there, and we were not charged for him.

robind said:
We are a group of 9 heading down five weeks from Sunday (but who's counting :wave2: .

We have 3 rooms - one w/ 4 adults, 1 w/2 adults and mine w/ myself and my cousin's son listed (he will probably be take turns sleeping in different rooms). Anyway, we will be eating most TS meals together - will we need to ask for 3 seperate checks, broken out by room?

We did a group of nine in 3 separate rooms in December. We had all TS meals together and asked for separate checks, one person from each room gave a room key and the checkout was quick. We forgot to do this at Prime time and after a quick fix it was all set. It was no problem at all. Where everyone sleeps makes no difference. My DD slept one night in her sousins room, My DS spent one night in Grandma and Grandpa's room--he fell asleep watching TV and no one wanted to wake him. The room keys will be printed with number of A and number of C in each particular room, so one room key per room will take care of dining credits for the room.

I wonder especially if it is all in one reservation but even if not....if you could get the credits put on the cards however you want. It would make sense that they could do that the same way the do charging privalages. If you are splitting families between rooms with each other it would just make sense to be able to have each family have their own credits reguardless of which room their name is on. Or when 2 friends travel together and stay in one room for them to each be able to have just their credits on their cards. My advice though is to keep good mental track of all the credits be very specific in how they charge the credits (even if they say they just need one card make them charge it to each card as it is supposed to be) and get some credit balance checks along the way (check your receipts and/or get a print out at the front desk). I say this because some one reported that when they ate with someone else they sometimes were told both cards needed sometimes one card needed. Got to end of vacation and one card was out of credits so they used the other but the cm wouldnt allow it becase that meant they were charging more meals to the card than the number of people listed on the card. So really as I said everyone should have what is theirs on their card and make sure it is always charged for their own meals.

JoiseyMom said:
When we went to breakfast at CRT when our 5 yr old was under 2 he was given his own plate of food there, and we were not charged for him.

Yachtsman's Steakhouse did this for us too. They even brought my 2 year old the same dessert as her brothers. We would have paid oop, but they said not to worry about it. At every other place, including CRT, she just shared with us or we bought her a kids meal.

HayGan said:
No both rooms are not pooled together. Each room is treated seperately.

I asked about this when we made our reservations last week..we have two rooms and either five or six people staying in them for Sept. and they told me it was the reservation..if we are five people we will have 7 days worth of dining on the card for five people..that it was pooled. Each card would be the same..we are one family with kids in other room. Although kids are not little..they are teens and a twenty something. All would be adult meals. I hope this is true..it would be very confusing otherwise. I am going to have to indicate who exactly is staying in which room otherwise....and that just seems to complicate things.

auntie said:
I asked about this when we made our reservations last week..we have two rooms and either five or six people staying in them for Sept. and they told me it was the reservation..if we are five people we will have 7 days worth of dining on the card for five people..that it was pooled. Each card would be the same..we are one family with kids in other room. Although kids are not little..they are teens and a twenty something. All would be adult meals. I hope this is true..it would be very confusing otherwise. I am going to have to indicate who exactly is staying in which room otherwise....and that just seems to complicate things.

The card used for the dining plan is the same as your room key. I've never heard of 2 rooms being on the same key.

I've never heard of 2 rooms being on the same key.
The last time that all 7 of us went to WDW, we were in connecting rooms-twice- Dixie and Beach Club. The keys were the same for both rooms for each of the reservations.

This is what I was led to believe also..that is was by the reservation..not room. I inquired as to how many meals we would have on each card, and they told me it was by the nights in the package and that all cards would show the same amount...even though it was two rooms..it is one reservation. I guess I'll find out for sure in October...but I do hope it is what they say..otherwise it's going to be confusing with one room have one amount of dining and the other room having a different amount. Either way..I guess we'll work it out..only would be a bit more difficult with two different amounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter